Archived Executive Team Leader in Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie to this site and company. I was interviewing for an open Executive Team Leader Logistics position. I was hired as an Etl in training. Does this mean I am training for that position or that I could end up in a different role once training is completed?

I understand business needs but I also live in an area in which I have to drive 1.5 hours for training. So basically I am hoping I end up at my hometown store in that open position.

I was also told that they only pay for mileage over 50 miles. Do you know how much they pay per mile?

Final question! Since we are hourly during etl training...how hard is it to get your salary pay while working hourly...as in do you get the hours?

I understand business needs but I also live in an area in which I have to drive 1.5 hours for training. So basically I am hoping I end up at my hometown store in that open position.

I was also told that they only pay for mileage over 50 miles. Do you know how much they pay per mile?

Final question! Since we are hourly during etl training...how hard is it to get your salary pay while working hourly...as in do you get the hours?

Good luck, like they said it is whatever the business needs.

They pay 48 cents per mile. For every trip I did at least.

Also, hourly pay during training, I believe you work 50 hours and even with the 10 hours of overtime you don't ever reach your actual salary pay. You reach about 70% of pay I believe.

Thanks for the replies guys/gals.

How does the hourly actually work out then?

Shady....at least it isn't "foreign" overtime like one of my old employers did

Congrats on business college. My training is going to be 8 weeks.

I was brought in at a higher rate than college grads. I am just worried that with all the traveling and gas if I am going to see much at first.

I wish they covered the 1.5 hours driving in the hours worked.

Yeah. Business college is 8 weeks corporate wide.

I started higher also, due to my internship with the company. My district is pretty close niched, so no matter where I end up I wont drive more than an hour. Training, however, is usually in a different district.

Yeah. Business college is 8 weeks corporate wide.

I started higher also, due to my internship with the company. My district is pretty close niched, so no matter where I end up I wont drive more than an hour. Training, however, is usually in a different district.

I will be in a different district. Actually at one point they will be putting me in a hotel for two weeks which is nice.

From what I recall - if I was around 50 hours, it came pretty close to what my salary would be. I was an experienced hire, but it still was in the same ballpark - from what I was told, they use your salary to figure out your hourly rate. You might also be able to get some of your "drive time" to be counted towards that hourly total - I think anything over 45-50 minutes is "allowed" can be considered working since it's longer that a "normal" commute. This may vary region to region, district to district, but it would be work asking, especially with a 1.5 hour commute (assume you mean each way).

Good Luck!!

interesting... my business college was only 6 weeks, and even with the 50 hours i received my full pay. ask them if it is possible for them to put you up in a hotel. they were able to accomodate me with that option and it turned out to be AMAZING! (see what i did there??) haha but like Rocket99 said you could maybe get drive time included, but i dont think it will be likely.

interesting... my business college was only 6 weeks, and even with the 50 hours i received my full pay. ask them if it is possible for them to put you up in a hotel. they were able to accomodate me with that option and it turned out to be AMAZING! (see what i did there??) haha but like Rocket99 said you could maybe get drive time included, but i dont think it will be likely.

I want 6 weeks... How'd you manage that?!

That's what it was when I receieved my learning plan. It was for soft lines so idk if that had anything to do with it or not. However, I know my etl-log only went through 6 weeks as well. This was last year though so it may have been different this year. I feel as if there is quite a bit more ETL turnover late last year and early into this year so it's possible that they could have lengthened the training.

EDIT: And this is the Logs first role

That's what it was when I receieved my learning plan. It was for soft lines so idk if that had anything to do with it or not. However, I know my etl-log only went through 6 weeks as well. This was last year though so it may have been different this year. I feel as if there is quite a bit more ETL turnover late last year and early into this year so it's possible that they could have lengthened the training.

EDIT: And this is the Logs first role

Interesting. I agree with the increased turnover, so you could be "spot" on with that assessment. I'll ask my coordinator a couple months in advance to see if I could get it down to 6 weeks.

When you say 6 weeks, that counts your 2 weeks training at another store?

What type of classroom training is provided in business college? Does anyone have the actual agenda? Thanks.

They'll tell you at business college how many hours you'll need to work to get your salary. It's not far off since they factor your hourly salary plus overtime, minus lunch breaks.

The class room stuff was learning Target brand and pro team vs Anti Union. They'll also talk about the latest shitty idea and how great it is. When I went through it was Vibing.

BC was only 6 weeks for us. Longer for idiots who didn't catch on quickly or those who are replacing someone they haven't fired yet.

Your real training will begin once you are in your store figuring out how everything works and what you need to do vs what you are supposed to do.

Your real training will begin once you are in your store figuring out how everything works and what you need to do vs what you are supposed to do.

this has so much truth. a little over a year later im thinking, "this is some basic chit that i should have learned in business college damn it." and even though im slowly turning into a "go to" leader my team looks at me sometimes like, "you should probably know that"

As an ETL-LOG, you will be the Exec over the SFT. Support this person with vigor. Inspire your peers to fill out the mysupport instead of doing shoulder taps.

If the SFT is waiting on parts, get his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back