Does UPS make Spot pay something for doing prepickups? Our STL acts like it's a massive deal when we ask for one.

Does UPS make Spot pay something for doing prepickups? Our STL acts like it's a massive deal when we ask for one.
It doesn’t cost extra to have pre-pickups. The STL doesn't want to deal with the holds, calling early enough, letting Spot know about it and basically the logistics of it.

The workload the past few weeks has been so heavy that I think the whole team has had enough. We only have 4 TMs, and every day the last week, at least 2 have called out each day, so some days we have no one in flex. We forecast each day about 350 units, but consistently do about 600. Plus about 70 OPU orders opening til 3 pm. I think everyone is going to quit at this point.

We keep having the workload snowball because it doesn't get done and we don't get any support. OPUs drop in like crazy all day so the Ship Today workload doesn't even get touched until 9:30 or 10:00 and doesn't get fully picked until at least 3:00 or 4:00, so obviously most of it doesn't go out on the UPS run, so the closer only has time to pack, and three or four carts get left overnight, so those end up being the only ones packed tomorrow, etc etc. We keep hoping we'll get shut down because our INFs are sky high so we have a day to catch up, but seems like that won't happen. And, of course, picking in BTS is a nightmare because we get stopped every 10 seconds so we just INF half of it because we can't dig through all the skids that are out on the floor because we have no room in the back. And since we only have 4 FFTMs, random people keep getting scheduled to help us so they don't know how to do it and don't get much done. I had a TM today who picked multiple Ship batches thinking it was OPU because it was under "Pickup/Pick Today". The new pathing has also been a nightmare for us because it constantly makes us bounce around the store for whatever reason, and it adds backroom tasks randomly in the middle of the batch.

So, yeah, it's been a mess lately and we're all sick of it.

[/rant]

I've been closing backroom all week and tonight was the first night I didn't come in to
w1sdWNk.gif
regarding the picks that still needed to be done at 3pm.

Nope. In fact, your local UPS Key Accounts Manager is likely willing to bend over backwards to do anything to help out a national account like Target.

If you’re getting a significant amount of orders daily (6+ pallets), you could probably convince them to drop a trailer and just swap it out every night. Assuming your store has enough docks.

I'm a hardlines TM, who is asked to do a flex shift every so often...including 10 days over the last 2 weeks. I'm just wondering what the reality is for locating NOP items. Style items I can see, because they are commonly in their respective brand areas in our store...Ava n Viv, Who What Wear...Universal Thread...etc...but finding a NOP/unlocated/online only hardlines item...really? a blender...a car seat...a candle holder...I know the store well being a hardlines TM, and I know I never/rarely actually see these items. When I'm asked to pick, I barely look for these, as I know it's a waste of time....there may be a tiny chance I may actually see it somewhere in the area it kind of fits in..like a candle holder in the candle aisle. Do most people actually check reshop, down our web only long hall backroom....vehicles in the back...

To whom it may concern: please bring back the function on the old PDAs of asking if you're sure you want to cancel for not pulling the required quantity!!
Ex. Prompted to pull 6 from the salesfloor. You press '2' then 'enter'. A message should appear like " you will be cancelling 4 out of the requested 6. Would you like to continue?" I have so many TMs who accidentally hit the wrong number, and I've done it too, and I think this should pop up, especially when there's no other salesfloor locations.

I'm a hardlines TM, who is asked to do a flex shift every so often...including 10 days over the last 2 weeks. I'm just wondering what the reality is for locating NOP items. Style items I can see, because they are commonly in their respective brand areas in our store...Ava n Viv, Who What Wear...Universal Thread...etc...but finding a NOP/unlocated/online only hardlines item...really? a blender...a car seat...a candle holder...I know the store well being a hardlines TM, and I know I never/rarely actually see these items. When I'm asked to pick, I barely look for these, as I know it's a waste of time....there may be a tiny chance I may actually see it somewhere in the area it kind of fits in..like a candle holder in the candle aisle. Do most people actually check reshop, down our web only long hall backroom....vehicles in the back...

