Archived Favoritism??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favoritism, bias, discrimination, inequity, nepotism, partisanship, preference, preferential treatment, unfairness......WHATEVER you want call it......is a trait of ANY business. It is not contained to Target. Pure and simple. Washington D.C. is full of corruption (favortism). Have you ever heard someone say, "I know someone" or "I'll put in a good word for you?" That is favoritism. If you are going to work for a monster organization, company, etc.....you better learn how to play the game. Favoritism. Use it. Love it. Welcome to corporate America.

Favoritism, bias, discrimination, inequity, nepotism, partisanship, preference, preferential treatment, unfairness......WHATEVER you want call it......is a trait of ANY business. It is not contained to Target. Pure and simple. Washington D.C. is full of corruption (favortism). Have you ever heard someone say, "I know someone" or "I'll put in a good word for you?" That is favoritism. If you are going to work for a monster organization, company, etc.....you better learn how to play the game. Favoritism. Use it. Love it. Welcome to corporate America.

Favoritism is why I walked out of Target and suddenly had Full Time hours at my (now the only job I have) overnighter.

And this is the attitude that leads to lawsuits. If I see, read, or hear about somebody else do something that is remotely as bad as what I do then it's OK to do it myself. It's a political argument that is repugnant because it excuses everything and promotes nothing.

Just because you see somebody pissing into the wind without getting peed on doesn't mean you should do it.

I promote hard work, good working relationships, and respect. I don't know any other way. No negative attitude allowed. It couldn't be any easier.

Here's the problem though...

Who determines negative attitude and where it comes from? If an employee has a negative attitude that is being caused by another team member and reported it to their supervisor and nothing was done about it, is it their fault? Could said person have a good attitude but the leader is not able to see it or the well was poisoned? You just can't trust that people can see all the different angles on these kind of things.

Hard work, good working relationships, and respect are also very good indicators but they are still highly subjective. How do you turn respect into a quantifiable aspect of a person?

It's hideously complex to promote somebody. There isn't any one way to do it right but we do know what doesn't work and unfortunately it's happening right now.

I've been asking people to share these exact types of examples for weeks
We recently got a new GSA and a new clerical person but it wasn't even posted. One day a former cashier suddenly got the GSA position and one day a former SF TM got the clerical position. How is that even possible?? Seems like alot of favoritism is going on at my store.

We have so many people who are related working at our store. We also have a lot of couples. Our HRTL's son works there. He's just a kid, so some of the crap he pulls is understandable. He started as a cashier then went to FA. I guess he decided he wanted to be AP because he started wearing a walkie and going all over the store doing "surveillance." Next, I guess he decided to be GSA because when he was supposed to be working at FA he wore a walkie and called for back ups and would go to any lane that had a flashing light to help them. Now he is being trained to be GSA. I wonder how that will work since his mom does the schedule, cash office and works as GSA to cover brakes and lunches. Oh, and he's dating a girl he works with at FA. Yes, they are scheduled together often. They both called out on the same day then showed up at the store that night to shop! Yep! Not making that up! I realize anyone who reads this and works at my store will know who I'm talking about, but I'm all out of f**ks to give.

Another thing, I am a completely different person at work. I use TBR to express my negativity. At work I'm a positive, enthusiastic TM who "Drives the Vibe!"

Favoritism is a good part of why my store is the shit storm that it is.

Oh true that! I don't know how the current presentation TL at my store is even still employed by Target it's absolutely amazing how they can't get rid of her.

Oh and the current softlines TL, everyone on the sales floor thinks was only promoted because she's friends with the former ETL-HR.

Oh true that! I don't know how the current presentation TL at my store is even still employed by Target it's absolutely amazing how they can't get rid of her.

Oh and the current softlines TL, everyone on the sales floor thinks was only promoted because she's friends with the former ETL-HR.
It's like you work in my store!!!

...By any chance, at your store, is the heating in the break room completely messed up, and did your ETL-HR take a lot of vacation before she left?

...By any chance, at your store, is the heating in the break room completely messed up, and did your ETL-HR take a lot of vacation before she left?
I don't think so but I won't sit in the break room because it's foul and it's odd you say that because she was a she and she did just leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back