This is why I want 1 hour goal times back. 18 timers going for 18 orders that popped in I swear with in a 15 minute window. Ridiculous.
View attachment 8228

Around what time of day was that today? I believe Target.com was having issues getting us orders today. Had a couple of guests call in to ask why their orders weren't ready who swore that it had been over 2 hours. It had to the point been a fairly slow day for me and the service desk TM asked me about the orders. No, I said, I haven't picked anything like those. Suddenly got slammed a little while later and both of the callers' orders popped in at that time.

Around what time of day was that today? I believe Target.com was having issues getting us orders today. Had a couple of guests call in to ask why their orders weren't ready who swore that it had been over 2 hours. It had to the point been a fairly slow day for me and the service desk TM asked me about the orders. No, I said, I haven't picked anything like those. Suddenly got slammed a little while later and both of the callers' orders popped in at that time.
1:43p CT on the Timer notification. So roughly 16-25 minutes prior.

This OPU under front end thing is gonna be hilarious. I'm training some of our front end peeps how to pick and all that yet front end leadership keeps putting the trainees on registers even if OPUs drop.

How do you expect to have your OPU person to do a register and pick for goal time.

This OPU under front end thing is gonna be hilarious. I'm training some of our front end peeps how to pick and all that yet front end leadership keeps putting the trainees on registers even if OPUs drop.

How do you expect to have your OPU person to do a register and pick for goal time.

Thats very much ASANTS.. my store is leaving picking to the flex fulfillment team and just having the front end team handle giving the order to the guest.

We're getting DU in a couple of weeks and because communication is so great at Spot, I actually haven't been told if we're picking the items (I assume we are) and front end is just taking them out. But it's gonna be a disaster as we keep losing front end people. But OPUs are creeping up and up and making the big batches in SFS take even longer. There's no way we can have one person doing SFS, OPU and DU, even as a ULV store. But, again, nobody tells us anything.

Actually you are wrong . Ask your etl hr why hours are taking away from engagement service? He will say they are giving to sfs team member to do the opu, because he probably doesn’t want to ruin whatever minimal green metrics you might have. But believe me anything to do with opu belongs to etl he. And once I threw the book at him and said as of the next schedule no sfs team will do opu he said okay , because he can’t argue what he can’t win.
no, you're wrong. it's not the service and engagement team's responsibility to pick orders whatsoever. check in the june addendum how hours are actually allocated:

"Fulfillment: Workload for SFS picking and packing OPU/Drive Up picking and Return to Stock functions."

it makes no sense for the front end to be picking orders. you still own that.
I’m at a store that does not have SFS but still earns hours in the flexible fulfillment bucket which falls under the General merch umbrella (previously logistics) not service and engagement. Before modernization we earned hours for both flexible fulfillment and order pickup because they’re separate works centers. Flexible is picking and placing the orders, while order pickup processed the orders. The only reason guest service earned those hours is because they wanted 2 people so OPU guests were the priority (that’s a whole different discussion). In no way shape or form is the front end team responsible for picking OPU/Drive up orders. This falls 100% on the fulfillment team and you earn the hours for it.

Check the attached photos. Fulfillment including OPU falls under General merch umbrella

Attachments

• 6DE077D8-E353-4DC4-A4D4-17AB395405BE.jpeg
    6DE077D8-E353-4DC4-A4D4-17AB395405BE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • D8DA7D70-38CF-403E-8C00-F2F41457C321.jpeg
    D8DA7D70-38CF-403E-8C00-F2F41457C321.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I’m at a store that does not have SFS but still earns hours in the flexible fulfillment bucket which falls under the General merch umbrella (previously logistics) not service and engagement. Before modernization we earned hours for both flexible fulfillment and order pickup because they’re separate works centers. Flexible is picking and placing the orders, while order pickup processed the orders. The only reason guest service earned those hours is because they wanted 2 people so OPU guests were the priority (that’s a whole different discussion). In no way shape or form is the front end team responsible for picking OPU/Drive up orders. This falls 100% on the fulfillment team and you earn the hours for it.

