Ok folks - I'm looking for ideas for improvements to ePick in 2019. Bonus points if they pertain to being more efficient in picking or they reduce INF.

One cool feature would be to see in epick , the last received day / audit/ on hand of an item without having to type the dpci Into work ..
Also , if we could see how large an order is before we start picking it and scanning in the child location of a cart . So if I have one dvd , I can scan it on the top .if I have 1 dvd and 3 packs of diapers , scan it on bottom .

Ok folks - I'm looking for ideas for improvements to ePick in 2019. Bonus points if they pertain to being more efficient in picking or they reduce INF.
Having a link to open an item in myWork would boost efficiency a lot. Right now we have to toggle back and forth and try to type in the DPCI, and it's worse now that myWork 2.0 loses what you were typing if you switch apps. We have to use it a lot to check the last auto pull date (to see if it might be in a pull cart somewhere), the received date, the on hands, etc.

Letting you undo an INF before the end of the batch (like myFA used to, where it'd show you all the INF items again) would also reduce INF, it's crazy how often we try to find an item, can't find it, give up and INF it, then a salesfloor TM tell us "oh, I found that item you needed!" like 5min later.

One cool feature would be to see in epick , the last received day / audit/ on hand of an item without having to type the dpci Into work ..
Also , if we could see how large an order is before we start picking it and scanning in the child location of a cart . So if I have one dvd , I can scan it on the top .if I have 1 dvd and 3 packs of diapers , scan it on bottom .
I agree with all of this. It is so time consuming to toggle back and forth. Seeing what’s in the pick beforehand is so helpful. I know people abused this in the past but letting you skip location would be so helpful for when you simply can’t get to it. I’m short and have trouble getting things sometimes from the top of the back room shelves and there isn’t always someone around who can help.

PLEASE: RTS online only items: prompt us to print a rewrap sticker!!!!! We have no way of knowing it needs one right now. Bonus points for fixing rewrap stickers on mywork 2 :)

Last edited:
Another little thing , if asked for 3 of something , but I only found 1 in the right place , let me scan 1 , without INF the last 2 ... I might come upon it later on in my batch ...
also , let us skip task without going back to the first one we skipped ..
I like to know what I am supposed to pick beforehand ... and might know a quicker way to pick it !
Especially if I already picked an item that I found in a random cart in the backroom for another batch !
A review of INF items before we close the batch would be great too ..
Being able to add an inf item into a closed batch ( but that might be stretching it .. but we can INF an item while packing so ??? ... just a thought )

Having a link to open an item in myWork would boost efficiency a lot. Right now we have to toggle back and forth and try to type in the DPCI, and it's worse now that myWork 2.0 loses what you were typing if you switch apps. We have to use it a lot to check the last auto pull date (to see if it might be in a pull cart somewhere), the received date, the on hands, etc.

Letting you undo an INF before the end of the batch (like myFA used to, where it'd show you all the INF items again) would also reduce INF, it's crazy how often we try to find an item, can't find it, give up and INF it, then a salesfloor TM tell us "oh, I found that item you needed!" like 5min later.

What specific page in myWork would you want this to land on? The main page after scanning an item or the item details page? I'm thinking we would land you on the main page and you could tap on the item description to see add'l info if you wanted.

Question about the new sort :
We have a Tm that’s starts next day workload after ups picks up the pallets .
She then creates a pallet after she preps/ pack/ sort ...
But then the sort pallet is “red” all day ( the next day) instead of green .. are we doing something wrong ? Should we create a pallet at night ?

I miss the way OPU was on the PDA where I got to choose individual orders to complete. It sucks having to potentially miss time because you can't find an item, or now with the 30 minute goal that third order can drop at 15 minutes after the first two and you gotta rush to do all three.

The last part is mostly due to being the only BR closer at an ULV. I can't always hop right into OPU if I'm grabbing stuff for guests or other BR things I'm in the middle of.

What specific page in myWork would you want this to land on? The main page after scanning an item or the item details page? I'm thinking we would land you on the main page and you could tap on the item description to see add'l info if you wanted.
They both have their uses (the main page for checking for second locations, the backroom page for everything else) but dropping you into the main page would probably be less confusing. It's only one tap anyway, so it's not a huge deal.

picks: bring back location overview and let us directly select the next item within the overview. this is mainly due to wacky pathing and it's something we fight with every day. our store is huge and we have 5 unique backroom locations.. plz.

picks: providing a shortcut to mywork directly on the epick screen (like the rfid shortcut) this will cut time down on needing to type in dpci to help identify items that are not on the floor.

picks: considering providing on-hand count directly on pick screen.

picks: allow us to type in backroom locations, mainly due to damaged or unscannable backroom labels.

picks: consider forcing to scan each multiple single item, instead of typing in the qty picked. mainly due to entering a wrong qty. there has been several times where i fat fingered wrong qty or accidently hit enter since it is pre-populated.

OPU: allow us to relocate item waco. we used to be able to do this with PDA.

OPU: timer countdown on screen for current OPU batch. this is even more important now with the new 30 minute pick time.

effciency: current time on overview in-progress and paused carts. help identify TMs pick speed without having to use MPM/reports.

efficiency: allow us to identify TM names on in-progress carts, last picker on a paused cart, and to see who picked cart/item on p&s 2.0. this is mainly to keep our team running efficiently as possible. we have a large fulfillment team and 8 pack stations, our workload was ~1350 before SFS remodel.

efficiency: give us all myFA functions from the pda on zebra.

Anyone have a part number for small prep bags on a roll? They should be under the prep station next to the large ones right? But we never got any.

Anyone have a part number for small prep bags on a roll? They should be under the prep station next to the large ones right? But we never got any.

Under prep station is esim bags for chem.... Last I checked I didn't see rolls of prep bags yet still only cases.

I'd love to see a breakdown of items per order when picking. Similar to OPU orders.
I.e., Smith (1 of 10) SHP PA01 - I think it'll help organize the cart better while picking.

@mobilelady

I would love that INF double check, cause yeah that happens a lot, where you search and search and you give up cause you need to move on, then you turn around looking for something else and there is the item you just INF'd.. :mad:

"Please confirm these INF'd items before closing the batch?" And best if they are now no longer tied to a location, as in you could pull it from anywhere. More of a "yes/no" have it or don't have it. I know we could save some orders that way.

@hufflepuff order the smaller ESIM bags, they are just a bit taller than the logo'd ones SFS uses and they come on a roll.. Your GSTL can probably help you get a part number for them..

Hey guys what happens when you have lots to do and totally forgot about your other tms progress and missed lots of goals my TL are never here me & this other tm share captain duties usually the other tm does everything and im just an assistant but now that im by myself I got owned with lots of tms that doesn't communicate efficiently. I'm definitely set up to fail usually im alright with being with the team and stuff just like in grocery but I kinda lost alot of my give a fuck attitude before when modernization happen and I got assigned an area.

SFS.PB1 and SFS.PB2 are the prep bags on a roll. Been ordering them for a month but have only ever actually received the bigger size

Do they actually show up as roll on sap for you? For me they show up as case so I haven't ordered them yet.

Back