We got two new carts as well. I took them straight to SFS.

And on the pathing matter I recently changed it so that instead of it going ABC I made it so that it does an outer loop through the blocks and then the inner.
I'm being polite about the carts and asking all the TLs if they ordered any. If I don't hear anyone claim them tomorrow, they're mine.

And I have my pathing set up in a similar way. And it even goes reverse down certain blocks since it flows better that way.

Did you receive any communication about the carts? We also got two carts today, but there was nothing telling us why we got them and it didn't specifically say they were for SFS.
It should've said in a redwire (if you were getting new pack station(s)) what you were getting. We got seven carts in on Sunday. I'm super glad they came in when I was in because A) nobody but me knew they were coming and B) I was able to run them off and label them before they were stolen. ;D

Not sure about creating new child locations. When we first moved to the cart system at my store, we didn't have any instructions and had to figure it out by guessing...so like AA-AG don't have the correct number of child locs...
We found out the hard way that you can't make new child locations. The only reason why all 20+ of our carts are labelled properly is because at one point a few years ago, they changed the format of the locations from 001 to 01...(example AA001 to AA01) Having to create new locations and relabel 20+ carts only to remove a zero was incredibly fun...

It should've said in a redwire (if you were getting new pack station(s)) what you were getting.
Hopefully that's it. My PMT has a work order for SFS, but no redwire to go with it so he doesn't know what he's supposed to do yet. I'll admit I'm a little jealous of other stores getting extra packing stations (and I assume more order volume) but not us, even though we've had SFS for three years and have consistent green metrics.

Hopefully that's it. My PMT has a work order for SFS, but no redwire to go with it so he doesn't know what he's supposed to do yet. I'll admit I'm a little jealous of other stores getting extra packing stations (and I assume more order volume) but not us, even though we've had SFS for three years and have consistent green metrics.

My friend just became BRTL in another state and they just got up-to 7stations but they got stations in there steel.... I was jealous when he snapped it to me.

Yeah we are suppose to be getting 2 more packing stations which will make 7.... some more carts which hasn't come yet, and some more Peas since they are hiring 140 seasonal fulfillment team members...... wondering where these hours are coming from

Anyone else have Google Express in their store? Their setup makes our ff setup look like shit. They've got more room and more employees.. all while doing less overall orders. I think we had 3 flats for UPS today and they had 1 1/2.

wondering where these hours are coming from
Yeah about that....We've hired like 5 newbs still need like 75. Did we actually get hours to give to my core team AND new guys? Oh hell no...gotta take away hours from the people that have been busting their asses trying to actually make this skeleton crew of a workcenter function. I'm not sure how we're supposed to train 10x our original team while finishing the workload everyday.

Yeah about that....We've hired like 5 newbs still need like 75. Did we actually get hours to give to my core team AND new guys? Oh hell no...gotta take away hours from the people that have been busting their asses trying to actually make this skeleton crew of a workcenter function. I'm not sure how we're supposed to train 10x our original team while finishing the workload everyday.
Yes I agree they just hired 10 new team members.... and had them all train on the same day.... when we have 3 regulars... like really??...

Do you know if the RFID/Checkpoint will be on the zebras before 4th quarter?

Yes it will!

Some stores are testing it right now.

But to add on to that question, @mobilelady will the Zebra RFID app have a function for locating items like the iPod app currently has?

Yes it will! Future is to have inter app navigation with ePick (2018).

Thanks great info to have. Follow up question, when my store receives this pilot which I've heard is in a few weeks, will these functions be removed from the PDA?

Yes, they will be grayed out.

@mobilelady Will ePick handle INF items the same way myFA does (item drops back into the on-hands and we won't get orders for it for 24 hours)?

Or will it actually update the on-hand amount to zero if we can't find an item?

For other stores using the new pack app, how do you feel about not being able to manually type in the dpci? For items it doesnt recognize or those without bar codes, we have to switch back to pda to finish scanning. Seems really dumb if they are really phasing out pdas.

For other stores using the new pack app, how do you feel about not being able to manually type in the dpci? For items it doesnt recognize or those without bar codes, we have to switch back to pda to finish scanning. Seems really dumb if they are really phasing out pdas.
I thought it was dumb until I saw it mentioned in an email that you can click the magnifying glass on the top right to key stuff in. Prior to that I was just printing bcodes when I couldn't scan stuff or it came up invalid item.

Has anyone noticed how the group ranking on the weekly SFS report seems to be off?

I can have a INF score of under 4% and I'm somehow not even ranked in the top 20 in the group. But when I pull up the market rollup report, I can only see a handful of stores with better scores, which should put us in the top 5.

I wasn't able to dig into it too much, but something doesn't seem to be calculating correctly.

I thought it was dumb until I saw it mentioned in an email that you can click the magnifying glass on the top right to key stuff in. Prior to that I was just printing bcodes when I couldn't scan stuff or it came up invalid item.

Tried that on an order and it wouldnt work, either just the dpci or with a 49 in front.

Tried that on an order and it wouldnt work, either just the dpci or with a 49 in front.
Oh well never mind then. I actually went back to the PDAs for now.

But if you have a portable printer at your pack station, printing a bcode is a workaround.

For SFS, how ofter do you use ESIM bags? Having 2 rolls of ESIM bags just sitting on the table seems sort of cumbersome.

For SFS, how ofter do you use ESIM bags? Having 2 rolls of ESIM bags just sitting on the table seems sort of cumbersome.

Just to bag Chem. We started using empty shippers to hold those and the rug bag roll

Just to bag Chem. We started using empty shippers to hold those and the rug bag roll
I wish I could mount them like the bubble wrap, but the spindle needed has to be so skinny that I doubt I could find one sturdy enough to support the roll.

I wish I could mount them like the bubble wrap, but the spindle needed has to be so skinny that I doubt I could find one sturdy enough to support the roll.
That's exactly what I did... Pop out the black plastic pieces and the cardboard tube fits easily on the bubble wrap fixture.

However, the rug plastic (and especially the new bigger kind) is way too heavy. It needs to be mounted somewhere so you don't need to lift it above your head, but I'm not sure where or how.

That's exactly what I did... Pop out the black plastic pieces and the cardboard tube fits easily on the bubble wrap fixture.

However, the rug plastic (and especially the new bigger kind) is way too heavy. It needs to be mounted somewhere so you don't need to lift it above your head, but I'm not sure where or how.
This is what I did. We will see if that works.
image.jpg

So I went into work today at 5AM for FF to see that there were 70 myFAs in the PDA (I get usually around 10 when I come in). All of them were for the Nintendo SNES. I ended up having to INF all of them. Anyone else experienced this?

So I went into work today at 5AM for FF to see that there were 70 myFAs in the PDA (I get usually around 10 when I come in). All of them were for the Nintendo SNES. I ended up having to INF all of them. Anyone else experienced this?
Were they all for the same person? In-store pickup or SFS?
Granted, I'd have INF'ed them too, but would love to see the reaction if the LoD had gone outside to tell the line that every last one of them had been shipped out to the same person.

Were they all for the same person? In-store pickup or SFS?
Granted, I'd have INF'ed them too, but would love to see the reaction if the LoD had gone outside to tell the line that every last one of them had been shipped out to the same person.

All in store pickup for different people - we actually didn’t get any orders for SNES for SFS. We got 80 from the truck that morning and if I had fulfilled all those orders, that crowd outside our store would have been furious. My ETL-LOG basically said to leave the orders until after the people outside get them first and fulfill orders with whatever was left. (Which was nothing, we sold out in 30 minutes) LOD then gave me the OK to cancel all of them.

Back