In my store they opened up flex in a whole new area in the backroom and even hired a new team to go along with it. Pretty soon they're going to have it running 24/7. We even did a few orders on Thanksgiving. My ETL said it's only a couple of stores that are expanding it where we pick from the backroom/floor and also pack up the boxes and load them for UPS. I'm originally from softlines and I'm loving being in flex. Such a great change from being just on the floor and dealing with guests all day. I'm also getting to know the store better since I never got to go into hardlines that much.

Has anyone else gotten flex in their store?

I was under the impression that they weren't spending payroll on it. Good to hear that they aren't pawning it off on Backroom TMs or LODs at your store. I'd love to be a FF only TM.

@Kartman Flexible Fulfillment is when a guest orders an item online and chooses to pick it up in a store. In some stores (like OPs) they will also pack and ship these orders directly to guests instead of the distribution center doing it.

I hate FF. It's so annoying and time consuming. I'm like the only backroom day team member at my store that pulls FF.

I have to ask the LOD or an ETL to do it probably at least a couple of times a day. When I come in at noon and head back to dimension x, checking FF in the PDA is the first thing I do. Since the 12pm CAF pulls are always gigantic, I usually have to ask if an ETL can do it. I also usually have to ask if an ETL can help backroom with the 12pm CAF pulls. I always love it when the early morning backroom team gets asked to help backroom day with CAF pulls. They act like it's so painful to have to pull shit off the shelf within a 60 minute time frame. Lazy assholes if you ask me.

In my store they opened up flex in a whole new area in the backroom and even hired a new team to go along with it. Pretty soon they're going to have it running 24/7. We even did a few orders on Thanksgiving. My ETL said it's only a couple of stores that are expanding it where we pick from the backroom/floor and also pack up the boxes and load them for UPS. I'm originally from softlines and I'm loving being in flex. Such a great change from being just on the floor and dealing with guests all day. I'm also getting to know the store better since I never got to go into hardlines that much.

Has anyone else gotten flex in their store?

That's not just FF that's Ship From Store. Online guests aren't supposed to know about it but I've already seen a ton of articles online about it.

Yes black Thursday it was a 150 orders placed by the time we opened.

We don't ship yet, but I would love to get that gig when or if we do.

On Thursday we only got around 200 orders. It was impossible to do it on black friday though. I saw ff members wearing jackets to try to hide their red shirt.

Yep one of ours grabbed his hockey jersey and wore that.

Isn't it everyone's responsibility to help guests? Otherwise, why can't I wear my jacket while I am setting a pog?

On Thursday we only got around 200 orders. It was impossible to do it on black friday though. I saw ff members wearing jackets to try to hide their red shirt.

Isn't it everyone's responsibility to help guests? Otherwise, why can't I wear my jacket while I am setting a pog?

Not when given instruction to pull orders and do it quietly so that they could actually get them done. Were you setting POGs after 6pm on Thursday while we were open? I doubt it.

All our backroom TMs were given shirts to wear that weren't red so they could walk the floor without being mobbed.

I wish they would have given me a different colored shirt to wear. There were 60+ orders in the PDA when I clocked in, and of course I didn't get all of them pulled in the hour time limit because I'm one person and lol, it's Black Friday what did my clueless ETLs expect? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I understand. I guess I am still remembering the time i stayed late to finish a pog. The team member doing it had to leave suddenly, the aisle tore apart. Our tl was off that day, do I couldn't just leave the pog unfinished. I was supposed to be off at 230.
So, I'm in the digestive care aisle moving product, pushers, etc. It's about 4. The backup cashier call goes out. I ignore it. I wasn't even supposed to be there.

The Etl-Hr walks by the aisle and says if we are in the store, we are to guest service, period. I explained the situation to her. But I was told I'd be coached next time. Or was that a coaching.

Just my two cents.

Fuck, I should have thought of that, wearing a non red jacket, a shopping cart, and an LPDA. Would have made my day so much easier

Ship from store was a pilot that began rolling out to some stores (mine included) earlier in the summer. Guests will order items online and we ship it from the store to their homes. In essence it is a faster turnaround for the guest because (especially if ordering locally) the delivery time can go from 4-5 days down to 1 or 2. It has been a HUGE sales booster for the store because the sales go to the store, not target.com.

I believe on BF the team members were given the okay to wear gray shirts instead of red (although to be honest that didn't work... the fact the team had keys, walkie, PDA, nametag, and were dragging around an odd-looking carriage sort of had the opposite affect).

Given I was one of the stores that couldn't open until after midnight we came in to 90 GPUs, in addition to our Next Day Delivery orders. Order max was locked well before Black Friday so stores wouldn't receive more than their order max for SFS orders, but GPUs were rather plentiful.

BF went about as bad as I expected when the pilot rolled out. My team walked into 99 GPUS after midnight, which was essentially way more than that because after every order done, it stayed at 99. Cancels were through the roof due to the obvious fact that we were battling the guests for everything (Toys + electronics yeah, right.) Even after 6pm we were getting random gpus for doorbusters. Grey shirts did nothing really here either. I wasn't even wearing a nametag most of the day and it didnt stop anyone lol. After about noon it was impossible to get things done because guest services called us to bring up pick ups for guests every 2 mins (our hold locations at the front were overflowing so we had to use locations in the backroom).

I was the first back room TM in my store on Black Thursday, and had 35 FFs in the gun when I clocked in (4:00 PM). Thankfully they all had a pick time of 7:00 PM. I got a good chunk of them done before everyone else came in, and I had all the other dayside members hop in so we could knock them out in time.

I didn't have a grey shirt, so I got the go-ahead to wear whatever non-red shirt I had with me. I managed to get around without too much hassle. Luckily, going forward we usually have a designated FF member during the day. There's just too much going on in our store right now to stop every ten minutes to pull another FF.

BF went about as bad as I expected when the pilot rolled out. My team walked into 99 GPUS after midnight, which was essentially way more than that because after every order done, it stayed at 99. Cancels were through the roof due to the obvious fact that we were battling the guests for everything (Toys + electronics yeah, right.) Even after 6pm we were getting random gpus for doorbusters.

I was told that those items would be ineligible for store pickup due to the demand. Whoever told me that must've been living in a fantasy world where things actually make sense.

Back