I love how when they are slamming stores with freight, and our store has like 30 pallets of style in the steel the help to alleviate this by, lowering the inf goal from 9% to 8%. Won't affect us cause our inf has been 25% inf everyday for the past 2 months. They need to increase the damn pickup time too. Make it 2 or 2.5 hours and it would help immensely so we don't constantly have to pull people from ship or the floor, creating a negative feedback loop of increasing workload

I love how when they are slamming stores with freight, and our store has like 30 pallets of style in the steel the help to alleviate this by, lowering the inf goal from 9% to 8%. Won't affect us cause our inf has been 25% inf everyday for the past 2 months. They need to increase the damn pickup time too. Make it 2 or 2.5 hours and it would help immensely so we don't constantly have to pull people from ship or the floor, creating a negative feedback loop of increasing workload
I saw first hand today. Udc and repack boxes sitting out for the consumer to see. I wish I could help you guys but I know nothing about the stores. What was cool though was when I took a trip through the electronics all the TVs that were on display had recent batch numbers on them all! That’s good stuff. The DCs need to come up with a plan so we don’t have labels on all of our cartons because it looks kind of sloppy. Plus who wants to buy a damaged beat up basketball hoop? We definitely have our work cut out for us but it’s achievable. 💪 if we don’t know what to correct then it won’t ever get fixed guys come on and speak up. (Team Lift is something that is being worked out. My idea was to make HQ FPS all the team lift to one store so they can sit on the same pallet until it arrives at the store and unloaded. That way the product itself doesn’t get damaged.) Go ahead and steal my idea because I just wanna help better target anyone take it and run

Last edited:
I love the idea that style orders are batched together. It is insane that I am hunting for underwear or a t shirt that is just like finding a needle in a haystack while also pulling 3 cases of soda, an air purifier and dog food when I’m suddenly put in a batch with 45 minutes.

I love doing grocery orders bc all the items are in the same location and even if in the back room coolers/pallets, I generally can find it.

I had to INF every single style item yesterday. Is it in the store? Maybe but I can’t take the considerable time it would take to look and still get the batch picked, sorted and stowed in 45 minutes.

I love the idea that style orders are batched together. It is insane that I am hunting for underwear or a t shirt that is just like finding a needle in a haystack while also pulling 3 cases of soda, an air purifier and dog food when I’m suddenly put in a batch with 45 minutes.

I love doing grocery orders bc all the items are in the same location and even if in the back room coolers/pallets, I generally can find it.

I had to INF every single style item yesterday. Is it in the store? Maybe but I can’t take the considerable time it would take to look and still get the batch picked, sorted and stowed in 45 minutes.
I actually got banned from flex because i was sinking our metrics finding style stuff and they wouldn't let me inf cause i was sinking that metric lmao.

So yea styles definitely a time sink even if you have experience or a pocket style tm.

I have experience in other pick to pack/e-commerce companies. Let’s go to the drawing boards and come up with some better ideas 💡 because right now I am a target employee and I am loyal to Target.

I actually got banned from flex because i was sinking our metrics finding style stuff and they wouldn't let me inf cause i was sinking that metric lmao.

So yea styles definitely a time sink even if you have experience or a pocket style tm.
Especially now when those of us who have a handle on Style's quirks are as befuddled as anyone else, what with the backlog of truck, the crap zones and the out-of-control reshop.

If you put style into its own group, I know that would just make everyone on my team try to avoid them like the plague. Like you were being punished for having to be the guy to pull the style batch. I dont like how the new grocery batches are for this reason too. Everyone would rather gobble those up because theyre infinitely easier and your metrics are gonna look nice if you stay on those, compared to an opu batch where you know theres gonna be 12 items you have to dig through mountains of boxes for and youre gonna be red af by the end of your shift. Ban style from online ordering until the company figures out what the heck theyre doing with it. 🤷‍♂️

If you put style into its own group, I know that would just make everyone on my team try to avoid them like the plague. Like you were being punished for having to be the guy to pull the style batch. I dont like how the new grocery batches are for this reason too. Everyone would rather gobble those up because theyre infinitely easier and your metrics are gonna look nice if you stay on those, compared to an opu batch where you know theres gonna be 12 items you have to dig through mountains of boxes for and youre gonna be red af by the end of your shift. Ban style from online ordering until the company figures out what the heck theyre doing with it. 🤷‍♂️
Don't you just take whatever batch is due first, no matter what it is? I mean, I hate bulky but if it's closest to goal time I'm going to take it.

Ban style from online ordering until the company figures out what the heck theyre doing with it. 🤷‍♂️
Just following up on this because they finally enacted this at my store. Huge relief as the situation back there with mountains of style got even worse. Any other stores start doing this? Has definitely made things a lot easier for fulfillment.

We haven’t, if we did stop softline ordering our inf would be worse as majority of hardlines is trash, nothing is set right and so much freight in the back that no one is pushing.

If you can only do one batch at a time that's going to be an issue.
This would make me very happy. Our TL always wants us to pick doubles, which seriously do not save time. The cart is too full, too heavy and it takes longer to find the items buried in the cart to stow. Because some of the items (paper/plastics/soda/water/diapers, etc) take up so much room, doubles often don't fit into one cart.

New fulfillment 2.0 app is confusing. To much jumping around to check TM time. Then TM’ s keep pausing carts and the graph shows red then you can't see when other batches time changes. Also under 40. 40-60 and 60+ minutes. That's stupid. It's a constant guessing game. Why in the world would I remove TM’s, or how would remove TM ‘s if they are in a batch? They would take 2 steps away and have to come right back because batches constantly dropping. Why in the heck is do we only get 90 minutes to finish. The system takes 30 minutes away from us to receive, sort and etc... Why are the always alerts about new orders but it doesn't change available batches? Why do TM ‘s have no area to put supplies or bag carts? Every morning gotta go back and forth with overnight style over a small corner in the back of receiving to put a green rack and a pfresh cart that they keep moving into the fire hall. The I'm asked why we can't just work out there. I said because it's illegal. Damn, all the expectation about speed and accuracy but can't even have a corner anywhere to call our area. People take our printers and 10 people gotta share 1. Gotta bob a weave thru z bars and green racks to go to freezer and cooler. Treated like crap. No consideration.

I guess it depends on the area that you are in as our guest mainly order hba, chemicals, market and softlines. Our batches are for the most part never bulky to the point where when we first arrive at 4 or 6am it’s not unusual to pick 4 batches each and 8am will pick 3. Diapers, toilet paper, water, bulk plastics and other big items show up under bulky items.

With our surge in seasonal hires, while they may struggle in OPU because of the timers, we often try to use that as an encouragement to move faster... in ship we've had instances of taking 1-2 hours on a single cart. How complicated would it be to have a timer counting UP for a ship cart at the top, showing time spent in the batch? It would be easier for leaders to tell if someone is struggling to finish a cart, and might show the new TM when a good time to call for help is.

Back