I can't say that for certain. It's technically up to the app team. I recently heard that these mobile printers were chosen because of the multiple modes.
I can say however, that I am working on a product with some other people to provide an API for app teams to use so that when you scan a printer in an app, it should automatically reconfigure the printer for that app, so that you the store TM doesn't need to know exactly what modes are needed for which apps.
That would work too. It’s just frustrating at GS. we can’t print rewraps from mywork anymore without rebooting it into ZPL* and waiting for it to open, printing the one label, then resetting it back to EZPrint and waiting for it again. It shouldn’t take 10 minutes to print one label, yet it now does.

On the main screen it says something like

Drive up 4 (4)
Online pick up 3 (5)

Some indication which of these is closer to goal time, or which was created first, please?
This! I would prefer it to separate orders instead of grouping them together.

It's similar-ish to Current Self Checkout. I believe it's scheduled for Q1
I'm just curious how our end will look though. Like what will sort stuff look like kinda thing. It would be SICK if we could run Zebra apps like mygo and price match on it

I love current SCO but I remember when it was rolled out it was missing a ton of features. I just hope this rollout isn't have half baked.

Anyone know about these sfs shirts? Are they available to order on SAP?

Yes they are. I believe I searched sfs shirt or run and done. They sent us a bunch of s-xl so I had to order some bigger shirts

@mobilelady
It would be great to have an app function somewhere to scan a package and immediately pull up who packed/prepped it. This will allow us to address poor packing immediately, rather than wait for guest complaints. Really tired of not being able to figure out who isnt using air pillows.

Guessing newbie or lazy.. Our newbie kids don't get it, "Why amazon doesn't do it that way?" As calmly as I could explain, as I took his finished box and threw it across the rollers to the dock door, it hit the dock door and landed on the on concrete.. "That is what UPS/FED-Ex will do to the box, use the pillows so that what is in it will not break when it gets thrown. Point made?" Yes ma'am point made.. "Amazon picks and packs, but its UPS/FED-Ex and USPS you worry about."

I also will pull out boxes out of the pallets as we rearrange things and have them opened and fixed if I catch it.. Cause I shake boxes as I move them around to get more boxes on the pallets.. Bitchy move but it catches some stuff.

@mobilelady
It would be great to have an app function somewhere to scan a package and immediately pull up who packed/prepped it. This will allow us to address poor packing immediately, rather than wait for guest complaints. Really tired of not being able to figure out who isnt using air pillows.
You could check if you still have a pda . If you do myfa order inquiry and type either dpci or Order no

Guessing newbie or lazy.. Our newbie kids don't get it, "Why amazon doesn't do it that way?.

I caught one of this year's newbies trying to ship a few of the folded storage cubes out as a ship alone in a prep bag.. collate stuck right on the clear prep bag. Tells me "even as a customer I'd feel like this is a waste of a box"

Last edited:
I caught one of this year's newbies trying to ship a few of the folded storage cubes out as a ship alone in a prep bag.. collate stuck right on the clear prep bag. Tells me "even as a customer I'd feel like this is a waste of a box"

My favorite was a wood bench with a fabric pad, we had to build a box for it, nope the jackass stuck the collate on the bottom and sent it.. UPS driver refused it. Thank god.. Didn't even bubble wrap it or anything, would have been destroyed if it had gone out like that. We ended up in the office with HR over that one cause I had some very unkind words for who did that and he wanted an apology. He is still waiting for it and he no longer works SFS..

Weird cause that problem we are not having.. I wonder if your tape is wet enough.. I find it pops if you over stuff the box, your tape is dry, you didn't actually line it up evenly.. I find 18 is way more than enough for a 413..
If I'm feeling particularly neurotic... I'll use 19 for a 413.

Do any of you prep items the correct way? Using the prep button and scanning each prep, fragile or liquid item. Or do you just tap the prep complete button?

Our refresh just finished and a lot of TMs just used Prep Complete. So they ended up walking back and forward from the pack station to the prep table to finish packing. Such a waste of time.

I use it correctly, but I also often accidentally hit "prep complete" too early.

Does exiting and re-entering a batch boost the units per hour picked number? Versus staying in it during an interruption?

We were doing it correctly but not enough zebras right now means prepping without scanning

My favorite was a wood bench with a fabric pad, we had to build a box for it, nope the jackass stuck the collate on the bottom and sent it.. UPS driver refused it. Thank god.. Didn't even bubble wrap it or anything, would have been destroyed if it had gone out like that. We ended up in the office with HR over that one cause I had some very unkind words for who did that and he wanted an apology. He is still waiting for it and he no longer works SFS..
We had a newbie try and slap a label on a pillow since it said SIOC and they thought that's how your pillow arrives.

These are great! Keep em coming.

Back