@PackAndCry I could be wrong but as it was explanted to me it's rollover from other stores either in INF or over the store max volume, apparently that's a thing. So East Coast INFs move West as they go then any overflow from West coast gets thrown into the morning load of East coast stores. It's attempting to redistribute the load faster and changing the normal time distribution a store has historically seen orders drop.

I just know my store hasn't gotten any orders today and they're blaming it on that (we're in R100), we thought we were shut down because of a high INF rate yesterday but CSC is claiming we aren't. Strange.

I could be wrong but as it was explanted to me it's rollover from other stores either in INF or over the store max volume, apparently that's a thing. So East Coast INFs move West as they go then any overflow from West coast gets thrown into the morning load of East coast stores. It's attempting to redistribute the load faster and changing the normal time distribution a store has historically seen orders drop.
Would that mean orders delivered to California will be shipped from somewhere like Virginia? If it’s true, that seems even worse on delivery timing. I was told orders are sent to a store if the deliver address would be the same group or region (not sure which) of it’s actually closest store.

I just know my store hasn't gotten any orders today and they're blaming it on that (we're in R100), we thought we were shut down because of a high INF rate yesterday but CSC is claiming we aren't. Strange.
I’m from R200 and we’re getting a regular amount of orders we usually get. CSC prerecorded a message about the ‘low units for SFS’ before the options. It’s probably a hit or miss for stores getting units.

Would that mean orders delivered to California will be shipped from somewhere like Virginia? If it’s true, that seems even worse on delivery timing. I was told orders are sent to a store if the deliver address would be the same group or region (not sure which) of it’s actually closest store.
The way it was described to me was a literally a rollover. It may be based on surrounding districts but I was told time zones. Person in CA orders day one CA, store in CA INFs day one, order moves to NY day two and is front loaded in the batching process. Shipped from NY and received in CA in 3 days. If NY INFs it goes to Ohio, Montana, wherever is still picking pick today ship today. It sounds like a way to manage the stores that can't get down to Green for INF. Instead of sending it to 3 stores in CA over the course of 3 days they can send the INF or overage across the country. I'm assuming the theory is that if a area is slammed everyone in that area is behind and it will be faster to go to an area that is lower volume but farther distance.

So local injection is the first process and then this is the next one.

So for the stores in my group that have always been 100+% to forecast and now are hitting about 10%... is this just an adjustment phase to the new process or is their workload just shot now?

We've been about 150-200% the past two weeks, and when I compare my store to our district (or is it group??.. the smaller of the two) they are only working about 50-75%. I don't get it.

We've been at 30-35% at our store every week since around March. Red across the board. We were at 13-20% since January which was the best we have been at our store except those 2 times we were actually green these past 5 years

Our store is in a more and more horrendus state with each passing day
I’m honestly kind of surprised they haven’t cut you off yet. There was a store in my district that got shut off every few months because INFs were consistently above 30%. They would get shut off for a few days while I assume SFS tried to help catch up pushing truck or zoning, then they’d come back with INF in the teens and slowly creep back up.

I’m honestly kind of surprised they haven’t cut you off yet. There was a store in my district that got shut off every few months because INFs were consistently above 30%. They would get shut off for a few days while I assume SFS tried to help catch up pushing truck or zoning, then they’d come back with INF in the teens and slowly creep back up.

I am amazed we haven't been shut off with how bad our shit show is.. We have been over forecast for weeks on end..

You in a remodel?
Is the new pathing really glitchy for anyone else?
Really glitchy. It’ll take me to G30, G49 then G1, G4 etc. Another issue is me pulling BTS in our backroom seasonal aisle, taking me to BTS on the floor, then to BTS in the back. It would repeat this over and over and exiting and reentering the batch didn’t fix it.

I’m not in a remodel. We have some transitional locations and new addition of BTS seasonal locations but it shouldn’t be affecting other blocks.

Yes. Does all backroom locations first, like normal, but then picking from the salesfloor is all over the place. I think it's using the new pathing system that was communicated awhile back, but it's not really working... In theory it sounds great, but the reality is a little something different

You in a remodel?
Our remodel is finished.

It really likes trying to send me across a back wall (straight from B15 to C15 as if a wall wasn't blocking that, for example) and thinks that a ton of softlines is at the fitting room. It also seems to start me in a random place if I exit the batch and reenter.

I really liked the sound of the new system but it doesn't seem to have enough safeguards to prevent us from being ping-ponged around the sales floor. There's also not a way for us to account for the fact that our backroom door is not in the back center of the store, but is in market on the side of the store.

