We ran out of 278, but they sent us a bunch of the coveted 285 for remodel. They got passed on to us so we've been using them.

My ETL just texted me to ask if I want to come in tomorrow for OT to purge the backroom food with the leaders. More OT baby.

We ran out of 278, but they sent us a bunch of the coveted 285 for remodel. They got passed on to us so we've been using them.

My ETL just texted me to ask if I want to come in tomorrow for OT to purge the backroom food with the leaders. More OT baby.
Coveted 285? We keep those stocked in our pack stations, I figured everyone did!

We're running low on 278s, 438s, small ESIMs and prep tape. With the latter, we can use gripper tape instead, but that's being used a lot more these days because of liquids being bought more frequently now! I believe they've been ordered, but it seems like they order the wrong stuff half the time (wrong sizes, uselessly low quantities).

When you said you were off the weekend, I figured that wouldn't last, lol.

Off today, been working 4a-1230p last week and upcoming weeks to get a jump on SFS before turning to OPU at 6am. Also have a TM coming at 6a to work OPU. Of course yesterday, 6a OPU person call out, so when I jumped in there were 25 batches with 350+eaches. Ended up working OPUs all day with another team member, stayed late - our team ended up barely getting 430s done (but we did!) - when I left at 2p, we had filled 800 OPU eaches and 600 SFS. Plus no TP, cleaning supplies, OTC cold meds, canned goods, pasta, breads, etc. 75 people were in line at 7am yesterday when we opened. INF was ugly, to be polite.

It's nuts. Tomorrow, back in at 4am - should be interesting.

Is there (was there ever) a grace period on OPU picks for same day deliveries? Love / hate relationship with OPUs showing deliveries of obscure cosmetics that morning that are delivered at 345am, truck is huge and not finished until 11a and the batch is due at 8am.....

The eternal struggle.....

Is there (was there ever) a grace period on OPU picks for same day deliveries? Love / hate relationship with OPUs showing deliveries of obscure cosmetics that morning that are delivered at 345am, truck is huge and not finished until 11a and the batch is due at 8am.....

The eternal struggle.....
Unfortunately no once the truck is acknowledged everything on it is fair game

Yesterday was my last day as a fulfillment expert - it’s been really great and I learned so much! :D I will miss my team a lot.

At the same time, leadership wants the OPU and SFS orders to drop as soon as possible. If we acknowledge the truck later on, we may not get those potential orders according to leadership.
that's the conflict - the SFS orders can wait a bit for the truck to be emptied, and some merch pushed (or at least findable in back) but the OPU batches and their tighter time frames result in built-in failure.

Plus guests are grabbing the items off shelves, but potentially haven't purchased them yet. or OUTS and Reshop due to higher sales = INF.

Yesterday was just insane. We had over 1000 eaches to start the day, and then triple digits already for the next 4 days. They were calling everyone on Thursday to come in yesterday. I went in on my day off and wound up working 6:30am-ish to 7pm (but still didn't hit 30 hours for the week, go figure, ugh). First 4-5 carts were INF city for TP, Canned goods, cleaning products, etc.. I was so happy when my last two carts more random items and I had maybe 1 INF, lol. We called people from other depts to help pack, and we managed to actually finish the days workload by goal time, so yay.

I don't really think acknowledging the trailer before unload or after is a real make it or break it for OPU, as long as inbounds is getting it unloaded and sorted in good time. We've tried it both ways at my store and I don't think it made a big difference for INFs or order volume. When we were waiting to acknowledge the truck we did discover something that we weren't expecting: we actually had some INFs that could have been avoided if the picker had known the item was delivered that morning. For example, your on hands might be slightly off due to an earlier uncaught mispick (extremely common for items that come in HBA repacks) or theft, but because you are below replenishment level that one item you got it delivered. We'd INF items that made it to the shelf later in the day. Those INFs offset any INFs from acknowleding the trailer before unload. It was a wash.

Also, as the person picking, not acknowledging the trailer was kind of annoying because I never knew if the item I needed was possibly sitting on a vehicle back in receiving, so there was a lot more checking just in case. I'd change this calculus if your trailer isn't finished unloading until late morning, but if you're normally done by 9 or so then it makes no real difference for OPU.

softlines breakout is 20 days behind
You too!! This seems to be the trend in my district. It's not the sort TM"s it's the push TM"s in Softlines. Everyday I've had to move pallets twice sometimes three times, just to get freight behind the pallet or bring it back to the sort area for the sort team to breakout the oldest freight. I want to go back to the way it was. Earlier the better to unload and have people pushing freight before store opens!

You too!! This seems to be the trend in my district. It's not the sort TM"s it's the push TM"s in Softlines. Everyday I've had to move pallets twice sometimes three times, just to get freight behind the pallet or bring it back to the sort area for the sort team to breakout the oldest freight. I want to go back to the way it was. Earlier the better to unload and have people pushing freight before store opens!
I feel your pain, I really do LOL

Back