Archived Executive Team Leader in Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

I'm not really worried...

They love me!

"Performance out" is when your performance is scrutinized & nitpicked for any little thing; they accumulate lots of little things trying to grow them into bigger issues over time until they have a paper trail of 'poor' performance to push you out the door.
Then, to add insult to injury, said paper trail is used to justify denial of unemployment benefits.

So is this a good thing? A bad thing?

How should 'morons' be dealth with?

@redeye58 So if they performance manage me out, they can deny unemployment? Wow, I am a recent college grad so a lot of ways they do things are new to me. Even so I have worked for other companies and haven't seen a "culture" quite like targets

@redeye58 So if they performance manage me out, they can deny unemployment? Wow, I am a recent college grad so a lot of ways they do things are new to me. Even so I have worked for other companies and haven't seen a "culture" quite like targets

They can try but if you fight it they will fail.
It's just in their interest to make it difficult and hope you will just give up.
You just have to challenge it, there's an over the phone hearing, unemployment figures out what they are up to and gives you the check.
/me speaks from experience.

@commiecorvus so I should be fine.. because my stl is documenting every small thing I do now that I am in role, I am looking for other jobs now though

You might want to get in the habit of keeping a notebook and documenting everything they do as well.
If they give you an instruction, write it down, along with the time and date.
Make sure that every time you are addressed about an issue you write that down as well.
It might seem unwieldy at first and will slow you down a bit but there will be a great deal of protection offered when they know everything they say is being written down.
Tends to make them crazy when their own weapons are being used against them.
Can't say it will keep you on any longer but you will get much more satisfaction out of it.

Man I love this idea @commiecorvus should I let them know that I am doing this ?

You don't have to tell them.
In fact you really don't want to because then it sounds like a threat and makes it petty.
They will figure it from watching you soon enough.

No one can out performance me.

I've nothing to fear, eh?

My friend I hate to tell you but if they decide to performance you out you are gone.
They will put the microscope on you and write up every tiny mistake you might make.
In a month or two (three at the most) you will be gone.

As much as I don't want to believe this is happening to me, I see the early signs that my ETL is trying to do this. I work really hard but have a very challenging team to lead...
Ugh.

No one can out performance me.

I've nothing to fear, eh?
Actually, I'm serious.

They almost come to blows amongst themselves when making my schedule.

Everybody Wants Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back