If you're signed into Fulfillment in MyDay, just read your communications. There's a link to the July Addendum there and you just need to read our section of it. Since very few leads actually care about flex at all, unless we're in flames, no one has probably read about the changes at your store.
We still don’t have myDay so I still rely on this website.

Is one of the changes to be able to pull from floor instead of backroom?

This. It makes sense to pull from the backroom first for the majority of items. But, for many OPU items that are in bulk steel, it is way more efficient to just pull from the floor first, in order to meet goal times.

Also, I wish there was a way to view the items in an OPU batch BEFORE you tie it to a cart. When I'm already picking 3 orders and a new order drops for 12 items, whether that batch is 12 cans of soup or 12 pieces of apparel is going to determine whether or not I need to call for help.

This. It makes sense to pull from the backroom first for the majority of items. But, for many OPU items that are in bulk steel, it is way more efficient to just pull from the floor first, in order to meet goal times.

Also, I wish there was a way to view the items in an OPU batch BEFORE you tie it to a cart. When I'm already picking 3 orders and a new order drops for 12 items, whether that batch is 12 cans of soup or 12 pieces of apparel is going to determine whether or not I need to call for help.
I see you jump ship to be one of us yay thats what I'm talking about!! We're chilling no worries team tbh!! NICEE

You can enter the cart, see what it is, and then reset the cart. It should work. I did it recently when the order took me to a box stock of a patio set that I wasn't going to have time for

You can enter the cart, see what it is, and then reset the cart. It should work. I did it recently when the order took me to a box stock of a patio set that I wasn't going to have time for
Getting in the batch and then resetting the cart the time still counts .

I started work at the largest SFS site in our district as seasonal last year, got put on "full time" in Jan, which was 32 hours a week till April. the we had 40 hours for a few months now that we got our "raise" to 13, hours are cut back to 37 every week.

we have 6 pack stations. we no longer have USPS pickups(thank God, sorting by area was another waste of time and pallets). we have UPS and OnTrac now. i believe ontrac is doing the same day shipping? we get a lot less ontrac orders but they only seem to ship in or district, but our UPS goes all over the country now. we typically used to get 1200 orders every day,which was about 10-14 pallets each day. untill hours kept getting cut and we couldn't get them all picked by 430pm due to limited part time staff, call outs etc. so we would have carry over to the next day that still needed prep(such a waste of time) and pack. so that again puts us behind so they shut us down and give less orders, but then you guessed it we are then over staffed on the days where nothing is going on and half the team gets pushed to freight. this happens every week now.
I find the new map and layout of the epick to be hilarious as it doesn't account for backrooms and locked closets or grocery back room. so it will tell you to go-to one side of store then the other even though you were just over there in the backroom and now have to go back to the other side of the store.

most of our infs are softlines as well. they are understaffed and just have boxes of clothes taking up packing stations that are "on hand" and now I'm finding out softlines no longer backstocks clothes, so everything not on floor is "on hand" and you have to waste tons of time walking up and down isles and backstock locations as well as digging through boxes with rfid scanner to find shit.

and now with all the order 0ickups and drive ups we constantly have pickers pausing carts to do those every 5 min, so nothing gets done on time because we waste time picking 25 item grocery drive up lists for lazy people who won't come in and do their own shopping.

and now I find this when I walk in today.

If they let me do this for SFS I'd be so happy. There's always two of us going into Aisle 1 of the backroom at the same time because they don't group all backroom things into one batch. For whatever reason.

Hey guys, any advice for a new fulfilment lead? If it's something you wish your TL knew, I want to know.

1) Pay attention to what's going on. You monitor the OPU drops. Don't expect the TM doing the picking to exit their cart at every alert to see whether they can handle everything. Just let them pick. Lead by monitoring things and getting help for your TMs when you think they need it.

2) Know who your good TMs are. As long as they are putting up expected metrics, don't micromanage. Let them INF when they need to without asking you. If need be, ask them what happened after the fact and teach them what you would have liked them to do differently.

3) When TMs do ask you for help, don't waste their time. For example, if an item wasn't supposed to be delivered that day, don't send them back to the line to check just in case when the odds are 0.0000000000000000001% the item is back there.

4) Pay attention to what areas of the store your TMs struggle in more than others. Work with higher ups to get those areas better.

5) Don't hire morons who will ruin the numbers for the store and bring heat on everyone in the department.

6) Congrats and good luck!

Last edited:
Hey guys, any advice for a new fulfilment lead? If it's something you wish your TL knew, I want to know.
1) If you have several OPU batches and a goal approaching alert pops up, don’t walkie for everybody to hurry up. Lookup the last 4 digits of the order number in the pickup app and communicate with the team who’s picking the items in the order. That person should be bringing it to hold or explaining the item they need to INF. Telling everybody on OPU batches to hurry up stresses everybody.

2) Hold INFs accountability to a level. Look at the amount of units picked and INFed units instead of the system saying the TM is red, yellow or green in INFs. Someone who picked 7 units and INF 1 unit for OPU last week looks red in the system but shouldn’t be talked/coached unless it happens repeatedly.

3) Use logical sense when telling someone to check before INF. Delivered or auto pulled today; let’s check the line and any push vehicles in the department. No delivery date, sold within 70 days and 4 on-hand; let’s double check in the backroom aisles it’s suppose to be located incase it’s not scanned into location. Sold within 14 days; let’s check guest service and TMs in that respective department.

Edit:
4) Appreciate your team every once in a while with something if you can. Say thank you or good job to them for doing the workload. The little thank you goes a long way.
Also a TL who doesn’t say thank you to a TM in a different department supporting SFS or OPU makes people feel unappreciated and unwilling to do a good job.

Last edited:
I don’t see how combining the OPU and Drive Up batches is supposed to streamline picking. The timer is more ideal, especially if the sky is falling and both are just constantly dropping. Does it combine goal times?

We have been hammered with furniture and luggage , thanks to the glitch ....
between this and the no dcpi keyed in on Saturday , it is getting tougher to have green metrics ..
Anyone else have a hard time with epick being very slow and quit working all together ?

Yep it was so bad blowing through goal times like nothing today. Just sitting and waiting on the system to move to the next item.

We have been hammered with furniture and luggage , thanks to the glitch ....
between this and the no dcpi keyed in on Saturday , it is getting tougher to have green metrics ..
Anyone else have a hard time with epick being very slow and quit working all together ?
Everything was quiet and then 8:15 rolls around and i kid you not 14 alerts in 30 seconds. 30 eaches worth of furniture, infant furniture, and luggage. It was a nightmare for me being the only one scheduled. And yea epick being super slow today was the absolute worst.

Back