Our pick and inf are red all the time due to the seasonals, but we've still done 2-3k+ most days and were chosen to be extra capacity the last 2 days. Idk who makes these decisions lol

My store is the total opposite of your guys'. They want my Fulfillment Experts to be on the floor doing guest service while picking, wearing bright Target red. When we rolled out that dumb "GUEST" acronym, my SD decided to start making me coach my Ful TMs about greeting EVERY guest they walk by and engaging/selling while they're working. To make this worse, there is never any GM coverage after like 1pm, so my team is usually the only people on that side of the building in an A volume store.

"Jimmy from fulfillment, can you help with that TV carry out?"

"Fulfillment Timmy, can you go help that guest in pets?"

"Fulfillment Becky, can you help clean up that spill in chemicals?"

Then he has the audacity to start riding them about why they aren't meeting their goals for UPH. Can NOT win
I just transferred stores and my new one is similar to this. If a guest needs something, we're expected to stop what we're doing and help them; no if's, and's, or but's. If it's something quick, I don't usually mind, but if something more difficult, I would prefer to offload it to a salesfloor TM. I got chewed out over the walkie for asking for assistance when I couldn't locate something for a guest. We'll see how long they keep this policy once OPU times drop to 90 mins and we start missing goal times.

We did 8500 yesterday, all green & on time - forecast for today was 5500 - we've received 900. So that sucks....

Question: why did they give nearly everyone overtime this week (if they have open availability), and then they ask for all of it back? It’s beyond slow now that the cyber Monday orders have been shipped out, so why did they give so many hours for the entire week?

My store is the total opposite of your guys'. They want my Fulfillment Experts to be on the floor doing guest service while picking, wearing bright Target red. When we rolled out that dumb "GUEST" acronym, my SD decided to start making me coach my Ful TMs about greeting EVERY guest they walk by and engaging/selling while they're working. To make this worse, there is never any GM coverage after like 1pm, so my team is usually the only people on that side of the building in an A volume store.

"Jimmy from fulfillment, can you help with that TV carry out?"

"Fulfillment Timmy, can you go help that guest in pets?"

"Fulfillment Becky, can you help clean up that spill in chemicals?"

Then he has the audacity to start riding them about why they aren't meeting their goals for UPH. Can NOT win
Fuck, that, shit.

But...it goes out at the same time as everything else save like...after 430pm maybe. Ive never seen a priority that's also a rush/next day air lol.

Exactly. I called CSC and they said that the Priority distinction was done by corporate solely as a courtesy to people ordering things like soap and sanitizer and that the guest did not pay for expedited shipping on them. We can, and do, scan them to the same pallet as the other stuff. If they did pay for expedited shipping, it would be a Rush, Next-Day Air and require a new pallet barcode and would be given to the panel truck drivers instead. Our panel truck UPS guy would laugh at us back at the beginning of the pandemic when I'd hand him one of these "Rush" packages, and that's why I caller CSC because I knew we were making a big deal out of nothing. It's just corporate trying to make our lives more difficult.

They started the priority thing because of the pandemic with soap and other essentials like someone said, but they seemed to have continued it to high demand items like that baby yoda ornament and all the black friday/cyber monday deals so those items get picked first so they don't sit in the system for hours and get bought by guests

They started the priority thing because of the pandemic with soap and other essentials like someone said, but they seemed to have continued it to high demand items like that baby yoda ornament and all the black friday/cyber monday deals so those items get picked first so they don't sit in the system for hours and get bought by guests
I've done "priority" orders for cheezits before. Broken system is broken lol.

Has anybody else gone through their phone gallery and realized that it's full of pictures of containers to sort, pictures of various items on zebras, jacked up pallets, opu orders that need to be researched, messed up things on the salesfloor and grids?

Or is that just me? :D
When I die, my kids will go through all the pictures on my laptop that have transferred from my phone (because I suck at it and just transfer everything). And they will see all the pictures of screwed-up orders, and rotten bananas picked for an OPU, and pack stations that look like a pack of toddlers took over, and screenshots of "0 on floor, 0 in back, -171 on hand", and they will say, "Well, no wonder mom died."

My TL didn't know about the 90-minute goals tomorrow until I mentioned how ~excited~ I am for our already-struggling seasonals to deal with it. So, that builds confidence in my team. 😑
This is why I print info out and leave it taped up in Ship/OPU...my TL and ETL rarely check communication or relay it to the team, so I just do.

Though half the time I bring stuff up and still get "wait what" looks from people. I just...I don't even know, man. I even highlight keywords to draw attention. What else can I do? Lol.

It is really concerning how little communication there is in some stores. I got information about the 90 minute goal times from my DSD a month ago a day or 2 before i posted it here.

It is really concerning how little communication there is in some stores. I got information about the 90 minute goal times from my DSD a month ago a day or 2 before i posted it here.
Mine is a case of overworked leadership, mostly. And, as I mentioned, TMs just...not reading...
We have one ETL over our whole store, and my TL is in charge of POG, P2 parts of the store, AND does truck some mornings. Fulfillment is only important when it's being the problem child lol.

This is why I print info out and leave it taped up in Ship/OPU...my TL and ETL rarely check communication or relay it to the team, so I just do.

Though half the time I bring stuff up and still get "wait what" looks from people. I just...I don't even know, man. I even highlight keywords to draw attention. What else can I do? Lol.
What's the file format? If editable, enlarge the keywords to 24+ font. And make them hot pink.

Mine is a case of overworked leadership, mostly. And, as I mentioned, TMs just...not reading...
We have one ETL over our whole store, and my TL is in charge of POG, P2 parts of the store, AND does truck some mornings. Fulfillment is only important when it's being the problem child lol.
Small format? Thats a rough workload but communication and planning is the most important part of leadership. If your store hasnt been scheduling according to forecasts and planning for this change it might be rough for your team.

Small format? Thats a rough workload but communication and planning is the most important part of leadership. If your store hasnt been scheduling according to forecasts and planning for this change it might be rough for your team.
Not all that small, no. Just never got a new ETL after one left a few years ago. And now we're down a TL but not hiring. It's...quite the decision/situation.

What's the file format? If editable, enlarge the keywords to 24+ font. And make them hot pink.
I just print right off of workbench if I see a communication on MyDay. So, no formatting. We use Chromebooks now, too, so no Word to paste to and reformat in. So colored highlighters is my go-to. Trying to convince my team to check MyDay themselves...but since ePick still routes to MyWork they don't use the new app enough for it to stick lol.

Ah thats rough we lost a few tls and an etl at the beginning of covid. Luckily we are only down and setl amd a style tl rn. Not having a specialty etl for 6 months was pretty rough. We were also kind of lucky in the point that we had qualified for an extra gm tl since we have increased in volume over the years. We also had 3 tms on the "bench" ready to fill in temporary roles as well.

Back