No they can not use SFS boxes, they have to use boxes that come from the RDC trucks. If you run out of boxes you either have to wait for an order of supplies to come in or hope that another store can share their supplies with you.

Does anyone know if pricing can use SFS boxes for salvage? I can’t find anything official but I could have sworn I was told they can’t by someone higher up. It is getting crazy the amount of boxes they are taking in my store.

Fuck NO!!! You are wasting supplies use crap boxes from the truck push.. When you take SFS boxes you are screwing with our ordering and how we use supplies and those supplies are hard enough to balance what we use and order and getting them in time.. And they are fucking expensive to boot.. Leadership should be putting a boot up the ass of the idiot who is taking them..

I also love the vendors who "coincidentally" know how to use the tape machine and how much they'll need and sneak up next to you and take your tape 😡

Fuck NO!!! You are wasting supplies use crap boxes from the truck push.. When you take SFS boxes you are screwing with our ordering and how we use supplies and those supplies are hard enough to balance what we use and order and getting them in time.. And they are fucking expensive to boot.. Leadership should be putting a boot up the ass of the idiot who is taking them..
I figured this was the case. And it is actually a TL who is taking them for the most part. I was walking to someone in SFS and she is getting annoyed as well. I'm not sure who to talk about this in my store because I bet my ETL won't really care and I haven't found anything official to show people

I don’t mind when people use my WAT, but one of the cart attendants at my store insists on using my boxes. Caught him in the act the other day and told him those weren’t for salvage, pointing to the ones designated for it. Grumbled under his breath and walked away. Couple days later found my boxes at GS and promptly took them back. Had a chat with the GSA after that.

We'll set aside the Sterilite boxes and use those for salvage before letting people take SFS boxes.

This has been the SOP at my store for the last ten years.. We have it so in grained the guys who push plastics leave them by the baler, I or pricing takes them. SFS uses one for all our bagged outbound, UPS loves it cause its neat in the truck. Well our driver likes it boxed, well open topped box so its clear its just container not a shipped item.

To the OP hammer home the point that its their laziness is costing the store in real dollars, those pallets are in the several hundred dollars for pallets of boxes, when they could get them for free every day. It also costs in man hours since you have restock quicker and in the event that you run out cause they take your last of a box now you are wasting time building boxes for your items and its not a good look to the guest to get a ghetto ass box from a multimillion dollar company. And what did they do before SFS?? Yeah got them from the truck push, they need to get with the flow team and who pushes plastics and work out a routine for collection of them. It's not your problem but they are making it one.

I would also dig into the GS roles and see what theirs has to say about boxing salvage.. You may find your direction there. :)

Can anyone enlighten me on what the schedule typically looks like for flex in your store?

I was originally hired as a Season A&A Team Member in November. That being said, I was trained in Flex, and I ended up spending at least 75% of my time doing OPU and SFS. Target is a second job for me, so my availability is a pretty limited. My target availability is weeknights (6pm - close), every other Saturday morning and every single Saturday afternoon (2pm - close), and any time on Sunday. This is the availability I've had from the start of my employment with Target. I was pulled into an office in the beginning of January, and was asked if I would like to become a permeant team member, and work in Flex rather than A&A. I accepted.

Ever since then, however, I've been getting less than 6 hours every other week. I guess I'm just wondering if that's probably due to my availability or something else? I haven't worked a weeknight since December. And while I was working every single Saturday and Sunday of November and December, now I work a 4-6 hour shift two times a month. I know that hours have been cut for the last couple of months, but I didn't think they would be cut this month.

I'd love to hear what the schedule looks like in other stores.

M-F: We have one opener ( 6AM-2:30PM ) & one closer ( 2PM- 10:30PM ). Opener picks, packs, does OPU, tries not to stress about it but fails to do so. That's typically me. The closer finishes packing if there are carts left, and pushes green clips between OPU. Simple enough most days /nights. No complaints. The weekends are usually where the problems arise. We have the opener, the closer, but a mid is a must IMO. Someone to cover the opener's lunch, and to pack because if OPU is heavy, I'm not in the back packing. Lately we haven't had one so either Backroom has to cover OPU or the LOD, in which time OPU gets to be red for pick on time. And if management wants green metrics, I need a mid.

As far as hours being split up, I would say it really depends on your pick times, INF, and your versatility. I give good results, and help out in other workcenters when time permits, so I'm scheduled to open most often. Consistently 38.75, though with the recent cuts, has become 32, which is good with me. Two other people get scheduled for opening the days I'm not there, and another person closes. They get around 15-20 hours I think?

Can anyone enlighten me on what the schedule typically looks like for flex in your store?

