What it is, basically, is a giant nightmare - my DSD sent out an email saying that we needed to try to pick ahead as far as possible because it’s giving you orders based on the fact that you had a specific item when the order dropped in. Then, you go 2 days later to pick your order and it says you have -2 on hand of everything because guests already bought it lol

Yep and the leadership in the building saw that we were ahead a day and decided to pull us for other things.. I know my TL and ETL will be freaking out when they see we basically picked nothing for the day.

So, we're completely out of OPU pick labels despite ordering numerous times. We can get a single box rushed to us for $300, but since it will only last 2 weeks before we're out again SD is hesitant and rightfully so. We're using shelf labels now and it fucking sucks. We can't figure out how to get the printer to work with them. It'll only print every other time you try. So we have to hit reprint every single time we need a label. Tearing the backing off them so you can stick them to a bag/item is another pain in the ass. It's killing our productivity. Come on, corporate, get your stores an adequate supply of labels before Q4 (and bags!!!!) or you better be giving us extra payroll to handle the increased picking time.

Two small hacks that might help since I've been through this multiple times:
We can't figure out how to get the printer to work with them. It'll only print every other time you try.
When taking a printed label, pull the next one out of the printer just a bit and 8/10 times it'll print normally on the following label.
Tearing the backing off them so you can stick them to a bag/item is another pain
Before taking a label, peel the larger 2/3rds of the backing off and leave it attached the the roll instead of ripping it. After the first one's peeled each subsequent one can be taken without as much hassle.

Hope this made sense and helps you guys out! Shelf labels with opu sucks big time.

Two small hacks that might help since I've been through this multiple times:

When taking a printed label, pull the next one out of the printer just a bit and 8/10 times it'll print normally on the following label.

Before taking a label, peel the larger 2/3rds of the backing off and leave it attached the the roll instead of ripping it. After the first one's peeled each subsequent one can be taken without as much hassle.

Hope this made sense and helps you guys out! Shelf labels with opu sucks big time.

THANK YOU! I will try it out.

So, we're completely out of OPU pick labels despite ordering numerous times. We can get a single box rushed to us for $300, but since it will only last 2 weeks before we're out again SD is hesitant and rightfully so. We're using shelf labels now and it fucking sucks. We can't figure out how to get the printer to work with them. It'll only print every other time you try. So we have to hit reprint every single time we need a label. Tearing the backing off them so you can stick them to a bag/item is another pain in the ass. It's killing our productivity. Come on, corporate, get your stores an adequate supply of labels before Q4 (and bags!!!!) or you better be giving us extra payroll to handle the increased picking time.

We order a case at least every other week. Along with bags five cases of both small and large every week. We have started a pallet in the steel to make sure we have enough. We are heavy volume OPU store and the last week have been blowing through a case of large bags in a day. It gets to insane levels at 4th quarter.. To the point we take over offices to have hold space.

And my hacks are the same as above. But in general order heavy and order often.

Last edited:
Anyone know a quick fix for epic error 9004 other than restarting the device? I'm literally the only person in the store who gets this constantly. It happens maybe... 3 times per cart. I've been carrying two devices for the last 2 weeks.

Have you reached out to other stores? My store is always being asked for supplies since we pretty stocked at all times.

Yeah, everyone else in the area is also out or nearly out of pick labels. We're told it's a global problem getting them right now.
We are out as well doesn’t help that you can only order one box at a time. I have to make multiple orders to get multiple boxes

Anyone know a quick fix for epic error 9004 other than restarting the device? I'm literally the only person in the store who gets this constantly. It happens maybe... 3 times per cart. I've been carrying two devices for the last 2 weeks.
Go to HUB (app; third page)<This Device<Profiles<Select the profiles that has “tcwireless” in the name<touch Re-apply Profile<let it reset the internet connection and then you should be good to go.

Last edited:
How do you tell how many ship-alones are for the present day vs the next day since they are all lumped together? We end up scanning into a batch and one of us will watch if it changes today’s number or tomorrow’s number to try to figure it out. We try not to work ahead with those to avoid getting too many. Hoping someone on here has a better method!
We will pick SIO until the pack app lists some for 10:30pm or the next day. Or, if we are picking Standard batches to be packed after upcoming Sort time, but MPM says we still have some to pick then we know those are SIOs

Honestly, it'd be better to work ahead with those. When batches drop in for tomorrow and the day after, they're based on the OHs when they drop not when they're due. If you hold off until the next day, the units in those batches could have been sold already, forcing you to INF.
We were working ahead for a bit, but then they started throwing more and more at us since we were working ahead and it got to the point where we had a ridiculous number of people working on ship-alones and were having a hard time getting them done. So, we went back to completing today’s only.

Go to HUB (app; second page)<This Device<Profiles<Select the profiles that has “tcwireless” in the name<touch Re-apply Profile<let it reset the internet connection and then you should be good to go.
How do you do this on the updated devices?

Back