Placed an order in August. Nothing. Same in September, October and November. Ran out of air pillows and 439 boxes. Tried borrowing air pillows from neighboring stores, but they couldn't spare any. After being out for a week, finally got 14 boxes of air pillows. Placed order next day for 12 more. We will see. Think it must be a global issue. We were also told we were going to receive a bunch of supplies to make sure we were fully stocked for 4th quarter. Haven't seen one thing. How do they expect us to do our job properly if they can not fulfill our supply orders?
We were told to my support it ... already done ...
we need supplies ... that’s not too much to ask

Sadly I did FF today and was so devastated out of the 18 orders I pulled, 6 of them had missed the goal ONLY because my TL told me to keep looking for a certain item that was neither on the sales floor nor the backroom he was like oh just keep looking around maybe it’s on a 3tier or u boat ready to push. Next thing you know that the alert goes off that we missed the goal and he walkies me saying hey we missed the goal!! No shit Sherlock setting my ass up for failure -_-

Quick question for everybody who has finished the sfs refresh.
Are these for the small prep bags on a roll?
We got three of these and 3 bigger ones but no rolls of prep bags at first i thought they were for the caution labels but that didnt work out. View attachment 6600View attachment 6601
Those are for the prep station. There is suppose to be one small prep bag roll and one large prep bag roll at each prep station. The caution tape went on a roll on the pack table, on the first lower shelf.

Why are the prep/pack station magnets SO BAD? They don't stick and just fall off. Half of ours are already missing. It also feels super condescending that they labeled things like "Tape Dispenser". Do we need to label the floor and walls too? It feels like the episode of King of the Hill where Hank starts smoking again and uses a label maker on everything at his desk.

Why are the prep/pack station magnets SO BAD? They don't stick and just fall off. Half of ours are already missing. It also feels super condescending that they labeled things like "Tape Dispenser". Do we need to label the floor and walls too? It feels like the episode of King of the Hill where Hank starts smoking again and uses a label maker on everything at his desk.
Don’t forget zip tie label ... or bubble wrap ...

Scheduled 8.5/9hr flex for the entire week of cyber Monday :oops: let’s get this bread?

We don't even bother with them; they're more trouble than they're worth. The plastic tape dispenser sits on a plastic table. Where is the magnet even supposed to go (if it would stick to anything, which it doesn't)?

On the metal above where the weird-ass tape dispenser with a lever goes.

I didn't want to put them up, but my ETL-Log was a dick about it.

Is anyone else using the Hexcel wrap instead of bubble wrap? We've had it for a couple of months but didn't use it because seriously, there's no way in hell it's going to cushion anything. Now we have to use it exclusively - no bubble wrap.
Per protocol, our instructions were, "Here, use this. You pull it off the roll, and then tear it. The End."
So tonight out of curiosity (at home, on my own time) I googled it and found a YouTube video that shows EXACTLY HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE USED. And yeah, it might possibly work. I seriously want to go in tomorrow on my day off to show the other TMs so we can start using it properly ASAP and avoid at least one day of guest feedback about how all their picture frames arrived in pieces because they were wrapped in this crap paper.

I just don't get the purpose. It was quicker just using the old ones. Were we using too much tape or something? (Like how the boxes have the wrong tape length on the bottom. 18 is NOT enough for a 413.)

I just don't get the purpose. It was quicker just using the old ones. Were we using too much tape or something? (Like how the boxes have the wrong tape length on the bottom. 18 is NOT enough for a 413.)
We have a chart that shows tape length for each box, and it's 21 for a 413. I was never even told about the numbers on the boxes, just to follow the chart. I use my judgment when it comes to box size and tape length. You want to know how many items of clothing I've had that were SIOC?

The number on the bottom is supposed to be the tape length, it used to match the chart. But then someone decided we were using too much tape, so they changed to 18 for 413, 21 for 439, and 24 for 454, none of which keep the box closed.

I figured that out eventually and continued to ignore it. They can dock me for the additional 3 cents worth of tape I'm using to actually keep the box sealed and the product intact and the guest happy.

We are not getting our supplies , nothing in the past 3 weeks ( 1 measly pallet ) .. the orders are put in every week , but nothing .. we are running low on bubble wraps .. we were told to go to other stores and get some ... etl didn’t ..
Placed an order in August. Nothing. Same in September, October and November. Ran out of air pillows and 439 boxes. Tried borrowing air pillows from neighboring stores, but they couldn't spare any. After being out for a week, finally got 14 boxes of air pillows. Placed order next day for 12 more. We will see. Think it must be a global issue. We were also told we were going to receive a bunch of supplies to make sure we were fully stocked for 4th quarter. Haven't seen one thing. How do they expect us to do our job properly if they can not fulfill our supply orders?

All my orders have gotten to the store in 3 or 4 days.

Weird cause that problem we are not having.. I wonder if your tape is wet enough.. I find it pops if you over stuff the box, your tape is dry, you didn't actually line it up evenly.. I find 18 is way more than enough for a 413..

On the printer display, it say ZPL* or ZPL. To change settings from ZPL* to ZPL, menu button bottom left, then settings, select ZPL & that should fix it. Printer will restart after that.

So, if there's an asterisk, that's bad? I want just ZPL without the asterisk, correct?

I'll give that a try next time in at work. I do believe it was ZPL* when I was having issues.

Thanks!

Yesterday, I had zero issues printing OPU order labels. Today, it's failed Everytime. Rebooted Zebra. Rebooted Printer. No go. Anyone have a solution?

Try popping open the lid and make sure nothing got stuck or jammed in the printer head (just yesterday I discovered a small piece of a label that got stuck in one of our printers which prevented it from working properly). Then, try calibrating the label by clicking "OK" on the main menu (which will take you to the "Media" menu), then "More", then "Calibrate Media." Sometimes the printers refuse to print if the labels aren't aligned.

Back