I was originally hired as a Season A&A Team Member in November. That being said, I was trained in Flex, and I ended up spending at least 75% of my time doing OPU and SFS. Target is a second job for me, so my availability is a pretty limited. My target availability is weeknights (6pm - close), every other Saturday morning and every single Saturday afternoon (2pm - close), and any time on Sunday. This is the availability I've had from the start of my employment with Target. I was pulled into an office in the beginning of January, and was asked if I would like to become a permeant team member, and work in Flex rather than A&A. I accepted.

Ever since then, however, I've been getting less than 6 hours every other week. I guess I'm just wondering if that's probably due to my availability or something else? I haven't worked a weeknight since December. And while I was working every single Saturday and Sunday of November and December, now I work a 4-6 hour shift two times a month. I know that hours have been cut for the last couple of months, but I didn't think they would be cut this month.

We don't have SFS, so perhaps not the best comparison. A backroom TM or a TL does flex from 6am to 8:30am. OPU opener comes in at 8:30 and takes over until 4pm. Closer comes in then and goes until well close. Right now, another TM and I work the 8:30-4 shift trading off every other day. On other days, we're scheduled hardlines or pick up stuff on swap and cover each other's breaks/meals, or just jump in to flex if necessary to make sure the queue is cleared with goal times being met.

Of note, we're a small, understaffed store. We don't have a lot of TMs to schedule for flex who can handle it. And, the higher ups having been breathing down STL's neck so much about our Q4 metrics that it's the number one priority for the new year. As a result those of us who can handle it right by consistently making goal times and keeping INF% low get hours

My store uses SFS boxes like candy for anything. Guest service is the only area that doesn’t use our boxes since they can’t get back here to get boxes. I don’t think we even have dedicated boxes for salvage.

Our opener for SFS comes in around 6 am, then stays anywhere from 5 hours to 8(11/2). More team members come in around 8/9 and 11/12, stay for four hours or until 5/6 when the closer comes in who stays in until an hour before close usually.
My store uses SFS boxes like candy for anything. Guest service is the only area that doesn’t use our boxes since they can’t get back here to get boxes. I don’t think we even have dedicated boxes for salvage.
Same here. Stopped fighting about it because the Leaders didn’t care, so I mostly just ask them to take the lesser used boxes first (277s).

So all of our Easter candy is still on pallets, but people can order it. My INF% got fucked in the ass today.

Same, but it's also the lawn and garden in pallets that's screwing me over -- moreso, in fact, since those are more high-cost items. I had a little time the other night so I was able to do a quick look-see with the Wave and remarkably found the item readily accessible so I didn't have to INF that $50 item, but countless other items, forget it. I'm not Crown-trained and I usually don't have time to wait for an LOD to pull it down, and then add in the time to look for the item, and then put the pallet back together so it doesn't fall apart.

We have two small bins for it at our store, and one big wheeled bin that stays mostly empty. Why would it do that, I hear you ask?

Because everyone just piles the salvage shit in and on top of the two smaller bins. And because it's no one's specific job to take care of the salvage, it just piles up and up and up until someone gets told to do it.

Ask your leadership. We don’t know your stores situation.

Morale is getting worse at my store. There's a handful of us left that know what best practice is and actually care about the workcenter. Current leadership is coaching people to not follow best practice. They're making us do things incorrectly. Not even following SFS modernization. Giving shifts to TMs who aren't backroom or flex certified. Letting other leaders overrun the SFS area and take up the limited space we have. Half of our equipment is missing, too. I've actually teared up out of frustration on a few occasions now.

Last edited:
Morale is getting worse at my store. There's a handful of us left that know what best practice is and actually care about the workcenter. Current leadership is coaching people to not follow best practice. They're making us do things incorrectly. Not even following SFS modernization. Giving shifts to TMs who aren't backroom or flex certified. Letting other leaders overrun the SFS area and take up the limited space we have. Half of our equipment is missing, too. I've actually teared up out of frustration on a few occasions now.

Hotline for the coaching of following best practice. But the rest I know, I walked out the other day when at noon our packing area still had flow crap all over it and I was told if I needed to pack was to move all that shit myself.. I said it was going to sit there until the flow got off their ass and cleaned up their own mess.. One of the LOG TL's told me it was still sitting there when they came in to work the next truck with all our carts jammed back there as well.. Not one box packed...

Does anyone know the information to find the WAT Machine brushes for reordering?

It's the black brushes that sit in the water bath and "lick" the tape as it comes out. Our's are getting quite stiff and mucked up and we need to replace them. Don't know if this is a SAP available item or if we need to order another way. Please advise.

Does anyone know the information to find the WAT Machine brushes for reordering?

It's the black brushes that sit in the water bath and "lick" the tape as it comes out. Our's are getting quite stiff and mucked up and we need to replace them. Don't know if this is a SAP available item or if we need to order another way. Please advise.
In our store the PMT orders them. He orders a lot just so we dont keep bugging him.

PMT thing, I replace once every six months, cause they get bent out of shape and sorry they start to just look messed up..

Its the WAT Brush Kit. But your PMT will probably be the one who orders it.

Back