Archived Fall national

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I was told it's more about the continuation of modernization. Mostly streamlining and talking about how to push the changes. They were also told the biggest problem that seems to be happening is just having team members focusing on recognizing guests.

They really are out of touch if that's what they feel the biggest problem is. Stores are literally becoming death traps in the back from all the freight building up. "Hey, one of our TMs was crushed by a thousand boxes of diapers!" "Yeah, but did he service the guests?!?"

Idk what to say honestly, I know some districts or stores individually are going to struggle with modernization for sure but our store has been doing a pretty good job I would say. Our back room honestly hasn't had any issues with backstocking. Are people being held accountable to their roles? Are you guys staffed correctly?

We had an ETL/TL meeting after our STL got back. Basically, modernization is in full-effect; no more thinking our store is the exception to new processes, etc. When HQ says to do something, we're to do it. "Scheduling to business needs, not TM availability" was a huge point, too. Need to hire more "experts" asap. TLs need to document more PDDs (or whatever they're called now) for performance. "Dedicated Owners" cannot leave until their area is "green". Also gave us our store's seasonal hiring goals. I think lofty is putting it lightly. We couldn't make our goal last year and this year it's double, so good luck to us.

Almost forgot: our SFS is going to be running 24 hrs :oops:

"Scheduling to business needs, not TM availability" was a huge point, too. Need to hire more "experts" asap. TLs need to document more PDDs (or whatever they're called now) for performance. "Dedicated Owners" cannot leave until their area is "green".

News Flash to corporate: Indentured servitude is dead and Target is not a serfdom.🙄

I don’t know how they expect me to service guests when there’s 16 flats waiting to pushed, 40 batches in move, im covering flexes and it’s 8:00pm... not to mention pallets upon pallets of back stock. How about we have ‘service anbassadors’ as a roll all the time instead of the remodel? You can’t expect somebody to get freight and backstock done if they service every guest. It’s not humanly possible. Make guest service ambassador it’s own position and let us get on with freight...

Agreed, and have ETLS act as floor walkers- assist guests as they walk the floor supervising, not for a few minutes walking back from Starbucks, but all day.
Eh, ASANTS I guess. My ETL’s are usually busy helping with truck or back stocking. They maybe get Starbucks together once a week and that’s maybe for 15 minutes. Otherwise they’re helping us on the floor and then once a week they spend most of the day in the office schedule writing.

Eh, ASANTS I guess. My ETL’s are usually busy helping with truck or back stocking. They maybe get Starbucks together once a week and that’s maybe for 15 minutes. Otherwise they’re helping us on the floor and then once a week they spend most of the day in the office schedule writing.
You’re lucky. Ours have a long break at Starbucks in the morning and a long lunch in the training room everyday. And between break and lunch they are on the walkie deciding where to get lunch and who is going to get it. Not all of our ETLs participate in this daily ritual, but most of them do, and they leave one SR-TL to run the store. Of course, no TL is good enough for them to associate with, but little do they know that none of them want to. Then after lunch the team catches Hell because they are behind and no one dared interrupt the party to ask for help, or if they did, no one would help until after lunch anyway.🙄

#UNION
#ORGANIZE

Dear corporate, if you let us go overnight then every dollar of payroll will be going toward pushing merch and coming clean, rather than wasted on busywork while waiting for guests to get the fuck out of our way while trying to push the light wall and toys. Y'all can either pay me $100 a day to get shit done or $100 a day to say "Excuse me" 10,000 times, which sounds more productive?

#UNION
#ORGANIZE

Dear corporate, if you let us go overnight then every dollar of payroll will be going toward pushing merch and coming clean, rather than wasted on busywork while waiting for guests to get the fuck out of our way while trying to push the light wall and toys. Y'all can either pay me $100 a day to get shit done or $100 a day to say "Excuse me" 10,000 times, which sounds more productive?
The cost of overnight is way more than pushing day side. While you might now be able to be as productive and eventually that will catch up, going day side saves SOOOO much money on the day to to operations.

The cost of overnight is way more than pushing day side. While you might now be able to be as productive and eventually that will catch up, going day side saves SOOOO much money on the day to to operations.
Until you are sitting on 6k pieces with no clue on how you will come clean.... stay tuned tomorrow kids 😂😂😂

Until you are sitting on 6k pieces with no clue on how you will come clean.... stay tuned tomorrow kids 😂😂😂
Yes! I meant to say not be as productive. I agree it’s a bad idea but I totally see the reason they did it. Also he was stating the costs so I was reminding him that the cost is a lot more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back