You know your store is fucked when they shut OPU/SFS off so they can have the bodies from Fullfillment to push inbound. Two weeks of this already, I come back from time off and find this out. So glad I am still covering receiver.
How bad are the trucks? Holy cow! FF is one of those departments my store will steal FOR, not FROM.

You know your store is fucked when they shut OPU/SFS off so they can have the bodies from Fullfillment to push inbound. Two weeks of this already, I come back from time off and find this out. So glad I am still covering receiver.
I feel like that’s where my store is headed.

So, apparently, other stores in our district have discovered that there is a glitch in MPM with the recently updated "Ship on Time" reporting: if you know a cart isn't going to be packed on time to make the carrier-pickup cutoff and you don't prep it before scanning out pallets for the day, the system won't mark it as late. Which has led my store to start letting 15-20 carts at a time just sit unprepped/unpacked. Yesterday at 5:00pm I walked into over 800 items to be packed (none of them prepped) FOR THE 4:30 GOAL!! :mad: I've seen a lot of faked metrics in my years at Target, but this one has to take the cake.

"But we're 100% ship on time!" is leadership's response. No, we're not, we're REALLY not. And at some point somebody higher up is going to figure this out and I just pray I am there to witness them chewing your asses out when they do.

So, apparently, other stores in our district have discovered that there is a glitch in MPM with the recently updated "Ship on Time" reporting: if you know a cart isn't going to be packed on time to make the carrier-pickup cutoff and you don't prep it before scanning out pallets for the day, the system won't mark it as late. Which has led my store to start letting 15-20 carts at a time just sit unprepped/unpacked. Yesterday at 5:00pm I walked into over 800 items to be packed (none of them prepped) FOR THE 4:30 GOAL!! :mad: I've seen a lot of faked metrics in my years at Target, but this one has to take the cake.

"But we're 100% ship on time!" is leadership's response. No, we're not, we're REALLY not. And at some point somebody higher up is going to figure this out and I just pray I am there to witness them chewing your asses out when they do.
Also if you report a carrier issue between 4:30 and 6:30 any unshipped pallets due for the day don't count against you. We just do this everyday regardless for both UPS and FEDEX since FEDEX does a pickup at our store at 2:00 p.m. even though we've told them they need to come later, also because when we worked into tomorrows workload those units would still show they needed to be shipped the same day and they were destroying our SOT.

How bad are the trucks? Holy cow! FF is one of those departments my store will steal FOR, not FROM.

Yeah they are unloading trailers with three people, then make it a double. We really don't have bodies. It gets unloaded and we are just clearing the vehicles if it ends up on a pallet? It ain't getting touched. Repeat daily. We are almost back to single tracks when walking through the backroom.

How does the DSD not care? Ours still cares about sort on time even on Sundays when we don't even have a pickup

Anyone else have the wonderful glitch where epick doesn't show Ship units so you have to rely on mpm to see what's left...it's making for a fun time at my store at the moment.

Not a glitch. The numbers were removed as MPM is the more accurate of the two since it tracks the times against metrics.
"More accurate"
Except it doesn't distinguish standard from ship alones. Or take the number out when a cart is taken, only when it's finished. So you have no accurate idea of what is left to be done in the moment. Also, you have to consciously check mpm instead of glancing at epick as you grab a cart and having a general idea in .5 seconds.

Had 22 left for today after I calculated in my head based on carts in progress. Cool, definitely a standard cart, I thought to myself. Nope. 22 ship alones. Had no clue, because how could we!? We never have that many ship alones and we wasted time starting a cart for tomorrow when we were struggling to finish today's workload because they dropped 100 on our heads past our usual deadline for new units, and I didn't see it right away.

Cancelled our 2nd truck in the last 3 days today. Yesterday it was so bad that they had to load bulk skids onto the FedEx drop trailer because there is no more room in receiving. INF rates on individual carts (from our veteran TMs) is as high as 65%. New normal is to just finish the 4:30s by store close and completely ignore the sort by close.

Cancelled our 2nd truck in the last 3 days today. Yesterday it was so bad that they had to load bulk skids onto the FedEx drop trailer because there is no more room in receiving. INF rates on individual carts (from our veteran TMs) is as high as 65%. New normal is to just finish the 4:30s by store close and completely ignore the sort by close.

Yep we are at least six trucks behind so every day is basically a double. Three or four people to unload and everyone else pushes. And they decided to turn us back on for OPU, which is a cluster fuck. Two more Flex peeps just quit. It's fucking nuts..

Why has it been so bad with trucks? We’ve been cancelling trucks and rolling over freight because there is so much. Our GM TL’s are burning out.
I have no idea either. Back to school? My store had 3 doubles in a week, and we never used to...but we HAVE moved to an A store. Yet we seem to have short-staffing issues all the time.

Why has it been so bad with trucks? We’ve been cancelling trucks and rolling over freight because there is so much. Our GM TL’s are burning out.

We are selling product, some things we can't keep in stock but we don't have bodies to actually keep moving freight through the store. But sending us water bottles doesn't do us any good when we are INF'ing basically everything Crayola, we have nothing but the small watercolor pallets. Double trailers of crap and they are crap. Broken bottles of pasta sauce that were sent broken since it was fucking full of mold when I tried to pull out the unbroken ones to donate. Yeah nope entire case in the compactor.

Back