Anyone else's printer constantly jamming? Ours does like every three collates it's very annoying have to constantly clear it. It's already our second printer since the first got replaced And we have only had this for around 3 months.

No, but it only takes paper from one of the trays and when that tray runs out, it says it's jammed and makes a weird noise. But it works again as soon as you load it with paper.

I have some questions regarding Not Founding items, and how serious some of the leadership seem to take it. My store has been doing SFS for almost 2 years, and I've always been the main FF TM / person unofficially in charge of it. The Log-ETL wanted me to keep a list of all the INFs, which I did. Nobody did anything with the list. At the end of January after the first Christmas the INF% got horrendously low. Like, 52% low. That's when I decided to start zeroing out the items (within reason). It worked great. After about 2 months of that, our fulfillment percentage was over 90%, and we've only gone below that about 2 or 3 times.

Fast forward to now. Last year our YTD fulfillment metric was 93%. This year we're trending at 95% so far. But most of the SrTLs and GSTLs are having none of it. They always tell me "If the item has counts then we have it in stock!" which I consider the biggest lie anyone at Target has ever told me. When I zero out things on the list, I also mark down the on-hands, as well as number of days ago we received and sold the item. The on-hands are usually 1, 2, or the same number of items that come in a casepack. For 1s and 2s, the item could have been stolen, misplaced (I found a shirt a week later behind a cereal box in market once), or simply not there. For items with 6 or 12 on-hands, it's likely a mispick. For days last sold, if an item hasn't been received or sold for over 200 days, I feel no guilt in zeroing it out.

But this brings up my problem. I get in so much trouble every time I have to hit Item Not Found. Sometimes I'll just get a coaching. Once I got written up. The GSTLs expect the fulfillment score to be over 99%. The other day I couldn't find a pair of shoes, so I looked it up on a myDevice. On-hands: -1. Days last sold: 0. A SrTL still told me we had it and I needed to look more. About a month ago the VM TL recommended to HR that I get transferred to a regular backroom position because I can't handle SFS. So the next day I get called into the HR office to talk about my job performance. I brought up the report and pointed out how we were at 95% for the year, and for fun opened the market rollup report and pointed out that we had the highest percentage in our group, as well as being in the top 10 for the region. Either Target has goals in the stratosphere, or the SrTLs have a vendetta. I've looked at the weekly report and there is no discernible difference between team members who work SFS in terms of not finding things, and none of them get talked to. Granted, they aren't the ones unofficially in charge back there.

So my question is what's the best thing to do when I can't find the item / item isn't there? If it's not in location, or anywhere nearby, or on a nearby endcap, or in an abandon cart at the service desk, is there really anything I can realistically do to find it? And if not, why should I risk losing my position? I really doubt anyone else could find what clearly isn't there.

Well first off you weren't doing anything wrong when you zeroed out items.... everytime you hit item not found the item drops into the RIGS and the item gets researched the next day (only if item has a location on the salesfloor)

Now when it comes to RFID items that you cant find, you should use the ZEBRA to locate the item the ETLs at my store made us do that during 4th quarter.....

The Fill Rate report i feel like isnt 100% accurate because i hit INF on like 7 items and when i checked the report it only had 3 (and i made sure the report was updated)..... i feel like it only lists items if you cancel the whole order itself.... so if a guest orders a can of food and a blanket.... and u only find the can it wont list the blanket cause you filled half the order......

Well first off you weren't doing anything wrong when you zeroed out items.... everytime you hit item not found the item drops into the RIGS and the item gets researched the next day (only if item has a location on the salesfloor)

Now when it comes to RFID items that you cant find, you should use the ZEBRA to locate the item the ETLs at my store made us do that during 4th quarter.....

The Fill Rate report i feel like isnt 100% accurate because i hit INF on like 7 items and when i checked the report it only had 3 (and i made sure the report was updated)..... i feel like it only lists items if you cancel the whole order itself.... so if a guest orders a can of food and a blanket.... and u only find the can it wont list the blanket cause you filled half the order......
Nobody has ever told me not to zero out items, they claim I shouldn't have to hit not found in the first place. I've also noticed that the official report doesn't match up with my list. Luckily, Targets is always better. Your theory seems plausible. I just don't think it's worth having to sign a paper on days with as little as 2 items we didn't have.