We were WAY under forecast today... had everything picked by 8am even though we were down a body (me, since I got pulled to cover a callout for a few hours) :eek:

...thinks that a ton of softlines is at the fitting room...

I really liked the sound of the new system but it doesn't seem to have enough safeguards to prevent us from being ping-ponged around the sales floor. There's also not a way for us to account for the fact that our backroom door is not in the back center of the store, but is in market on the side of the store.
You have locations at the fitting room? That sound like a smart idea on keep track of clothes at the fitting room.

I’m guessing the new system is the dynamic pathing @mobilelady mentioned beforehand. Would editing the salesfloor pathing on workbench remedy it a little bit?

You have locations at the fitting room? That sound like a smart idea on keep track of clothes at the fitting room.

I’m guessing the new system is the dynamic pathing @mobilelady mentioned beforehand. Would editing the salesfloor pathing on workbench remedy it a little bit?
No, we don't, but because it goes off Cartwheel scans, and lots of guests scan clothes in Cartwheel at the fitting room, it assumes that those clothes are located in the vicinity of the fitting room. It'll lead us to that corner (between Women's Plus and Men's) then give us a bunch of random RTW/Boys/Girls items that aren't anywhere close, and I suspect that's why.

First it sent me through backroom locations (it even went backwards through some of them, like going to aisle 24 first and then to 21 instead of the other way around), then it took me immediately to NOP locations instead of hardline locations. This new pathing system ain’t working as advertised. @mobilelady you may want to look into this.

I know I've posted this before but as there are an increased number of enhanced ship from stores coming online with web only content I'm going to repost (and possibly do it a few more times over the coming months).

When you download your stores INF report download this barcode generator font Free Barcode Font - Code 3 of 9 / Code 39 - $0.00 - http://www.free-barcode-font.com/ and sort by web only for the past month (longer if you want). You'll want to filter the list under data then sort by DPCI and if you're handy in Excel you can throw in a formula to only have one single sorted DPCI per cell. It's a reasonable way to update your web only stock through audit saying there are zero on the floor so that many of the on hands get updated. It will also work if you're working through the RFID reject report. It drastically cuts down on the time it takes from typing in the DPCI.

Last edited:
Really glitchy. It’ll take me to G30, G49 then G1, G4 etc. Another issue is me pulling BTS in our backroom seasonal aisle, taking me to BTS on the floor, then to BTS in the back. It would repeat this over and over and exiting and reentering the batch didn’t fix it.

Is this happening for every batch? The stores that have sent in incidents on pathing so far think that their pathing is off but when looking at the items mapped to their stores, it's actually looks fine. To know for sure, you'd have to send in an incident with the date, time, and a few items in your batch so the Neptune team can nail your batch down and map the items visually.

The issue with going from the BR to SF to BR is a defect. We see this happening when you pick a partial from the BR or do 'all items scanned' where it will then insert the SF location for that item immediately after you did that BR item rather than inserting that SF item into the path in the logical sequence. So when it does this, you go from BR to SF (then you pick that SF item) then back to the BR for another item. We've been discussing a fix for this with the new ePick platform that will be rolling to stores over the next couple of months.

First it sent me through backroom locations (it even went backwards through some of them, like going to aisle 24 first and then to 21 instead of the other way around), then it took me immediately to NOP locations instead of hardline locations. This new pathing system ain’t working as advertised. @mobilelady you may want to look into this.

Backroom pathing is unchanged with the pathing change that went out recently. If your backroom is wrong, then it shouldn't be something that's new. When you get to the SF, that's when you will see the changes. It may take you to NOP locations if that's the first item in your batch that's closest to the middle/back of your store (that's generally where it will start). We know that this starting point isn't perfect for every store, but we had to start somewhere and in the future plan to do more dynamic start locations for your path based on your device's location.

I was picking a batch today, starting out in the pharmacy backstock and then it took me out on the floor. The 2nd or 3rd item on the floor to pick was a box of bandaids. Of course, the sales floor was empty so I went into My Work and scanned the item barcode. There were 6 locations in the backroom, many of them open stock wacos. So back to the backroom I went, pulled 6 from one location and filled the floor. I then picked the one I needed. I have never had it take me to the floor first before the backroom. If it would only do that when I need one box of crayons...….

lol, I noticed the weird pathing the past couple days but I forgot to let anyone know before my 2 days off. oops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

^ never had it that bad. My salesfloor pathing is iffy, but your situation seems like an actual error in the system.

And for that one box of crayons, or markers, etc. I always backstock a hundred or so in an A or B waco for easy pulls for opu/ sfs. It really helps.

Back