Archived Faulty equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a shit walkie last night and called for back up 3 times, the two cashiers pressed the back up button twice. 5 attempts at back up and no one showed up.
The 4th time I called I was testy and aggravated and in a panic. The GSTL comes running and says "you shouldn't get that stressed out when you start calling"

I said what really happened and she gave me her walkie.

Now, when I come in, I test my equipment, I get logged in to all the apps, and make sure I'm ready to go. But half our walkies randomly poop out like that and we have no way of telling when it's going to happen.
New Zebras don't scan.
RFID devices are down to 1 in the entire store. (why isn't that app on the Zebra?)
PDA's don't scan.
Printers are offline or just plain dead no matter how many batteries you try.
I'm not even sure we have a guest registry hand held any longer.

Is this the Target way? Let equipment die until we're unable to do our jobs? Because it's pretty frustrating and it's stressful when you have two cashiers and a service desk with 1 + 5 each. And then I get yelled at for not calling for back up when my throat is sore from screaming into the walkie!!!

Yep its what happens when you buy equipment that is treated horribly and no one forces people to respect the equipment.

We have so many Zebra's out for repair right now its not funny.. In Stocks has five devices that we should be able to just use every morning.. Nope we are down to two of them: One lost- logs and film show who did it, that person(not an ISTM) now on a CA for it. Another two were destroyed by flow who "borrow" them until we come in.

We had someone last year who was intentionally breaking the antennas off all the radio's. "Cause they got caught on my pants and the antenna didn't matter" Yes that was the excuse for destroying over 20 radio's.. He was fired for that but we are still dealing with radios that are useless cause you can't hear anyone unless they sound like static and no one can hear you.

Printers are just crap and again tossed around and treated like shit, GS should have two of them but no one stolen almost every day by flow and GS has to find it every morning.

Sounds like there's problems at your store other than faulty equipment. You're hitting the help needed button a bunch of times and not coming through clearly on walkie? Why is your store leadership not checking on the front when this is happening? "The front lanes aren't responding to any walkie calls but they keep hitting the button to request for help. They must be fine."?

I always log on to my zebra and make sure its working before I go on the salesfloor. As far as I know we have not had any broken yet but we only have had them for 2 months so far. Walkies work fine, we actually ordered a ton from last Christmas and still have like 30+ amazingly. I do not use the portable printers myself but I know price change has been having lots of issues with them going offline.

Sounds like there's problems at your store other than faulty equipment. You're hitting the help needed button a bunch of times and not coming through clearly on walkie? Why is your store leadership not checking on the front when this is happening? "The front lanes aren't responding to any walkie calls but they keep hitting the button to request for help. They must be fine."?

I second this.

Sounds like poor leadership at your store. In most stores the etl GE is responsible for working equipment. Things that don't work should be sent out each week. Our store just ordered some new walkies.

The printers do go offline but don't forget the store Wi-Fi sucks

Last edited:
I always log on to my zebra and make sure its working before I go on the salesfloor. As far as I know we have not had any broken yet but we only have had them for 2 months so far. Walkies work fine, we actually ordered a ton from last Christmas and still have like 30+ amazingly. I do not use the portable printers myself but I know price change has been having lots of issues with them going offline.
I haven't been opening Operator in awhile but our FR printer is horrid. If it's not dying without being plugged in, it's constantly going offline... :/

Right now our walkies are mostly crap. Most have the antenna missing, batteries no longer take a full charger, and the chargers will show a full charge when only less than half charged, or show the walkie still charging but it has a full charge. Been about 6 years since we got additional walkies, batteries, or chargers. We need a whole new set up now.

Right now our walkies are mostly crap. Most have the antenna missing, batteries no longer take a full charger, and the chargers will show a full charge when only less than half charged, or show the walkie still charging but it has a full charge. Been about 6 years since we got additional walkies, batteries, or chargers. We need a whole new set up now.
Sounds like my store!

We definitely have a leadership problem when certain LOD's are on duty. If the ETL is in the building we get good response, she's all over everything. But two LOD's reel like their projects are more important than guest experience. Waaaaay more important to to anything other than ring up impatient moms with screaming toddlers.

I heard the back up button call over my walkie so when the GSTL said that she didn't hear it, either she lied or her walkie is broken too. And for the entire store to NOT hear it when two cashiers each pressed their button, that's just bullshit.

I'm frustrated so I'm job hunting. It's not worth it to go to work and feel like you're fighting your superiors because they don't care.

If I am calling for back up and do not receive a response after the third call, I then call the LOD and tell them I am not getting a response. As an LOD they should already be aware, but now I am getting them involved.

This was my biggest beef with the BT survey. If you want to make sure the guest has a positive experience then the employees need working equipment. There should be enough equipment for all the employees that need it. GS alone should have two working printers as well as a walkie and a zebra.

