It still says I have 2 that need to be sorted by close...but epick shows "standard" and sort by tomorrow. So...um, what? When I came in it showed today, sort by today greyed out, and tomorrow. What the hell is the sort by stuff and why is it different?

It still says I have 2 that need to be sorted by close...but epick shows "standard" and sort by tomorrow. So...um, what? When I came in it showed today, sort by today greyed out, and tomorrow. What the hell is the sort by stuff and why is it different?
So my understanding of it is that they want us continuously picking and packing everything, so they’ve taken away the option to sort orders by dates. So it’s going to batch orders as they’re due, but as you get closer to that magic zero for [Today’s Date Here] sort by [Time] the more likely you are to get orders for tomorrow mixed in as well.

So like earlier before I batched something, it would have looked like this:

Standard 40(60)
_________
10/16 sort by 12(32)
10/17 sort by 28(28)

Starting a batch would have potentially looked like:
Standard 25(25)
_________
10/17 sort by 25(25)
In Progress - 15(35)

If that makes sense

We were “at risk” for the picks today at one point which even showed the ones for tomorrow in red so everyone was confused and wasn’t 100% certain what the hell was going on with it.

Yep we're back to the old "due tomorrow do today" crap again. Technically we need to finish today's workload AND whatever drops in today for tomorrow by end of day. Being the only store in the district that has green sort on time and carrier pickup % everyday isn't enough I guess...

Yep we're back to the old "due tomorrow do today" crap again. Technically we need to finish today's workload AND whatever drops in today for tomorrow by end of day. Being the only store in the district that has green sort on time and carrier pickup % everyday isn't enough I guess...

Tell that to our closing TL who always steals our closer for hardlines and cleanup work 😄

I was off yesterday, so I am trying to understand this new change. Do we also need to sort tomorrow's orders by 430 or do we have until the time the last person is scheduled (like store close)? Or is the 430 time gone and all orders dropping in today (whether for today or tomorrow) have to be done by store close?

I was off yesterday, so I am trying to understand this new change. Do we also need to sort tomorrow's orders by 430 or do we have until the time the last person is scheduled (like store close)? Or is the 430 time gone and all orders dropping in today (whether for today or tomorrow) have to be done by store close?
4:30s need to be sorted by 4:30. Anything after that is due by store close.

4:30s need to be sorted by 4:30. Anything after that is due by store close.

So if it shows in the picks example 201 due 10/18/19 4:30pm and 120 due 10/19/19 4:30pm those are due to be sorted on those days or on the day they show up in the system? Sorry its a dumb question but I want to be sure lol.

So if it shows in the picks example 201 due 10/18/19 4:30pm and 120 due 10/19/19 4:30pm those are due to be sorted on those days or on the day they show up in the system? Sorry its a dumb question but I want to be sure lol.
Those packages are due to be sorted by those time but let’s say you’re picking and you have 2 items left for today and 140 for tomorrow when you go to pick those 2 items it’s going to batch you more than the 2 items you need for today and force you to start picking tomorrow’s work. Just to be safe I always pack and sort the extras that get picked for tomorrow because I’m honestly not sure once they’re picked when you’re due because in pack and ship 2.0 I’ve seen them say due to sort today even though when I picked them they were for tomorrow. I always try to pack and sort everything I pick before I leave just to be safe. If you’re picking strictly a batch that was due tomorrow you should be fine to just pick and not pack but if there was a single item in that batch for today I pack the whole batch

Not sure if you know but when you click on the big box that says "sort" up top - not the one below in blue(does that make sense i dont have a pic) it will list all orders that need sorted and the ones in black are for the next day. If you just want to check to make sure you have them all.

Last edited:
Yep, it's real great when its 3:30 and you're still picking for the day because you've got too many orders for one person (who, while not super-fast, isn't an inch worm, either, but this store wants us to be super-powered so you're screwed) and a TL who doesn't help you until it's crunch time, and you go to pick the last 15 items for today, but it adds a bunch of tomorrow's orders and makes it a 35-item batch where you don't know what's due today and can't finish by 4:30 because of OPUs taking you away from said cart. 😖

Question, lets say I'm the closing flex TM. If I do someone else paused carts which is likely other TM INF items and I have to start packing. If I INF their cart, does that affect my score too?

If case anyone still thinks guest advocates own OPU picking. “What will stay the same: fulfillment TMs will own SFS and OPU/DU picking during peak volume”

In case you interpret that wrong, that means during peak volume that only fulfillment should own picking and to not take from GM or S&E.

Attachments

• 4073494E-1DB4-4389-91AF-15DAF1689F17.jpeg
    4073494E-1DB4-4389-91AF-15DAF1689F17.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 83
If case anyone still thinks guest advocates own OPU picking. “What will stay the same: fulfillment TMs will own SFS and OPU/DU picking during peak volume”

In case you interpret that wrong, that means during peak volume that only fulfillment should own picking and to not take from GM or S&E.
I can wear black?! Thats cool.

Back