2 people scheduled for OPU this morning and just like yesterday my seasonal help NCNS'd. Different person than the day before even. ePick was a sea of red batches. They finally started calling TMs from other WCs to help me, but that just led to a constant stream of questions. "SeasonalDude, where's this backroom location?" "SeasonalDude, I scanned the shelf label but we don't have the item what do I do?" "SeasonalDude, how are you supposed to put stuff in hold locations?" "SeasonalDude can you come get this thing off the top shelf for me?"

It's a miracle I got anything accomplished.

We are 1700 units late as of now. With 1100 in gun for tommorow. And 600 for the 2nd.

Not even going to talk about the clusterfuck the past two days. Not. Even.

My booty hole was NOT prepared for this onslaught. It'a been bad every year in sfs. But this year...

Im just wondering if or when we'll get caught up or shut off. Still over 1000 to pick 500 to pack of todays, and over 4000 already for tomorrow. Even with 6 pack stations its not gonna happen, especially with how slow the seasonals are.

We got the 4:30 batches done on time, but it was already over 600 for the sort by store close. Ouch. We did almost as many OPUs as SFS by the time I left but our POT was in the red. Chaos.

So apparently the store gets fined for having 300 late OPUs...

Yesterday, our actual OPU units were almost double our forecasted units. We had 2 openers scheduled. One NCNS'd. We had a mid come in well mid-morning. And then nobody else scheduled until 2 closers came in late afternoon. But, that schedule is what the forecast called for. Of course we were in complete flames when we go so far above forecast. And, don't even get me started on how much longer it takes to pick because they keep sending us toys and seasonal crap that we have no room for so it just piles up in the back on pallets or sits on uboats that get shoved into seemingly every backroom aisle. It's ridiculous that I have to pull 3 Uboats out of an aisle just so I can get in to grab a T-shirt. Stop sending us so much goddamn candy! No one is buying the Ghiradelli's. We don't need 1000 eaches of every variety!

But, sure go ahead and fine us. That's clearly what we need to avoid missing goal times in the future.

Confirmed by USA Today. Ck in the news thread.
Looked here.
Yesterday, our actual OPU units were almost double our forecasted units. We had 2 openers scheduled. One NCNS'd. We had a mid come in well mid-morning. And then nobody else scheduled until 2 closers came in late afternoon. But, that schedule is what the forecast called for. Of course we were in complete flames when we go so far above forecast. And, don't even get me started on how much longer it takes to pick because they keep sending us toys and seasonal crap that we have no room for so it just piles up in the back on pallets or sits on uboats that get shoved into seemingly every backroom aisle. It's ridiculous that I have to pull 3 Uboats out of an aisle just so I can get in to grab a T-shirt. Stop sending us so much goddamn candy! No one is buying the Ghiradelli's. We don't need 1000 eaches of every variety!

But, sure go ahead and fine us. That's clearly what we need to avoid missing goal times in the future.

Where can I find that info about the fines please?

Seasonals are not supposed to pack.
Believe me, I’m very much aware of that. Seasonals are to pick, and vets pack, but because most of them do not understand that they can’t be spending two hours to pick a batch, they’ve had us vets do the picking and the seasonals pack. Turns out they’re incapable of doing that too. Who knew? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back