I was the auditor for my team, and then got yelled at since ~auditing is the SD's job~ so whatever, we're getting orders cut while our store's comps are down double-digit percentages for the month. Makes sense to have us punished for having to look for the same item multiple times.
I've been told auditing is TL/ETL/SD job. But lol I will audit as I please. Especially seasonal trash.

So far so good today. I have 5 people on OPU, 2 on SFS. SFS is almost done, OPU has been 100% on time. INF for SFS is over 30%, but I was able to audit a ton of our problem items. Hope all of you are hanging in there!

Started cleaning up/resetting the pack station space. I stowed a dozen carts, we have just shy of 30 total. Which made me wonder how other stores deal with their excess carts after 4Q? Interested to hear, maybe I am not even doing it right. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I had my team audit seasonal like crazy a couple weeks ago to avoid the typical insane last minute OPU guests. Luckily it paid off and we’re at 5.7% for the month

Damn, I should have read this thread earlier. Definitely dropped the ball here.

🤔 would be a good motivational tool if I assigned audit duty to the TM with the highest INF%. Course they'd probably F that up too. 🙄

Started cleaning up/resetting the pack station space. I stowed a dozen carts, we have just shy of 30 total. Which made me wonder how other stores deal with their excess carts after 4Q? Interested to hear, maybe I am not even doing it right. 🤷🏻‍♂️
We have 6. Lol

I too cleaned up the pack station. We had piles of cardboard that case pack pulling seasonals left. Reshop, a pallet of opu bags, and other assorted mess. I got most of it tidied up, will do some more tomorrow.

I want to get everything organized for my TL before I start my remodel position. He hasn't ordered supplies, didn't know how to load the WAT machine, doesn't know how to replace the airbags, etc... They are taking me and the other go-to person so I want to be sure he's in good shape before we go.

We palletize ours (they can be flipped and stacked on top of each other) and wrap them up and throw them in the extra steel space we use for boxes during Q4.

Damn, I should have read this thread earlier. Definitely dropped the ball here.

🤔 would be a good motivational tool if I assigned audit duty to the TM with the highest INF%. Course they'd probably F that up too. 🙄

If you're thinking of it as a punishment, won't someone always have to have the highest INF% ? Seems to me you'll only push people to cheat.

In a similar vein, sometimes I get asked to go into paused carts to find items and "take the hit" of INF 'ing the products.

If you're thinking of it as a punishment, won't someone always have to have the highest INF% ? Seems to me you'll only push people to cheat.

In a similar vein, sometimes I get asked to go into paused carts to find items and "take the hit" of INF 'ing the products.

The goal is under 9% for Ship and 5% for Pickup. There will always be INFs. And if we audit regularly, it wouldn't continue to be a punishment cause the audit list should shrink in time. It's more of creating awareness of the issue for the worst offenders.

As for paused carts with missed items, as the TL, I'm happy to take the hit for the team. I'd rather they have better pick speeds though, so I'd also be taking the hit on productivity as well. There shouldn't be any paused carts though and they should be able to find everything.

I’m constantly picking paused carts and inf-ing stuff for seasonals. I don’t even want to know what my scores look like at this point. Sometimes I come into work to five pauses carts!

The goal is under 9% for Ship and 5% for Pickup. There will always be INFs. And if we audit regularly, it wouldn't continue to be a punishment cause the audit list should shrink in time. It's more of creating awareness of the issue for the worst offenders.

As for paused carts with missed items, as the TL, I'm happy to take the hit for the team. I'd rather they have better pick speeds though, so I'd also be taking the hit on productivity as well. There shouldn't be any paused carts though and they should be able to find everything.

If our SD says to pause them, we do. No different than I'd he decides not assign time for OH signing. I don't do it.

I’m constantly picking paused carts and inf-ing stuff for seasonals. I don’t even want to know what my scores look like at this point. Sometimes I come into work to five pauses carts!
Myself and one of the other regulars are the go-to auditors of paused carts, so both of our scores are red. My ETL and SD both stated they know why our scores are red and they know it's not an accurate representation of our work. They know the scores would be worse across the board if everybody could INF on their own. They trust that we look everywhere and will audit if we don't find the item.

Until they decide that they want you gone and they have your red inf metrics to their advantage.
Spend more time looking to lower your INF and your UPH will tank. Sometimes you just can't win, especially during the holidays. If the store itself were perfect, everything that gets ordered would either be located in the backroom or on the salesfloor where it belongs. That there's a need to hunt things down is outside of fulfillment's control, although I'm sure you knew that already.

We stopped going into other carts aka Seasonals to find items and "take the hit" of INF 'ing items. Nope, not happening this year!! 😂😂

Spend more time looking to lower your INF and your UPH will tank. Sometimes you just can't win, especially during the holidays. If the store itself were perfect, everything that gets ordered would either be located in the backroom or on the salesfloor where it belongs. That there's a need to hunt things down is outside of fulfillment's control, although I'm sure you knew that already.

I meant it in regards to taking the INF hit for everyone else pausing their carts. There are leaders who will absolutely say they understand that's why your scores are red until they want you gone. "CYA".

Last edited:
Back