Anyone know if ship to store on the mydevice rolling out soon? I hate using the PDA

Our current ETL (who packs constantly) doesn't tape SIO's, doesn't pack restocks correctly, sends out rugs without polytubing, sends out chem without any prep tape or bags. Nevermind weight distribution or 5-6 sides of protection. It's honestly really upsetting. And it's destroying any love I had left for my workcenter. There's not a single person at store level who cares about us / that we can go to about it because they're all awful.

Last edited:
I'm out til Sat, what's the update include?
You can backstock casepacks from the app.
Once the app sends you to the salesfloor you can now tap on the DPCI and itll take you to the myWork page for the item.
Task list is back.
And you can click on more info. And itll show the color size and department information. Which is really useful for softlines when it shows a picture that doesnt explain if the item is boys, girls, men or women.
It has made picking a bit more efficient.

That is not a message to pick. Its a message that something located in the backroom that was previously processed on ePick is being requested for a guest at guest services.
MyAlert sucks in general. I love the alerts but I should be able to click on the alert and it’ll open up the body in myalert with the details. Instead it opens a random app or opens myalert and says it can’t retrieve the alert

honestly i didn't even know stores still used backroom locations

lord knows we don't have the space for it

We don't either but after we pulled some really dirty tricks a couple years ago we got a valley in the back room, on a permanent basis.. One ETL still has not forgiven me for it. :)

We got it for extra large items and at 4th quarter cause we can easily fill our guest service space, and we have some large item space at GS but not nearly enough, so we have this small kind of stand alone valley in the back we claimed so we have some open stock WACO's and some spaces where we can stash TV's, bookcases, stacks of plastics or paper towels when those go on sale..

honestly i didn't even know stores still used backroom locations

lord knows we don't have the space for it
we still do... it’s technically supposed to be just for big items like tvs and patio sets (oh god i am not ready for that again), but certain backroom tms despise coming up to guest service so rather than just put it in one of our two closets close to guest service, they put regular items back there. they also don’t do “get for guests” for the most part especially if a certain backroom tl is there (he swears we do no work up at guest service), so we have to leave the desk unattended at times and like sprint through the store.

to get around the get for guest issue (backroom not having time to grab it), they decided to add another extremely far closet that involves us leaving the desk. guests complain about it literally every single day, but don’t tell our stl that... she just thinks were lazy.

So my store is moving forward further with the new OPs model starting on the two week out schedule. I was given a choice of learning to unload and sort the truck then being responsible for stocking home furnishings or well let's just say I have a week of nothing but OPU shifts to look forward to.

we still do... it’s technically supposed to be just for big items like tvs and patio sets (oh god i am not ready for that again), but certain backroom tms despise coming up to guest service so rather than just put it in one of our two closets close to guest service, they put regular items back there.

We have just the opposite problem. They come up to scan the printer, see there's no space, and just put it in the aisle.

We have just the opposite problem. They come up to scan the printer, see there's no space, and just put it in the aisle.
we had that problem and then we took pictures and complained about it and they stopped coming back there at all. my gstl and i the one night were back in the closet digging through and trying not to step on top of orders... it was awful.

Does anyone else have an LOD with unrealistic expectations?

I was the only one working on flexes this morning. I went in at 8 and was scheduled to leave at 12. (It's actually the only day I'm working this month. A whole four hours for the month of February. Whoo.) I was able to quickly get through the OPUs from overnight first thing in the morning. I worked on OPUs while they dropped, and in between picked two full carts. At 11:20, our LOD asks me to continue with the OPUs, but also have everything from non-rush SFS picked (60+ items left) and all of the ship-alones picked (15+ items) before I leave. I almost laughed. Without the OPUs, I might have been able to get everything else done, but as soon as I finished one, another one or two would drop. How can you expect one person to do that much in 40 minutes?

I agreed to stay until 1. I did was much as I could. It still wasn't everything he wanted, but I guess it was better than nothing. I imagine that if we were able to better access the backroom aisles things would be much quicker. Sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes to clear out an aisle, grab the one item you needed, and then fill the aisle back up again. Only to have to repeat the whole process in an hour when you have more items to get in that aisle. Or maybe I'm just slow? 🤷‍♀️

I was the only one working on flexes this morning. I went in at 8 and was scheduled to leave at 12. (It's actually the only day I'm working this month. A whole four hours for the month of February. Whoo.) I was able to quickly get through the OPUs from overnight first thing in the morning. I worked on OPUs while they dropped, and in between picked two full carts. At 11:20, our LOD asks me to continue with the OPUs, but also have everything from non-rush SFS picked (60+ items left) and all of the ship-alones picked (15+ items) before I leave. I almost laughed. Without the OPUs, I might have been able to get everything else done, but as soon as I finished one, another one or two would drop. How can you expect one person to do that much in 40 minutes?