@SurefireWolf It sounds like they just have incredibly unreasonable expectations. I've heard they will be raising the requirement to be green for fulfillment, so there is a lot of pressure to get it high right now.

What you need to do is bring in a TL or the LOD or someone when you can't find an item and ask them to look for it or suggest where to look. That way when you have the INF, you can deflect to that person and say they told me to cancel it. It's absolutely not fair for them to somehow know for sure that the item is still in the store, but then not share their psychic info about where specifically the item can be found. Ask to sit down with whoever you think will be reasonable, and develop a plan that's more than just telling you to do a better job.

I'm in a similar position as you, having been the main FFTM since we got SFS almost three years ago. I got my coworkers on board with using the RFID scanner and zeroing out items after the order was cancelled, which has helped us keep fulfillment in the mid 90 percent range YTD. My ETL-Log has also been putting pressure on us to cut down on INFs, but what we did is started seeking LOD approval for every single one. It annoys everyone involved and almost never results in finding the item, but it speaks to how well we are doing and how little room there is for improvement from FFTMs. It has made everyone involved more aware that the only thing we can do to improve the score even more is to make sure everyone else is doing their jobs to perfection (Instocks, AP, Sales Floor, etc.).

Are you talking about the "live" report on myperformance? That one is usually garbage, but the weekly report seems to be accurate.

@SurefireWolf

Are you talking about the "live" report on myperformance? That one is usually garbage, but the weekly report seems to be accurate.
Yeah the one in myperformance ... and it is garbage.... it has a column for web only items but doesnt label web only items.... counts them as regular store items

INFs definitely drop into my RIGs the next day. Maybe not all of them, but they do.
It might just be a coincidence of those items having OHs without selling for a while or whatever the RIGs qualifiers are because I really don't see that with mine. It also might be that my store researches near every INF as they occur though.

For whatever reason, only some INFs drop into the RIGs, but I haven't figured out a pattern yet. For example, a couple towels that I couldn't find the day before dropped into the RIGs, but a painful INF of 30+ boxes of fruit snacks didn't.

I heard it already/only went up for SPU. Have you heard if it will affect SFS?
That's what my STL and ETL-Log have been saying, although they often lump them both together and think that the myperformance metrics reflect both SFS and SPU.

It might just be a coincidence of those items having OHs without selling for a while or whatever the RIGs qualifiers are because I really don't see that with mine. It also might be that my store researches near every INF as they occur though.
I've seen it happen way too often for it to be just a coincidence.

They always tell me "If the item has counts then we have it in stock!" which I consider the biggest lie anyone at Target has ever told me.

I thought about this little bit today and I just realized why that argument is awful. The onhand counts can easily be off. If someone does RIGs or Research and inputs that we have X+5 of an item when we really have X, that's what the onhand counts will show. The system counts are easily changed through various means. Even RFID counts, while more exact than researching, can be offset by guests stealing clothes (which they do a lot).

Basically the way my store translates an INF is "whoever was looking for that item gave a good fight in looking for it, but ultimately couldn't find it and had to move on". We might find it later on by accident, but my store/team learned early on that we can't spend forever on just one item. It's something we learned in the first week and haven't changed since. Your GSTLs are full of shit and seem like they don't have any experience picking a single SFS batch.

Picked on time % is 97+ now. I understand that we need to pick orders ASAP in order to build guest loyalty. However, if I can't find something and I'm getting close to the goal time, I'm just going to cancel the item since it's easier to keep fullfillment % green than it is picked on time %. Increasing the picked on time % may have just backfired on Spot. :eek:

...I'm just going to cancel the item since it's easier to keep fullfillment % green than it is picked on time %.

Weirdly it's the opposite for my team. We sacrificed fulfillment for pick on time. We've been in the yellow for that for a while now.

