Archived Executive Team Leader in Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, you have no peers. You are an Executive so act like it.

Fellow execs are peers. Am I wrong?

If you see them that way it's fine. I'm just being sarcastic. Some kids come into that job and let the title go to their head. I treated everyone like a peer because we're all adults. Obviously I didn't share sensitive information with TMs but I didn't walk around on a pedestal or have a TM carry me around like some other ETLs felt they deserved. We're all TMs really. ETLs just get paid more because they are responsible for more.

Fellow execs are peers. Am I wrong?

If you see them that way it's fine. I'm just being sarcastic. Some kids come into that job and let the title go to their head. I treated everyone like a peer because we're all adults. Obviously I didn't share sensitive information with TMs but I didn't walk around on a pedestal or have a TM carry me around like some other ETLs felt they deserved. We're all TMs really. ETLs just get paid more because they are responsible for more.

My apologies, I missed the sarcasm. I agree with you though, glad you treat your TM's right.

Week 2 in. Can someone give me the cliff notes to the logistics position? I feel like I am not being trained thoroughly.

You need to speak to your STL if you aren't I am in the same position. It's how you speak to things that can help you in the long run

Does anybody know how etls that haven't been placed are managed? I feel as though they are trying to get rid of me. I am fairly new to Target

@ETL19TT - I've seen ETLs not placed get termed if they aren't catching on quickly. If they don't think you'll do well at your own store they'll let you go. This happened to a fellow ETL I trained with. I went to the new store and she never showed up. Found out they termed her because they didn't think she was progressing enough to be on her own.

@etlnewbie - You're first 2 weeks or so should be learning the fundamentals of the flow process. Get involved but not so much that you get tunnel vision and don't know what's going on somewhere else. Learn the unload process, setting up Custom Blocks, placing the pallets in the right location on the sales floor, pulling autofills, backstocking, nightly/daily audit, empty location report, understand RWT, etc.

Later you need to understand the metrics and how to improve them, all Best Practices, the food process, the best Wave for your store, etc.

If they are having you do manual labor all the time then they are using you as free help during 4th quarter.

My trainers use me as labor all of the time. They use the excuse as it's my training.

If you find yourself in that position you have to take control of your training (yes it know it sucks, but there it is).
Start asking questions, write stuff down and flag things you don't understand, try to get the larger context.
You need to understand how to do things the right way and the best way but also how to supervise people on doing that.
Push back and make them train you properly.

You ETL's and your puns, STAWP it your giving me cancer. Jk

I can't wait to start my training =]

Does anybody know how etls that haven't been placed are managed? I feel as though they are trying to get rid of me. I am fairly new to Target

If they are getting ready to term you, you'll know... The signs include, but are not limited too:

- Trainer and STL focusing more on your "opportunities" instead of your wins during status sessions
- Trainer/STL will call on you more during meetings or store walks. If you don't have an answer, or one that is good enough, they'll make a big deal about it.
- Trainer spends more time on other projects, but doesn't include you.
- Your opinion or input isn't wanted during meetings or store walks
- STL/ETL's avoid you. Will try to keep chit-chat short.
- Mistakes are magnified, not mater how small
- Conflicting goals. If you met said goal, goal will change and still not be satisfied.

It happened to me. I was an intern, even did the extended internship. First STL thought I was great, I had results, and was liked by the team. Second STL came in and hated me. She did her best to push me out, thankfully I found other employment and left.

I feel as if Target focuses on opportunities more than wins if they're trying to promote you also. Same with asking questions on store walks, it's to improve how you speak to the business. It's usually pretty obvious which direction they are going though.

Former ETL, posted here under several aliases in the last couple of years. Did 3 different ETL positions with Target. 1st training sucked. Trainer was great at the job, didn't have any interest in training new ETLs, probably because she trained about 1 a month for three years. She, along with other ETLs were downright hostile at times.

Second training was fantastic. Third was shit. Trainer was new-in-role and didn't know what he was doing, maybe four months on the job? I believe he was the longest tenured ETL in that particular role in the district after a mass exodus.

You'll do well not to rock the boat at Target. Unless you're a DTL or better, then rock it until it sinks and find a new boat, or 20 new boats (ETLs) that year.

Lol sounds about right but now they just put me in role due to store need lol, I am now etl sales floor…she said to me now that you are in role I have to document things now..I was like ok…?? lol

@Mhugh220 I have just been placed at my training store… remind you this is the same stl that asked if target is for me now she is offering me a position, but we did just lose an etl so it may be out of need as well

@Mhugh220 I have just been placed at my training store… remind you this is the same stl that asked if target is for me now she is offering me a position, but we did just lose an etl so it may be out of need as well

So training STL essentially asks you what you're doing at Target, probably due to perceived incompetence or disregard for the position on your part. Then you find your way back to the training store to work for him or her.

Then that STL essentially says you are fair game now that training is over.

Alright

Former ETL, posted here under several aliases in the last couple of years. Did 3 different ETL positions with Target. 1st training sucked. Trainer was great at the job, didn't have any interest in training new ETLs, probably because she trained about 1 a month for three years. She, along with other ETLs were downright hostile at times.

Second training was fantastic. Third was shit. Trainer was new-in-role and didn't know what he was doing, maybe four months on the job? I believe he was the longest tenured ETL in that particular role in the district after a mass exodus.

You'll do well not to rock the boat at Target. Unless you're a DTL or better, then rock it until it sinks and find a new boat, or 20 new boats (ETLs) that year.

My first trainer in logistics was alright... But I [later] found out that he was in the process of being performanced out. He was a former Sr. TL that was promoted due to an urgent need and didn't receive any ETL training outside of Business College. He was an energetic guy, but the TM's hated when he tried to "help" out. Couldn't even backstock correctly.

Second trainer in GE was a total female dog. She was in-role 8 months and already eyeing an STL position. She managed to get a long-term TL performanced out in SL and tried using me to get rid of several TM she didn't like on the fronted. When she got moved to logistics at another store, I was put "in charge" of GE even though my school schedule only allowed me to be at the store 3 or 4 days a week. And when I did work, I was used as LOD coverage...

No one can out performance me.

I've nothing to fear, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back