I agreed to stay until 1. I did was much as I could. It still wasn't everything he wanted, but I guess it was better than nothing. I imagine that if we were able to better access the backroom aisles things would be much quicker. Sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes to clear out an aisle, grab the one item you needed, and then fill the aisle back up again. Only to have to repeat the whole process in an hour when you have more items to get in that aisle. Or maybe I'm just slow? 🤷‍♀️

That seems like unrealistic expectations. My store doesn't have SFS, but even with just OPUs and drive-ups flex fill always gets backup when needed. But, I don't know? Maybe try not filling the backroom aisles back up again after your pick them? You didn't leave that shit there in the first place. It doesn't belong there anyway.

Or maybe I'm just slow
You definitely aren't slow. Goal for an hour is an average of 35 dcpis. I've been told to aim for 60, and have managed 78 on a really good day. So asking you to do 75+ in 40 minutes was pretty stupid. Especially with OPUs still dropping.

He is high. OPU's drop so fast at my store that we have one person that is all they do OPU orders with STS orders cause they can put them down. If I am keeping up with OPU orders I am lucky to pick two cars of SFS though a full 8hr shift. And that is only cause I keep an extra bar code with me so I take one cart and pick SFS orders into it, and switch over to OPU when they drop using the bar code so I don't have to waste time swapping carts.

At least in my store leadership has no fucking clue how SFS, OPU, STS work not a fucking clue. We have one ETL who thinks what he sees first thing in the morning is all there is so he shocked I tell you shocked when we the alerts go off after we clear the morning OPU's and more drop.. "I thought you picked them all?" Yes but they continue to drop all day, why I can't go push over the three uboats in HBA." Another seems to think that when alert goes off they have to call it out and why five second later that order isn't being picked.. "Well would you like me to to stop picking the batch of OPU's I am picking and start picking that one?" I wish I was kidding.

Push back and leave on time what is reasonable and what isn't. And with a shit show backrooms basics are not even reasonable at this point.

Boy, do I ever! Here's a thread I made almost a year ago:

I don't want to bump it, but this seems like a good time for me to do a follow-up. I'll change everyone's name for this, and pick random names starting at the first of the alphabet.
The girl who I mentioned near the end of that post that I'll call Andrea, around the time I got kicked off, was being scheduled mostly for SFS, but sometimes for BR or reverse logistics shifts. And if you saw her in the break room, it was very obvious what workcenter she was on for the day. If she was happy and talkative, she was BR or rev-logistics. If she was at the table in the corner not wanting to talk, she was SFS. Management wasn't happy with her numbers, so they started putting Ben there. Andrea was also incredibly good at SFS.
Ben is a good worker, but, surprisingly enough, couldn't pull off that <1% INF score, so he started getting scheduled there less and less. Then Charlie got put in. In mid October, Charlie told management point blank that he never wanted to work SFS again due to the GSTL constantly getting on his case about "missed goal times on grey orders". Because a grey line next to the name in myGo means we missed the goal time. We tried as hard as we could, but couldn't convince the GS team that this wasn't the case. Around this time, our store hired Daryll. Since nobody was applying for the SFS position from the store, they had to open it up to the outside. So he came in, and after a month started getting mostly backroom shifts. These 4 were the only people working SFS, and generally only worked it twice a week because we still needed somebody to work there.

This is where it starts to get real funny. In early November we hired Erin as a seasonal SFS worker, as well as a slew of others. Erin got about 2 days of training from Charlie (who is not the most sociable of people) and she was on her own. Not only that, but after only being there a week or so, SHE was the one who had to train the new seasonal hires! We had a seasonal training seasonals. Admittedly, she was very good for someone who had only worked there for less than a fortnight.
During Christmas, only seasonals worked on SFS. The workload last year (2018) was only about 20% of what it was in 2017 when I was running it. It dropped because we got so far behind. In 2017 we made $1.3 million for the fiscal year, and in 2018 we only made ~$700,000 or so, mostly due to the lack of Christmas orders.

I don't blame the seasonal team one bit. As far as I know they all tried their best, but how good can you be a job with minimal training and a completely new worker running it? After Christmas, all but 2 of them were let go. Erin and Frank stayed. The biggest reason they stayed is because literally nobody else in the store wants the job. An older backroom woman, Ms. Trenchbull (I'm skipping a few letters here), told me that she laughed in the face of the ETL who asked her if she wanted to run SFS, and knowing her personality, I completely believe her. TLs feel like they've given up on SFS now. They never mention the metrics, and only badger the SFS worker whenever a SPU drops.

So to sum all this up: Our store used to be the best ranked in our district in terms of fulfillment percentage and sales. Management (minus the STL, who was on LoA) wanted better, so they kept kicking the best people off blaming them for all of the supposed "problems." When I eventually find a new job (40 applications, nothing still), I'm incredibly temped to gift them a children's book about the goose that laid the golden egg as a parting gift.

Back