save your cart numbers in sap, you can look them up and see what date they should be delivered. my store has had the same problem
It’s really bad. We’re on our last box of collates and last wat tape rolls. My TL said another store is willing to give us some things we need rn

Hey all- we will be rolling out a new sales floor pathing solution to stores in the coming weeks. It is showing really nice improvements in efficiency in our pilot stores. The biggest change is that it will start you in the middle back of your store and path the eaches in your batch on the shortest path in your specific store. It will no longer path you by block but is dynamic and will incorporate NOP into the path where it makes sense rather than at the end. Please post me any feedback on pathing if you've gotten the update.

Hey all- we will be rolling out a new sales floor pathing solution to stores in the coming weeks. It is showing really nice improvements in efficiency in our pilot stores. The biggest change is that it will start you in the middle back of your store and path the eaches in your batch on the shortest path in your specific store. It will no longer path you by block but is dynamic and will incorporate NOP into the path where it makes sense rather than at the end. Please post me any feedback on pathing if you've gotten the update.

Well that new system override our current sales floor pathing? Been playing with ours since Q4 and finally have it efficient.

Another great tweak would be the ability to reverse the pathing if possible. When finishing a batch near the front of the store it would be great to reverse the next batch if you have room in your vehicle.

Having a configurable starting point would be nice, not all stores have the backroom in the back of the store, some have the backroom doors on the side of the store so always starting in the back would be extra walking for those stores.

Well that new system override our current sales floor pathing? Been playing with ours since Q4 and finally have it efficient.

Another great tweak would be the ability to reverse the pathing if possible. When finishing a batch near the front of the store it would be great to reverse the next batch if you have room in your vehicle.

The future plan is to have dynamic start locations based on the device's location in the store.

It should only take SF pathing into account regarding the back of the store. It will still path you to your first stockroom and the your other ones if applicable, but once you swap to SF picking, it will start you from the middle of the back wall, opposite from the main entrance.
I know it doesn't change the BR pathing, just if your BR door isn't in the back of the store it adds an extra little jaunt to the start of the sales floor pathing that may or may not have been there with the old pathing.

For the FedEx stores, how do you organize packing and organizing the shipping codes? We’ve switched over for about 3 weeks now and it’s still a mess when we’re packing. We usually just print out the collates and pack any G or H first before we start packing E. We can’t really put pallets but we just separate G/H and E into separate stacks during packing.

For the FedEx stores, how do you organize packing and organizing the shipping codes? We’ve switched over for about 3 weeks now and it’s still a mess when we’re packing. We usually just print out the collates and pack any G or H first before we start packing E. We can’t really put pallets but we just separate G/H and E into separate stacks during packing.

We just separate them as we pack. Why can't you use pallets and where do you put your boxes then? We have E pallets and G pallets so as we pack a box it goes on the designated one.

Having a configurable starting point would be nice, not all stores have the backroom in the back of the store, some have the backroom doors on the side of the store so always starting in the back would be extra walking for those stores.
The back room at my store is downstairs so I’m curious to see how that’ll go haha

We just separate them as we pack. Why can't you use pallets and where do you put your boxes then? We have E pallets and G pallets so as we pack a box it goes on the designated one.
Our pack station is shoved in a corner so we can have either the cart of items to pack or tub/flat of already packed next to us. Pallets would make sense but maybe 2 of us actually know how to stack a pallet correctly so that boxes aren’t falling. We usually just put it on the floor until there’s a good amount to put the tub/flat.

Any USPS stores?? When sorting and there's one left is there anything you can do other then rechecking every package?

I'm not a fan of this new pathing update. The pathing sent me back and forth between different departments of the store. It was greatly confusing and wasted a lot of time. I prefer the old one, there wasn't much wrong with it.

NhbPLkb.jpg

Anyone else get massive amounts of water in orders? Like almost every truck I’ll get an order for 30-40 of the Poland Spring gallon jugs and it’s just a complete pain to pack and split all of those. What’s even worse is that they’re only like a dollar so we’re barely making any money on them.

I don't think I've ever gotten an order for any soda or water. I didn't even know those were SFSable. Same with bags of sugar, I've gotten lots of flour orders (ugh) but never any sugar.

In the past month or so we've gotten two orders of like 6 cases each of the Essentia water, and a few orders for Evian. I think they just became SFS eligible at my store.
Same goes for baby food. Formula was always eligible, but we NEVER received OPU or SFS orders for the pureed pouches/ jars, or the little yogurt or fruit/veggie crunchies, and now they come up almost every day starting about 6 weeks ago.

In the past month or so we've gotten two orders of like 6 cases each of the Essentia water, and a few orders for Evian. I think they just became SFS eligible at my store.
Same goes for baby food. Formula was always eligible, but we NEVER received OPU or SFS orders for the pureed pouches/ jars, or the little yogurt or fruit/veggie crunchies, and now they come up almost every day starting about 6 weeks ago.

Oh, I WONDERED why all of a sudden I'm getting orders for those little Puffs things every single day. I knew it wasn't a new product. Come to think of it, I don't remember ever filling any orders for the baby cereal or little food pouches until recently either. THAT explains it.

We occasionally get orders for cases of water. I make a nest of air pillows for them and hope for the best.

Looking for Pregis machine advice. We keep getting the pillow jam error but nothing is actually getting jammed.. if you start it again it will start right back up. Until the next time it jams either ten seconds into that round of pillows or two rounds later. PMT has played with it a few times but nothing seems to help. Any ideas, please?

Looking for Pregis machine advice. We keep getting the pillow jam error but nothing is actually getting jammed.. if you start it again it will start right back up. Until the next time it jams either ten seconds into that round of pillows or two rounds later. PMT has played with it a few times but nothing seems to help. Any ideas, please?
You are Probably going to have to call to get a replacement machine sent out... might have plastic wraped around the wheels that you can't see

You are Probably going to have to call to get a replacement machine sent out... might have plastic wraped around the wheels that you can't see

This one is only a few months old.. is that normal? We had to get a new one a while back because of problems we were having.

This one is only a few months old.. is that normal? We had to get a new one a while back because of problems we were having.
Yeah it is normal... pregis reuse machines.... so u send it back they claim to fix it and send it to another store .... it could also be the air pillows u r using... could have a bad roll

Yeah it is normal... pregis reuse machines.... so u send it back they claim to fix it and send it to another store .... it could also be the air pillows u r using... could have a bad roll

Okay thank you!:) We have definitely had our share of bad rolls lol but it seems like it's the machine itself this time

@hufflepuff What is the exact wording of the error? If it's stopping due to heat sensor you'll have to call it in and they send a new one.

I've found the gear alignment off for the wheels on machines. Usually I can just use an Allen wrench to take the back off and remove and reattach the gears. That often clears it up or at least gets it to limp along till the "new" one comes.

Because the machines aren't new when they are sent to us I've actually had one fail within a month of getting the replacement.

If you need to unlock the machine turn it off hold the up and down arrows at the same time and keep pressing them while you turn it on. Make your adjustments (I usually have to adjust time to at least 1:30 and increase pillow fill to between 50-60 percent as we've gotten some that were not calibrated correct) then turn it off and relock it by doing the same thing you did to unlock it.

Back