Archived Fighting a review score

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulvandtears

SrTL Salesfloor
My store gave out TL reviews this week and mine was less than satisfactory. This is the second year in a row I believe i deserved a DEO and received a DIO. I think it’s important to say my ETL was really upfront with me in both reviews and also told me I deserved a DEO.

Last year no one in leadership received a DEO due to a very poorly ran logistics department and bad sales for the store, I understood and moved on. This year I didn’t receive a DEO because my store was only allowed to give 1 out to the leadership team (we only have 7 leaders) because of the new rules around dividing up scores. I worked very hard this year and deserved that score.

Has anyone ever went to bat for the score they deserved and it actually work for them? Does anyone have suggestions as to the best way to plead my case to the STL?

No. If your store could only give out one DEO and they didn’t decide to give it to you, it’s a done deal and you are unfortunately out of luck. Your ETL told you that you deserved it, so you know it’s not a performance problem, but they screwed you over anyway, which is exactly why it is wrong to base performance review scores on predetermined monetary constraints instead of on rewarding performance. Everyone who earns a DEO rating should get one, but this is Spot and money talks, so apparently one lucky person gets the raise and the rest get screwed over. Sad but true. Sorry. ☹️

My store gave out TL reviews this week and mine was less than satisfactory. This is the second year in a row I believe i deserved a DEO and received a DIO. I think it’s important to say my ETL was really upfront with me in both reviews and also told me I deserved a DEO.

Last year no one in leadership received a DEO due to a very poorly ran logistics department and bad sales for the store, I understood and moved on. This year I didn’t receive a DEO because my store was only allowed to give 1 out to the leadership team (we only have 7 leaders) because of the new rules around dividing up scores. I worked very hard this year and deserved that score.

Has anyone ever went to bat for the score they deserved and it actually work for them? Does anyone have suggestions as to the best way to plead my case to the STL?
If the store didn’t make sales it’s impossible to get an outstanding review.

That’s bs saying the store allows only one DEO. They can give as many as it’s deserved . However all etls together decides your score not just your etl. And you should have told your etl that self review are based on you as an individual and not you with the team.

DEOs are rare, and that’s by design. Only so many can be given because they represent the very top, the very best.

I don’t doubt that you worked every bit hard enough to be deserving of that score. Shit, I had some of the best comps in the district and I didn’t get a DEO. Oh well, it would be unrealistic to get it twice in a row.

Yes, I successfully argued my case for my score once.

But... It’s too late. The time to make your case and argue for it was before self reviews were due. Speaking from experience. You can only lobby for yourself or nudge the situation your way before your self review has been read or submitted.

Last edited:
That’s bs saying the store allows only one DEO. They can give as many as it’s deserved . However all etls together decides your score not just your etl. And you should have told your etl that self review are based on you as an individual and not you with the team.
“Only one allowed”? Yes, BS. However, guidelines say DIO should encompass at least 80% of reviews, with no more than 10% being DEO and no more than 10% being ION. Seeing it that way, how many leaders do you have?

If you have too many DEOs, then either these people should be in the pipeline, being given a smidge more to do, or your expectations are out of whack. Too many IONs? That’s a reflection of a leadership problem.

“Only one allowed”? Yes, BS. However, guidelines say DIO should encompass at least 80% of reviews, with no more than 10% being DEO and no more than 10% being ION. Seeing it that way, how many leaders do you have?

If you have too many DEOs, then either these people should be in the pipeline, being given a smidge more to do, or your expectations are out of whack. Too many IONs? That’s a reflection of a leadership problem.
I’ve always got deo , from my very first review as a team member to my 5th year of leadership. Including this year which I just transferred from a store with 21 TL in the building .

So you got a deo once and then you drop in productivity? Makes no sense to me . I’ve always gone above and beyond and it has been noted by all the etls and Stl and always continued to get the deo. They can’t justify to be that because red card goal wasn’t met I deserve a lower score . Self review mean what I did as a individual and how I help my work center get their metrics green. I can’t control the cashiers . But I do control the price change being pulled on time , and Plano transition pulled and set on time , opu picking on time sfs meeting the goal time , mirs and recalls done on time , , Manual pulls on time , lead in time for trailer and etc that’s what I do that’s where my score should reflect .

