I have half a mind to go to the store that sent me this package and smack the TM who packed it. We use air pillows for a reason!!! Also, maybe use less tape and more bubble wrap!!!

Yes, I know all of this is available in my store, but it's just so much easier to get it shipped to my door for free.

What in the..... oh my god.... xD

I mean.... so many levels of wtf right there.

I have half a mind to go to the store that sent me this package and smack the TM who packed it. We use air pillows for a reason!!! Also, maybe use less tape and more bubble wrap!!!

Yes, I know all of this is available in my store, but it's just so much easier to get it shipped to my door for free.

I thing smacking them would be counterproductive and not brand at all.
However if you got about a hundred feet of bubble wrap, a case of air pillows and a couple of rolls of duct tape, I'm pretty sure you could do an effective demonstration on how to wrap a person so that they could fall from the roof of a building without getting hurt.

However if you got about a hundred feet of bubble wrap, a case of air pillows and a couple of rolls of duct tape, I'm pretty sure you could do an effective demonstration on how to wrap a person so that they could fall from the roof of a building without getting hurt.
I'm pretty sure I could sell a LOT of tickets to see THAT. :D

Random story time - A SFS worker who has been with us for over a year was taken out in handcuffs in the other day.

Here is what happened. The trashcan in SFS was overflowing but no one wanted to change it. Finally 3 days later a brave co worker got the trashbag out of the bin but it was so heavy that the bottom broke out. He immediately spots three opened packages of high dollar products, with no product around in sight. He reports it to AP and they start looking into it. Turns out 2 days later, this girl came to work wearing one of the items that was stolen. Upon further investigation they let her work her whole shift, and as she is leaving work the police pull up and arrest her. They also recovered one of the items in her car.

Tisk tisk...you will always get caught.

I'm sorry but I must use this "punny" line ...It looks like that team member really "took the trash out" for your SFS, literally and figuratively .:D

Here is what happened at my store on some beats headphones.
That is completely the handler's fault, not the shipper's fault.
The return center hates when UPS or USPS return the damaged packages to the store because they want to see the "damage". I had UPS return a vase to the store because it was broken. The vase was broken because someone at the sorting facility used it as a step stool, as indicated by the two massive footprints on the box, and that just upsets me greatly because when I pack I take my time or check on my team members that are doing the packing to ensure it gets to the guest in one piece.

That box is just so wrong...I'm sorry @tgtJose, that was a #epicSFSfail.
Where are the air pillows, the prep bags and why is there regular packing tape sealing food?
I would mail a copy of that photo to the store's manager where it came from and write something like "Seriously, this is NOT amazing." or "I think that your SFS needs some supplies."

Where are the air pillows, the prep bags and why is there regular packing tape sealing food?
I would mail a copy of that photo to the store's manager where it came from and write something like "Seriously, this is NOT amazing." or "I think that your SFS needs some supplies."
Hell yeah, find out what store it came from. They need to be retrained.

I feel your pain! You should have refused delivery, which would cause UPS to send it back to the store so they can witness their fuckup

Every time we get a package returned (our receiver never notices until after UPS has already left), I look up who packed it and then set it aside for them to deal with.

I love how my job title is Flexible Fulfillment Team member, but I get scheduled Backroom at least 75% of my shifts. Plus, my BRTL switched me from FF to Backroom for today's shift. Ugh.

Oh shit. How does someone pack that and think that's good enough?? Looking at that hurts me. What exploded?
Two jars of spaghetti sauce.

If I had been home when UPS came by, I would have refused delivery which would cause UPS to send it back to the store (even though there is a return address on the box, theywould still just send it back to where they picked it up).

Hell yeah, find out what store it came from. They need to be retrained.
Sadly enough, I was the one who trained their ETLs and TLs.

We had UPS contact us claiming we gave them a broken package to be shipped. I mean.... yeah, no... we pack our boxes 20 feet from the dock door. It's not going to get damaged when you move the pallet from the station to the door for the pickup. I even have the UPS drivers take the pallets themselves. I'll move the rack or assist a little bit, but no. They are going to take the liability for package damage, not us. Heh.

I took the call and refused to say it was our fault, explaining to the UPS person that we quite literally packed it, didn't move it, and the driver then took it. TL/ETL/LOD backed me on it so yay? :)

Woo. Just remembered.... SFS shifts Friday and Saturday! :D

Today was just stupid. I walked in to 35 batches, not too crazy. But the orders just started flooding in, and even with us picking as fast as possible, there were 38 untouched batches in the gun at 9:30. Eventually we knock out all but the SA batches, but there were still 15 batches of SA orders. I would estimate that we had about 60+ SIO items. And for whatever reason, we had a fuckton of unlocated furniture so there must be a pallet of unlocated furniture somewhere but nobody could find it. I was pulling furniture items like made for almost 3 hours, and we definitely did not "make it". This is even with 5 of us scheduled for 8 hour shifts. There were also the same items in several batches, but only one collate. For example, this one table was in three separate batches but only one collate printed out for the item and the collate only called for a quantity of one, and same with the order when you process the order. Very odd.

Plus I pulled a bunch of furniture that I'm sure has been sitting for weeks since it was so caked with dust and grime, I was absolutely filthy when I got off work.

@Firefox how are the SA batches working out for your store?

Sometimes I find it helpful, like if it's located furniture in the back, but mostly it's just annoying to have a separate batch for a single item. Even if it's a large item, I'm still going to shove it in my cart just to save a trip.

Back