Sounds like poor leadership at your store. In most stores the etl GE is responsible for working equipment. Things that don't work should be sent out each week.
Sounds like there's problems at your store other than faulty equipment.
And this is why my store has gotten harsh on how TMs handle equipment.
One huddle, the STL held up a handful of walkies with broken antennas & gave a come-to-Jesus talk stressing that any equipment coming back in damaged will require an explanation.
My store don't play.

This was my biggest beef with the BT survey. If you want to make sure the guest has a positive experience then the employees need working equipment. There should be enough equipment for all the employees that need it. GS alone should have two working printers as well as a walkie and a zebra.

Oh don't worry the company got nailed for this on BTS survey. A lot of folks at the group levels had no idea it was this bad. Thanks to all you crappy ETLs and dtls who acted like equipment control was fine.

If I am calling for back up and do not receive a response after the third call, I then call the LOD and tell them I am not getting a response. As an LOD they should already be aware, but now I am getting them involved.

Yeah that's not okay. After the first call if no one responds 3 of our LODs are known to demand who is coming up. By the second call they pull a grid and start calling team members out by name.

Oh don't worry the company got nailed for this on BTS survey. A lot of folks at the group levels had no idea it was this bad. Thanks to all you crappy ETLs and dtls who acted like equipment control was fine.

Yeah that's not okay. After the first call if no one responds 3 of our LODs are known to demand who is coming up. By the second call they pull a grid and start calling team members out by name.
And you have to wonder what the STL's/ETL's are saying about E2E and MyTime to the group?? I've never worked for a company who has tried to cover up so many things and pretend all is well.

I've never worked for a company who has tried to cover up so many things and pretend all is well.
I respect our current store leadership, but don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. E2E in Market is really a mess, but at least twice a week at huddles we are told how great they are doing right before pushing 5 to 6 U-boats of product and or zoning every aisle. This is in addition to me doing the Marhet RIGs and Research for them. While it is true they aren't getting as many hours as they need to get the job done the way E2E is supposed to work, the caliber of TMs they have on the Market Team aren't getting as much done as they could.

And you have to wonder what the STL's/ETL's are saying about E2E and MyTime to the group?? I've never worked for a company who has tried to cover up so many things and pretend all is well.

Agreed thankfully the stls in my district pushed back when they were told they needed to write the schedule. Currently HR is doing the schedule and that's going okay.

I respect our current store leadership, but don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. E2E in Market is really a mess, but at least twice a week at huddles we are told how great they are doing right before pushing 5 to 6 U-boats of product and or zoning every aisle. This is in addition to me doing the Marhet RIGs and Research for them. While it is true they aren't getting as many hours as they need to get the job done the way E2E is supposed to work, the caliber of TMs they have on the Market Team aren't getting as much done as they could.

It was extremely naive of them to think they could just flow team members on department teams and think they would be able to keep up with this process.

I saw my etl hrs effiency report with cartons/hour. Our flow team is by far the most inefficient at my store

My store got nailed for integrity on BTS even from majority of our leaders.

Many of us are trying to just survive and there is too much push back that I believe many feel the need to cover up but eventually the truth comes out.

Agreed thankfully the stls in my district pushed back when they were told they needed to write the schedule. Currently HR is doing the schedule and that's going okay.
Our HR is writing our schedules and is told to not make too many changes. Problem is MyTime does not know the human factor as far as who is trained where and what that employee is good at.

Our HR is writing our schedules and is told to not make too many changes. Problem is MyTime does not know the human factor as far as who is trained where and what that employee is good at.

Yeah eff that noise. My first step is to completely delete all the pre written mytime shifts. What we do is use the coverage map where it helps (front end it's pretty accurate).

The system tells you what times to expect the heaviest guest traffic.

I was told the computer was writing our schedule. Our TLs have been asked to leave it alone. Apparently it works well in some stores. Anyone else going through this?

When our TL was called out due to a family emergency, the ETL let MyTime do it.
Two mornings we didn't have an opener at Starbucks, we didn't have closers one night in FA or SB & the coverage for that Saturday was ridiculous - NO overlap.
TL got back & had to revamp the whole week.

When our TL was called out due to a family emergency, the ETL let MyTime do it.
Two mornings we didn't have an opener at Starbucks, we didn't have closers one night in FA or SB & the coverage for that Saturday was ridiculous - NO overlap.
TL got back & had to revamp the whole week.

You must work in my store.. We had that happen not long ago.. Which is awesome when you have a new budget motel open next to your store.. Those people pour in at open for coffee.. No opener we nearly had a riot between employees and hotel people wanting coffee..

It would've been a disaster but fortunately she got it fixed before that week started; just had to notify everybody of the schedule change.

Nope we just had no opener in Sbux.. We had the ETL as LOD in the building that was "Well no one is on the schedule until 10:30a so we will just have to work around it." Cause she didn't want to call people in.. And that was our ETL HR..

I was told the computer was writing our schedule. Our TLs have been asked to leave it alone. Apparently it works well in some stores. Anyone else going through this?
Pretty much how our HR is writing them. I am already seeing the flaws in the scheduling. Computers don't use common sense in their computing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back