So you got a deo once and then you drop in productivity? Makes no sense to me . I’ve always gone above and beyond and it has been noted by all the etls and Stl and always continued to get the deo. They can’t justify to be that because red card goal wasn’t met I deserve a lower score . Self review mean what I did as a individual and how I help my work center get their metrics green. I can’t control the cashiers . But I do control the price change being pulled on time , and Plano transition pulled and set on time , opu picking on time sfs meeting the goal time , mirs and recalls done on time , , Manual pulls on time , lead in time for trailer and etc that’s what I do that’s where my score should reflect .
We’ve kind of been a revolving door of roles and leaders at all levels store level and beyond so, metrics ended up being relied on regardless of a well written and defended self review. With modernization, I busted my ass for that DIO, and I’m sure many others on here can relate. Being new in a role, or adapting to a new process, should make the DEO more difficult to attain.

5 deo’s as a TL? Why aren’t you an ETL? DEO demonstrates mastery and high scope, it’s not just about above and beyond.

We’ve kind of been a revolving door of roles and leaders at all levels store level and beyond so, metrics ended up being relied on regardless of a well written and defended self review. With modernization, I busted my ass for that DIO, and I’m sure many others on here can relate. Being new in a role, or adapting to a new process, should make the DEO more difficult to attain.

5 deo’s as a TL? Why aren’t you an ETL? DEO demonstrates mastery and high scope, it’s not just about above and beyond.
I never showed interest in it , I go to school for RN . However the Stl at my new store told me on my one on one meeting that I’m up for log if I want it. My log etl just left . I should say Gm etl no more log . I also want to be there for my kid , the schedule that I’m on and have been on is working out for work/school life balance

I never showed interest in it , I go to school for RN . However the Stl at my new store told me on my one on one meeting that I’m up for log if I want it. My log etl just left . I should say Gm etl no more log .
I’m guessing your pay is decently above TL base.

Smart to not go for ETL. It would likely end up effectively being a reduction in your hourly rate when you take into account working 50hr/wk so ten of those should be time and a half if you did them now 😝

GM ETL risky because they’ll be the first to get shit on if the process fails

I’m guessing your pay is decently above TL base.

Smart to not go for ETL. It would likely end up effectively being a reduction in your hourly rate when you take into account working 50hr/wk so ten of those should be time and a half if you did them now 😝

GM ETL risky because they’ll be the first to get shit on if the process fails
I do make above base , I also am a key carrier from the beginning . I use to be in charge of a offsite . Not many stores have those . I was in a AAA+ store 90mil+ . The store I’m out is a “baby” as for the process I’m getting everyone there . Right now I got them all to do manuals for few weeks now , and this past week I added purging one section a day when they pull their manuals.

DEOs are rare, and that’s by design. Only so many can be given because they represent the very top, the very best.

I don’t doubt that you worked every bit hard enough to be deserving of that score. Shit, I had some of the best comps in the district and I didn’t get a DEO. Oh well, it would be unrealistic to get it twice in a row.

But... It’s too late. The time to make your case and argue for it was before self reviews were due. Speaking from experience. You can only lobby for yourself or nudge the situation your way before your self review has been read or submitted.
I got a promotion at end of the year and still got a DIO 🤷🏽‍♂️ Apparently being good enough for a promotion isn’t good enough for DEO

ASANTS, but my store has always had limits for the top rating. In the entire time I was there only one TM in my workcenter got an Outstanding rating (the top rating at the time), and it only happened once.

I suspect that DEO rating is another Spot carrot...
As gstl I gave out 2 last year out of my 60 cashiers, gstm, GSAs and cart attendants. Only 2 of the 4 I submitted got approved and I was being conservative

Edit: last year as in the ones I delivered last year

I’ve always got deo , from my very first review as a team member to my 5th year of leadership. Including this year which I just transferred from a store with 21 TL in the building .
Same, except first review. I’ve gotten it 11 years in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back