The fines are pretty big, which is why I don't understand why TMs aren't sent alerts when they're approaching meal or clock out times. Why is that reserved for LOD alerts?

As someone who knows nothing about programming, is this difficult? Cause it makes a ton of sense! Joe's TM number is logged in to a zebra, Joe hits his first alert for meal approaching and a notification pops up on screen that requires he click to close it. Small reminder for those who lose track of time, forced acknowledgment from those who like to flirt with danger. Second alert can even be larger or more angry. lol

The issue with that is that we can print extra stickers using Reprint and it'd be wrong if we did that (ie, if I printed one sticker then needed one for another bag and hit reprint, it'd say Bag 1 of 1 but it'd be in two bags). Having the location would be great since if we split it into multiple locations, it has us print stickers each time anyway, so it'd work.
well it could simply ask "How many bags are you using"
I agree printing location (and also number of items in order) would help

well it could simply ask "How many bags are you using"
I agree printing location (and also number of items in order) would help

The reason that we're not putting the hold location on the labels is because we're going to be moving the point where the labels will be printing. In Jan/Feb timeframe, the labels will print right after you scan a group of items to bag. Then you will hit a 'create label' button and then you'll scan the hold location. So because we won't know the hold location yet, we can't put it on the label.

On the bag comment, in March or so, the new Pickup app will be released and it will have the ability to scan out of hold. So we'll be adding barcodes to the labels we print during put to hold and those will be used in the Pickup app to scan to ensure the guest gets all of their bags/items.

The reason that we're not putting the hold location on the labels is because we're going to be moving the point where the labels will be printing. In Jan/Feb timeframe, the labels will print right after you scan a group of items to bag. Then you will hit a 'create label' button and then you'll scan the hold location. So because we won't know the hold location yet, we can't put it on the label.

On the bag comment, in March or so, the new Pickup app will be released and it will have the ability to scan out of hold. So we'll be adding barcodes to the labels we print during put to hold and those will be used in the Pickup app to scan to ensure the guest gets all of their bags/items.
That sounds great. It still would be ideal then if it could say bag 1 of X if items are being scanned into a group (bag). Also if for name it said Smith, John instead of just Smith. Especially during the holidays we had a lot of same last name orders.

As someone who knows nothing about programming, is this difficult? Cause it makes a ton of sense! Joe's TM number is logged in to a zebra, Joe hits his first alert for meal approaching and a notification pops up on screen that requires he click to close it. Small reminder for those who lose track of time, forced acknowledgment from those who like to flirt with danger. Second alert can even be larger or more angry. lol

During fourth quarter, this would not work as great of an idea as it is. The company will not invest in enough devices so everyone can have one.

During fourth quarter, this would not work as great of an idea as it is. The company will not invest in enough devices so everyone can have one.
Also wouldn’t work at GS where we just have 2-3 devices used by all of us. This is the tough part about programming— you have to consider all scenarios... something I think target could do better at

Let’s hope that the printer will
Work all the time ... too often we have “ printer failed “ popping up !

Make sure your printer's role says *ZPL (the asterisk is important)

If not, hit Menu>Role>highlight *ZPL and hit okay. That should restart the printer and set it to it's new role. (Apologies if I miss a step to get to Role).

Ours do this fairly often but when we hit Reprint it usually works. Figured out that if you scan the wrong printer and it fails, you can scan the correct printer on the "Print Failed" screen then hit Reprint and it'll print to the correct printer, so that's cool.

Make sure your printer's role says *ZPL (the asterisk is important)

If not, hit Menu>Role>highlight *ZPL and hit okay. That should restart the printer and set it to it's new role. (Apologies if I miss a step to get to Role).
We have 3 printer just for SFS , and yes they are on *ZPL , but still too often it fails to print ..
restarting the printer each time takes time !

So it's more efficient during back to school to use the forklift to bring down and open a shipper, remove a $0.75 box of markers, and put the shipper back up, rather than go to the floor and grab one out of the box of a couple hundred?
It would be easy to code something like (IF capacity AND floor quantity > 3) OR IF Box Quantity > 4 THEN Pull from floor. That way you’d only pull the items that would be silly to pick from the backroom. I would add a check for the batch quantity if picking a SFS batch but not OPU as I’ve had many batches that are 15 of the same item from a case of 50 during BTS. So it would do well to pull from the back in that case.
It would also help to add a link to myWork on the set remaining for backstock screen so we could backstock it directly.
@mobilelady
Does INF change the count of an item? Seems to make sense if INF is triggered mutliple times, it should change to 0 automatically or at least prompts to change it at some point.
INF is supposed to trigger audit tasks. If you update floor quantities to 0 when you INF that should repull items if they accidently get backstocked later.

Random tip but if you ever need packing tape for personal use scotch surestart tape is the greatest tape ever invented, I am the same way about tangling but surestart is fantastic
Or literally any other packing tape, since, yknow... Packing tape.

Are these the alerts for a Drive Up order?
She's talking about a specific alert that myGo used to do, typically for orders where OPU merch is in the backroom. It would alert the BRTMs that a guest was waiting on merch. I'm not sure if Pickup has this ability though
correct. for items in BRXXXX locations, we hit a get for guest button on the order details page, which should send an alert to all Flex and BRTMs.

Ideally, that alert would would link to pickup where they could see all order details, but at bare minimum, it should be

Order number, order location, guest name, and number of items.

Pickup really needs this.

correct. for items in BRXXXX locations, we hit a get for guest button on the order details page, which should send an alert to all Flex and BRTMs.

Ideally, that alert would would link to pickup where they could see all order details, but at bare minimum, it should be

Order number, order location, guest name, and number of items.

Pickup really needs this.
Ok thanks I've forwarded this over to the owners of the Pickup app.

I got an alert when signed in for flex alerts "guest is waiting on order xyz123abc456" but there was nothing to pick in epick.
That is not a message to pick. Its a message that something located in the backroom that was previously processed on ePick is being requested for a guest at guest services.
This. It just means find the order in the back room and bring it up to GS. this is a good example of why alerts need more info (location, name, items). Providing just the number means nothing.

Thanks!!!
Here's the response:
Today for myDU and Pickup the notification deep links to the order detail which has the hold location inline. We could look at adding into the notification body although myAlerts just made us remove guest name from the body as it was not deemed PII compliant now.

Note: we did not turn notifications on for the new Pickup app until late Monday and then found a defect with the deeplink that didn’t get resolved until a new build this morning. Going forward all alerts will take the TM directly to the order detail view.

Here's the response:
Today for myDU and Pickup the notification deep links to the order detail which has the hold location inline. We could look at adding into the notification body although myAlerts just made us remove guest name from the body as it was not deemed PII compliant now.

Note: we did not turn notifications on for the new Pickup app until late Monday and then found a defect with the deeplink that didn’t get resolved until a new build this morning. Going forward all alerts will take the TM directly to the order detail view.
Here’s my response to them:

Yay, I’m so glad it deep links!! I hope the notification makes it clear it’s deeplinked though. Is even just last name not PII compliant? If it isn’t compliant, they could do something like this.

GET FOR GUEST: order 123456789, in location BRXXXX, 3 items. Tap for more details.

bonus points if it can have the walkie say "Get For Guest needed, who is responding?"

Last edited:
Back