Did anyone have any Hazardous items today? I know today was the first day for them... we didn't have any...just curious to know what items to look out for

Nope. Good thing too, because I think I lost the labels already.

I've tried bagging as I go or bagging at guest service. I've tried sending labels to the printer we keep at the hold area or using a printer I keep in my cart.

For now I've settled on keeping a ream of bags on a hook that I attach to the cart I'm using, and bringing a printer with me. I bag as I go and put the label on the outside of the bag as instructed. It results in generally using more bags and having things bagged unevenly (like two heavy bags and one light one instead of three medium weight ones).

The weekday GSTM is as thrilled with this as I am, because she told me she is still going to take the items out to show the guest, and they often don't want a bag anyway.

Our store hasn't recieved the memo to bag OPU (SPU?) items, maybe because we're in California. Has anybody in California heard of bagging the OPU?

No target.com is going to start selling hazardous items online so they sent out new labels for boxes just for hazardous items... the collate will have a HZ logo on it

What's considered a hazardous item? Isn't ESIM items hazardous already?

Our store hasn't recieved the memo to bag OPU (SPU?) items, maybe because we're in California. Has anybody in California heard of bagging the OPU?

What's considered a hazardous item? Isn't ESIM items hazardous already?

You guys charge for bags right? In our district if the store charges for plastic bags then they don't have to be bagged.

So some of the things a couple of team leads have done the past couple of days is getting borderline ridiculous. About a week ago someone put in an SPU for a curtain rod. There were none on the peg and I superzoned the area looking for it. After researching every empty location there, I noticed that the system thought we had 3 on hand. A little while later the sales floor SrTL came to me at the pack station furious that I hit not found without permission. She claimed once again that since there were counts, we must have the item in the back somewhere. I asked where they would be, and she told me they were likely unlocated on a shelf with the rest of them.
The next day she called me a liar when I said there were none on the shelf because there was one there. I checked the counts and it said there was one. I told her that the guest probably returned it since I assumed they needed two. So the SrTL gets AP involved. AP checked the logs, and found out that the item was purchased the day before the SPU dropped, and got returned at night after I closed the order. The SrTL hasn't said a word to me since, but damn if that didn't irritate me. However, she did talk to the Log-ETL, and now I have to ask the LOD permission before not finding anything, even in SFS batches. Failure to do so will result in a coaching.

Fast forward to today, we had a total of about 90 orders between the start of my shift and 1:05. The only things I couldn't find were a pair of sunglasses, and another order for 12 of the same pillow. For the sunglasses, using the RFID gun turned up nothing in accessories. So the log-ETL made me use the gun to check every single softlines backroom isle, as well as the area around the reverse logistics desk, signing room, fitting room, service desk, and the accessories rack in both boys and girls. With the pillows, they had me walk up and down every single isle in the store because "they could be misplaced." Sorry, but 12 pillows don't get "misplaced" like that. I say it was a mispick, but I was told saying that is just making excuses. This is for 2 DPCIs over an entire shift. A 98% fulfillment score for the day.

Our SFS YTD fulfillment percentage is 95% (5% INF with the new system). The problematic team leads want 100%. I'm getting sick of being sat down in the conference room about once a week to talk about how important it is to find every item. This is making every SFS shift into an incredible stressful ordeal; just seeing the spot for the item I need empty makes me anxious. I've been doing SFS for 2 years, and for hardlines, if an item isn't in it's location, or misplaced within the same isle, or on a nearby endcap, it's incredibly unlikely that I'll find it. Sure, sometimes I have, but the chances of it are so low that I don't consider it worthwhile. When the SrTL and log-ETL are making me look for literally over 30 minutes for one item I think there's a problem with their efficiency.

Also, they only do this when the STL is not in the store. The STL and I really get along, and he/she (vagueness) trusts my judgement with SFS because we have the highest overall score in the group. The District Team Lead has even told me that he/she (more vagueness) uses my store as an example. So besides finding a new job, is there any way to get the team leads off my back? I do not consider 95% a bad score.

Back