Check the attached photos. Fulfillment including OPU falls under General merch umbrella

The problem here, according to my HR-ETL, is that they aren't really giving us enough hours to do both the picking and the getting guests their orders bit to handle volume. We're comping over 300% YTD on OPUs/DUs. And that alone is accounting for 3-4% of store sales on a weekly basis. Pickups are just incredibly popular at my location. However, since our payroll hours are based on previous years' sales and laughably low projections, we have to combine the GS hours and the GM hours for OPUs to get full coverage. We're getting some flex hours at the end of every month, but the rest of the store is so far behind that well, those hours really do need to be used elsewhere. So, we're just putting OPUs under the service desk and combining the hours for both work centers because that's working fairly well as far as meeting goals and not irritating our primary picker (me) too much. For various reasons I won't go into, I'd rather be scheduled under the front end at this point in time and HR is respecting that.

Last edited:
The problem here, according to my HR-ETL, is that they aren't really giving us enough hours to do both the picking and the getting guests their orders bit to handle volume. We're comping over 300% YTD on OPUs/DUs. And that alone is accounting for 3-4% of store sales on a weekly basis. Pickups are just incredibly popular at my location. However, since our payroll hours are based on previous years' sales and laughably low projections, we have to combine the GS hours and the GM hours for OPUs to get full coverage. We're getting some flex hours at the end of every month, but the rest of the store is so far behind that well, those hours really do need to be used elsewhere. So, we're just putting OPUs under the service desk and combing the hours for both work centers because that's working fairly well as far as meeting goals and not irritating our primary picker (me) too much. For various reasons I won't go into, I'd rather be scheduled under the front end at this point in time and HR is respecting that.
See I get that and thatsbyour store using their hours to best fit the business. I was saying that the other person was wrong saying it’s HQ directive that the front end deals with OPU picking.

In no way shape or form is the front end team responsible for picking OPU/Drive up orders. This falls 100% on the fulfillment team and you earn the hours for it.

So the picking hours for the Fulfillment team are for picking SFS and OPU or just SFS?

My store has SFS workcenter with 2 people keyed as OPU, a main and a backup. Guest service has a Order Pickup workcenter listed under them which I thought was to process orders to the guest. The 2 people keyed OPU in the SFS workcenter are going to move to Guest Service. I hope SFS isn’t losing they’re earned hours.

This is why I want 1 hour goal times back. 18 timers going for 18 orders that popped in I swear with in a 15 minute window. Ridiculous.
View attachment 8228

When did your store get the ePick update? We're still waiting. These 40+ DU orders lately are getting to me.

Edit: Nevermind. Ours updated this morning like 90 minutes after I posted this. 🤦🏻‍♂️ It is moving a lot faster now too!

Last edited:
So the picking hours for the Fulfillment team are for picking SFS and OPU or just SFS?

My store has SFS workcenter with 2 people keyed as OPU, a main and a backup. Guest service has a Order Pickup workcenter listed under them which I thought was to process orders to the guest. The 2 people keyed OPU in the SFS workcenter are going to move to Guest Service. I hope SFS isn’t losing they’re earned hours.
Fulfillment hours are for both SFS and OPU.

When did your store get the ePick update? We're still waiting. These 40+ DU orders lately are getting to me.

Edit: Nevermind. Ours updated this morning like 90 minutes after I posted this. 🤦🏻‍♂️ It is moving a lot faster now too!
Yeah we got the OPU update this morning. I was wondering why ePick wouldn’t open. But the timers are manually set by me while it’s my primary OPU watch.

@taytay feedback on the epick update. Overall, it seems to work well. I'm not sure why we need to click "pickup" to see the batches though. Seems like an unecessary step. Also, it would be great if epick didn't auto combine orders together. Now, that we can take as many as we want at a time, we don't need them combined for us. That way, we can just take say a 1(1) order if we only have a few minutes left on it without taking other orders that came in after it but before we could get to it.

@taytay feedback on the epick update. Overall, it seems to work well. I'm not sure why we need to click "pickup" to see the batches though. Seems like an unecessary step. Also, it would be great if epick didn't auto combine orders together. Now, that we can take as many as we want at a time, we don't need them combined for us. That way, we can just take say a 1(1) order if we only have a few minutes left on it without taking other orders that came in after it but before we could get to it.
I miss how orders were displayed on the PDA. Guest name, order number. I’d like a indication as to if they are OPU or DU but I feel like I’m asking too much 🙄

Back