NOP softlines is just standard for that part of the store, and as for hardlines items, I always check the corresponding area of the store. I typically do find these items over there, amazingly enough. The only real exceptions are new items for a transition that aren't set yet and are palletized up in the steel.

Check to see when it was received. A lot of times if a hardlines item is NOP it means it's something new that hasn't been tied to a location yet, and it's often on a pallet on the truck line or in the steel. If it's NOP and it was last received months ago, chances are I won't ever find it. Especially movies, those are the worst.

I had a blender that had locs in E55 and an NOP today when our usual small appliances area is around the D40s... due to remodel E55 is ALSO back to school stuff.... I'm afraid for when they start moving around hardlines :( Personally if something has no stock (that isn't an NOP item) on the floor or backroom I just INF it automatically

If you have web only merch and it's unlocated, it means that some dipshit either didn't backstock it right or put it out on the salesfloor.

After doing four 20+ item advanced orders today I'm gonna laugh when they all become return to stock next month.

Our ETL GE wanted 15 pallet spaces and told me to clear our boxes so she could have the six spaces I use for boxes, I laughed at her as did our ETL Log. Cause did you miss the pallets of freight EVERYWHERE since we are going down in flames and we can't actually finish a truck as you walked back here? I mean it only takes three hours to clear the line to set it for a truck..

I find it helpful to check the pog info. Does it have an upcoming set date? Check the backroom for transition merch. Does it have an old set date? Maybe a pog came untied somehow, so check the area of the salesfloor where it should be and see if you can at least find the untied section. Also check clearance sections.

My store didn’t have online-only merch, but from what I’ve heard it’s pretty much a lost cause if it isn’t backstocked.

If not pushed or set up properly, BTS can be a pain in the a** to deal with. We try to keep INF to a minimum, but Flex Fulfillment is very dependent on everyone doing their jobs properly. We got most of our BTS backstocked. It does not help when POGs and Saleplanners are currently being worked on in my store. Baby Hardlines and Toys are the projects. We're supposed to partner with LOD and Dept TLs to find missing items, but they aren't usually helpful when there is crap everywhere. Find what we can, and move on.

@PaRaD0xxR we check backstock tubs and endcaps. It depends on who's working and how recently the item came in. If your store rolls a lot then I generally use 4 days as the cutoff. Anything longer than that is an INF. Web only don't always come in the repacks they are supposed to or come at all so you need to use some common sense. The biggest offender is usually INT as web only come in green repacks and so does INT.

I'd love an anonymous "POG Not Set" button attached to some sort of "tied but not set" metric. It'd be great being able to snitch on the TLs for never actually setting their SPLs.

Occasionally we kill SPLs for clearance. When I do that I reduce all the sales floor quantities to 0 so they don't pull, but MOVE will still send you to the location.

To whom it may concern: please bring back the function on the old PDAs of asking if you're sure you want to cancel for not pulling the required quantity!!
Ex. Prompted to pull 6 from the salesfloor. You press '2' then 'enter'. A message should appear like " you will be cancelling 4 out of the requested 6. Would you like to continue?" I have so many TMs who accidentally hit the wrong number, and I've done it too, and I think this should pop up, especially when there's no other salesfloor locations.
Hey @mobilelady :)

Has anyone else noticed that mygo reverted to the iOS version of no longer swiping to complete order? You just tap yes.

Just added this to our backlog. I like it.
Hey @mobilelady if you get a chance would you also be able to look into TMs not getting get for guest notifications at all? Now when we hit get for guest in mygo at the GS desk, we have to radio back to the backroom and tell them the location and name of the order. They should be getting that info already somehow, right?

Hey @mobilelady if you get a chance would you also be able to look into TMs not getting get for guest notifications at all? Now when we hit get for guest in mygo at the GS desk, we have to radio back to the backroom and tell them the location and name of the order. They should be getting that info already somehow, right?
I think it might be the app version of MyGO. If you have the ‘tap to process payment’ version, we don’t get a notification but if you have the ‘slide/swipe to process payment’ version we usually get the notification.
When they say they tap ‘Get for Guest’ it doesn’t alert us but when I tap it after I get the guest name, it gives us the alert and I seem to always have the ‘slide/swipe to process payment’

Back