I'm trying so hard
All of my TMs keep picking the whole casepack even when not all of it is needed. 🙄
OPU seasonal idiot here. Can you please help me understand what to do when this happens. First it says "xx are needed, how many did you pick???" I have no idea until I go to the next step, then it usually says 1 is needed

You should take the whole casepack out of the location you find it at, then take whatever you need. After that either backstock it yourself or put it wherever your BR team (if you still have one) wants it.

Don't take the whole casepack with you on your cart to be packed. Some idiot will pack the whole damn thing and next thing you know someone is getting five free Barbies instead of just the one they ordered.

Gotta love the stl telling you to dig through pallets and pallets of unpushed seasonal then at 1:45, asking why you aren't done picking. Well damn, you can't have it both ways. I can spend my time picking and packing things I can find, or, I can spend my time searching for things I can't find. Not both.

Can someone explains how the productivity works? I picked three different OPU & DU orders at the same time one one three tier... but productivity says I only did 9 an hour....

*EDIT* Never mind, it updated to 60 per hour.

Last edited:
You do get dinged for not completing the cart fast enough. So technically it's better to do all the small FA batches separately than it is to do them together in fake carts you type in, which is counterproductive and inefficient, but oh well.

You will do the backstock inside epick after pick. (at least the backstock portion, I don't know about the myWork link)
It's difficult picking for SPU's and needing one roll of paper towels stacked on the last shelf when it's on the floor. 30 minutes is not enough time picking from the backroom. OPU's should be set fee for the service. I could be picking a batch and have to stop to bring an ELF $3 eyeshadow brush to front.

You do get dinged for not completing the cart fast enough. So technically it's better to do all the small FA batches separately than it is to do them together in fake carts you type in, which is counterproductive and inefficient, but oh well.
So I should go back and forth on picking? I went from a store that didn’t drop many to a store that drops a lot of OPU & DUs and I was the only one doing them for a bit. What is more efficient?

I'm trying so hard

OPU seasonal idiot here. Can you please help me understand what to do when this happens. First it says "xx are needed, how many did you pick???" I have no idea until I go to the next step, then it usually says 1 is needed

Salesfloor: Scan item, 2 needed and there are two on the shelf, you grab two, key two. Scan cart, 1 needed for Lopez, still saying 1 needed, order Chandler. System moves to next item. Done.

Backroom Casepack example: Scan casepack, six needed, you take six of the case of six, key six, scan cart. 1 needed for Lopez, still saying 1 needed order Chandler, four needed order Smith. System moves to next item. Done

Backroom casepack example: Scan casepack, Six needed you pull and key six, scan cart 1 needed for order Lopez. Then the system moves to next item. The left over is now backstock.

Example B: Scan casepack of six, says two needed there are six in the case, you pull two, key two leave case on the shelf. Scan cart, 1 needed for order Lopez, 1 needed for order Chandler. Done.

Hope that helps.

Example B: Scan casepack of six, says two needed there are six in the case, you pull two, key two leave case on the shelf. Scan cart, 1 needed for order Lopez, 1 needed for order Chandler. Done.
Does it still do this? I haven't seen it happen in a couple weeks

Does it still do this? I haven't seen it happen in a couple weeks

yep did it to me today. Not as often but it still does it. Why I carry a marker to mark the partial casepack correctly. I just can't fix all the BS this system does, that is one that SFS/OPU and backroom agreed to, we can leave partials as long as we mark them. Its also easier to get newbies to do that vs pulling it in a separate app they are still learning to use.

@mobilelady It would be great if the system were to acknowledge that there are uncompleted RTS tasks. If a guest were to re-order items right after the system cancelled it, it would be helpful for epick to direct the picker to just pull it from the OPU room. It would help save time and bring down INF as some items are the last ones on hand.

So I should go back and forth on picking? I went from a store that didn’t drop many to a store that drops a lot of OPU & DUs and I was the only one doing them for a bit. What is more efficient?
Depends on if your store cares about that metric or not. What tends to happen to me is, say, a 1(3) Drive Up (well, according to ePick, "Drive-up") drops in, and as I'm walking through the backroom to pick it, a 2(2) FA drops in. I can't add it to the batch I already have, but it'd be on my way to the FA closet, so I might as well exit the batch I'm in after picking the 1 DPCI, type in a fake cart, and start the 2(2) FA on my way up to put the Drive Up in hold. So, it takes less time (since I didn't have to take another trip across the salesfloor), but I get dinged for pausing the Drive Up cart and then for pausing the FA cart, but it took less time and was more efficient than picking them separately. Nobody but me really pays attention to the productivity metric at my store, unless we suspect a TM is loafing or we start getting a lot of missed goals, but if your store cares about that then one batch at a time would be better. About half of my TMs do the cart pausing and about half don't, so it's really up to personal preference.

Really, time that a cart is paused shouldn't count against the productivity metric if you jump into another task while it's paused, but I guess they're trying to prevent metric cheating. It's just unfortunate that it makes the metric somewhat useless since it dings us for taking our breaks and lunches and pausing the carts.

I have lost.. Look like my store leaderships doesn’t care about metrics anymore it’s all about just getting it done.. Luckily I’m not needed much for fulfillment these days they just want me to help backroom.

We get dinged for pausing carts? Guess my redness is shining like a quasar by now. If I'm by myself I'm pausing the crap out of carts. 3 at at time if each is 1 or 2 items. I was 100% on time and no INFs for 4 hours (lucky break there on INFs I admit). But then my second person came in, and I couldn't immediately start, preview, and pause each batch as it dropped.
There should be a limit on how many items in a batch. 38(43) should not batch into 1 cart. There's no way that gets pulled in time.
It dropped my On Time score to 70% by itself when it inevitably missed goal.

We can’t INF and we can’t pause ... but it is on the truck that is being unloaded right now ...
Jump on the line and help til it comes off the truck? That's about the only way to speed up finding it.
If I force close the epick app, does the cart pause or is it still considered "in progress"?

Back