Cancel, items doesn’t fit in container. Frankenstein boxes don’t fix the issue.
This. We keep getting orders for shovels but I'm not making custom boxes for them. Cancel and say they don't fit in container. Maybe eventually they'll get figure out these things dont fit in our boxes.

Also, does as anyone know if we can print a layout of the store, possibly with the backrooms? I'm training a new TM and I would like to give him a map when he starts picking on his own until he gets locations down.

Also, does as anyone know if we can print a layout of the store, possibly with the backrooms? I'm training a new TM and I would like to give him a map when he starts picking on his own until he gets locations down.
One of my leads drew up a map for me. I had already been at it a few days so it wasn't necessary but I appreciated the thought, time, and effort. I passed it on to the next new person.

I think he will pick it up quick, lol. I was thinking more for the letters for softlines (sometimes it says M, sometimes kids performance, etc...) and where the alcove is, etc... He was only with me for one night so far and we just did OPU so I'm just thinking ahead. They made me pacesetter, but from the way my TL described it I would be him when he's not there. I want to be a good leader :)

I think he will pick it up quick, lol. I was thinking more for the letters for softlines (sometimes it says M, sometimes kids performance, etc...) and where the alcove is, etc... He was only with me for one night so far and we just did OPU so I'm just thinking ahead. They made me pacesetter, but from the way my TL described it I would be him when he's not there. I want to be a good leader :)

The letters for softlines should be easy to pick up. They just go in alphabetical order from one section to the next. People always think it's complicated, but it's not. Style is also mapped in the epick app.

Pretty sure once you get over 60ish eaches pulled your metrics drop off the list in MPM. I haven't reset carts for a few days and it seems to always disappear between 50-70.

Pretty sure once you get over 60ish eaches pulled your metrics drop off the list in MPM. I haven't reset carts for a few days and it seems to always disappear between 50-70.

That's pretty much what I concluded after the last few days testing. I'm still trying to figure out why Greenfield shows my total hours spent picking is always an hour or two more than the time I'm on the clock and thus hurting my pick productivity metric though.

So, do all stores have to go through the TL or ETL before INFing something? Since I’ve started it’s always been do your best to find it, ask people in the area for help, but if it takes you more than 10 minutes, INF and move on. I always look thoroughly for anything I can’t find, but if something is not in the spots it should be, I INF it and I was told a few months ago I have one of the lowest INF % on our team. Today I found was told that the TL has to be told and then they will look for it. So I had probably 10 things that I couldn’t find and the TL spent a ton of time looking and I still had to INF them. I get that we want to fill as many orders as possible, but this is going to slow down productivity immensely. I was told TMs aren’t allowed to INF anything on their own and still have to hit time goals. If the store/back room is a mess, and there are literally 100s of repack boxes out back, I don’t see how they can have it both ways.

So, do all stores have to go through the TL or ETL before INFing something? Since I’ve started it’s always been do your best to find it, ask people in the area for help, but if it takes you more than 10 minutes, INF and move on. I always look thoroughly for anything I can’t find, but if something is not in the spots it should be, I INF it and I was told a few months ago I have one of the lowest INF % on our team. Today I found was told that the TL has to be told and then they will look for it. So I had probably 10 things that I couldn’t find and the TL spent a ton of time looking and I still had to INF them. I get that we want to fill as many orders as possible, but this is going to slow down productivity immensely. I was told TMs aren’t allowed to INF anything on their own and still have to hit time goals. If the store/back room is a mess, and there are literally 100s of repack boxes out back, I don’t see how they can have it both ways.

My TL look and find things I can't find? Ok sure.. His INF was over %35 the last time he picked for an entire day..

That’s what I have my team do. I typically find half the things they claim are INF. They’ll continue picking/packing and I’ll go find the item in some repack not worked yet outback or someone didn’t backstock something. Keeps their productivity higher and INFs lower

My seasonals run their INFs by me or our TL, but I've been around and done Ship longer than any of our leadership so I don't have to clear it. Last year Q4 everyone had to clear with a leader, and it went to shit because none of them had the time (or wanted to take the time, rather) to search for dozens of carts' INFs.

So, very ASANTS situation.

Some days INF are between 9 and 11% ... most days we are green...
We find a lot of mispicks backstocked ... I simply want to scream when you have a huge box with a label for 48 packs of crayons and it is actually 2 scooters ...
Or tiny box with a label for a microwave ... I need some common sense ! Or even better , open the box...

That's the rule at my store, except for me. I don't have to ask because they know I'll look everywhere reasonable goal time permitting. Of course, TLs don't really have the time to deal with following the rule so they let it slide. I'm meeting with ETL-GM and SD in a couple of days to discuss Q4 (little late!) and whether we should be strict about that rule is one of the things they want to discuss. I'm thinking we should be as TMs are INFing shit we have. On the other hand, I'm thinking no because if I average things out we currently have about 2 minutes to deal with each OPU item from starting picking to batch complete and during peak times there is less time than that (more time during off peak onviously). So, there really isn't time to be checking with leads for each potential INF because leads have a lot of other shit to deal with.

That's the way it's supposed to be, and how i train all new flex TMs, but I don't actually follow that rule, and I think its the same for my fellow TMs.

My opener texted me that OPU is slammed with people ordering candy. Which wouldn't be an issue except Plano reset half of seasonal and condensed all the candy. Plus they flexed it into market and front end as well. The SD was trying to find people to help while he went to lunch. Maybe now they will admit Flex needs more people 🙄 I doubt it, we will get yelled at for going red.

Back