Archived Operator and bad phone equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I rarely have to act as "Operator" but when I do, our bad phone equipment makes it hard to hear guests. It's embarrassing to have to ask them to repeat what they've said, or even ask them to spell something because the connection is poor. Anyone else's store have phone issues?

Like you mean the phone on the zebra? Yes. I hardly do it too, but when I had to call to get buzzed in, it took forever. And when the lead picked up, I could hardly understand due to him cutting out and sounded like he was being suffocated.

Are you talking about the Cisco phones? If there are issues with them, they should be bought up and can be replaced with new and more modern models.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the Cisco phones? If there are issues with then, they should be bought up and can be replaced with new and more modern models.

Yep, that's the phone. I seriously doubt that they will replace it. I'm real low on the totem pole to influence that.

I might be wrong but I think thats something through CSC and compucom. Call 701 from any phone and they should be able to help.
If you're not feeling up to doing it yourself, continue to complain to any leadership you work with. One of them is bound to put in a request or call for help, especially because it could be an issue with the system itself, not just a single phone.

The Bad Phone Equipment just sounds like a band name for some reason. I'd want it to be a super trio of David Grohl, Josh Groban and P!nk.

Or "Operator and the Bad Phone Equipment". Same three people, fronted by someone who's an operator type. Ozzy comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back