Archived Flexing electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey electronics TLS do you guys flex a lot of your aisles? I have so many outs all through electronics, toys as well. But I'm a little more worried about electronics right now.

If you flex over outs that are still active you're going to cause more problems than it is worth. In my store that was done for nearly every out for a long time which caused counts to be perpetually off for everything (Single DPCI in multiple locations, shelf label says 1 location/facing so its counted wrong), never restocking the things that the store is out of, and if those things do come back in there isn't a place for them anymore so they get flexed and miscounted or backstocked and never come out from the back.

The only flexing that we do (that I know of) is in video game cases. I use the flippy labels over the normal label.

Everything else should be researched.

Unless it is PTM. That is another story.

I wish I could flex but we are so light and my stockroom is empty. But this month my sales have been comping as a result. Research as much as you can daily.

What I hated is when they flex stuff, such as dvds that have no salesfloor locations. This can result into a challenge for someone trying to do with flexible fulfillments.

What irked me more was when an electronics team member said the store doesn't have the item in stock when in fact the item was flexed into the aisle.

Yeah the TL before me did lots of flexing so things are kind of a mess.

Another question. Our DTL told us to no longer do research. Just shoot exf batches. She says it is a waste of time basically. Anyone else heard this?

Another question. Our DTL told us to no longer do research. Just shoot exf batches. She says it is a waste of time basically. Anyone else heard this?
That's pretty dumb. If it has a count and you never research it to zero, it'll never come in. To me researching it is a pretty good use of time.
What does your STL say about it?

Dumb they both fill if its in the back and shelf is empty. If you have counts and no actual product you need to research. If you are just filling EXF is fine, one advantage - you can pull more than capacity. But no research is just fucking stupid.

My store has started researching a ton. TLs and ETLs in all departments... And believe it or not, electronics has seen our highest increase in sales compared to last year after being our bottom department last year. People can't buy stuff if it's not on the shelf.

What I hated is when they flex stuff, such as dvds that have no salesfloor locations. This can result into a challenge for someone trying to do with flexible fulfillments.

I think that's where store ties comes into place. My STL emphasizes store ties if they had me flexing in seasonal... one of the reason is so that whoever does flexfill will have no problem locating it. And I also think this would solve the problem of having incorrect counts. If you store tie it, the system will understand that there is additional locations for it. Then when the actual products for the location comes in, untie the flexed product and push to home or backstock and the system will see that the additional location is no longer there.

No one researches in Electronics at my store because

1. What are MyDevices?
2. Electronics TMs? What's that? They're hardlines with keys they better be pushing this stationary CAF
Unfortunately this is what my store has turned into. Swear to god, just make me Electronics TL (we don't even have one) and I could fix this shit right the fuck up.

Unfortunately this is what my store has turned into. Swear to god, just make me Electronics TL (we don't even have one) and I could fix this shit right the fuck up.
SA M E

I love my TL (who is just a Hardlines TL) but she is in charge of stationary, electronics, sporting goods, and toys and the ETL always wants her everywhere NOT electronics. She tells me that I have to be the one "in charge" of electronics and try and delegate and whip the team into shape but I tried that and literally got "why are you talking to me like you're my boss?" It's already widely accepted that I am the only one who makes any attempt to keep the department ship shape, but I'm just one person so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My team is literally:

Dude that should have been fired a long time ago, gets nothing done and will do literally anything to waste time (including offering to call every. single. store. to check an item for a guest). Shows up hungover and/or high sometimes. Is probably actually going to end up fired soon.

Hardlines TM who was thrown into electronics and just does what he's told. A good kid, even if he doesn't have everything down yet.

Precious cinnamon roll who snapped. Hates his job, does the quickest, sloppiest job so he can leave asap. Would rather be anywhere other than electronics. Looking for another job.

Me, frantically trying to merch protect everything, super zone, update labels (bcos for some reason revisions are done once in a god damn blue moon), and push all the unrelated cafs

SA M E

I love my TL (who is just a Hardlines TL) but she is in charge of stationary, electronics, sporting goods, and toys and the ETL always wants her everywhere NOT electronics. She tells me that I have to be the one "in charge" of electronics and try and delegate and whip the team into shape but I tried that and literally got "why are you talking to me like you're my boss?" It's already widely accepted that I am the only one who makes any attempt to keep the department ship shape, but I'm just one person so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My team is literally:

Dude that should have been fired a long time ago, gets nothing done and will do literally anything to waste time (including offering to call every. single. store. to check an item for a guest). Shows up hungover and/or high sometimes. Is probably actually going to end up fired soon.

Hardlines TM who was thrown into electronics and just does what he's told. A good kid, even if he doesn't have everything down yet.

Precious cinnamon roll who snapped. Hates his job, does the quickest, sloppiest job so he can leave asap. Would rather be anywhere other than electronics. Looking for another job.

Me, frantically trying to merch protect everything, super zone, update labels (bcos for some reason revisions are done once in a god damn blue moon), and push all the unrelated cafs
Eugh, don't get me started on unexperienced or just plain lazy people that don't want to work. I close quite a bit so I've got to deal with the shitty mid-day zones from the opening team and It's always the nastiest "It's good enough for me" zone. I'll admit that I sometimes act like a TL when I'm not because I try to co-ordinate who's going to work where and who's taking their breaks when. Hell I even called someone out for how bad of a zone they did, they somehow got through all of H&B, chemicals, and pets within a 20 minute span when it takes me an hour or two easily to make it an acceptable and presentable zone I'm proud of. I've had my TL openly admit I'm one of the hardest HL members she's hired in a while, same goes for our ETL-GE and ETL-LOG noticing that I'm a hard worker. I don't know if my store plans on bringing on an electronics TL, but if they do you can bet your ass I'm applying for it, but probably won't get accepted because "lol no internal hires, sorry". Call me butthurt and I won't deny it.

We flex everything out with store tie. We communicate to flow/other tm's on flexed locations. Then, research active outs on a daily basis. Our electronics sales are up compared to everyone else in the district.

What hurts the most is, you can correct the count on a certain dpci one day to zero OH from 9 OH(nothing on shelve/back room/received on the truck). Then come back 3 to 4 days later on the same dpci, my device shows 9 OH again & nothing on the shelve or being received to date. That event is happening on the apple products specifically & my team reports any changes on Apple counts to ap & lod.

Eugh, don't get me started on unexperienced or just plain lazy people that don't want to work. I close quite a bit so I've got to deal with the shitty mid-day zones from the opening team and It's always the nastiest "It's good enough for me" zone. I'll admit that I sometimes act like a TL when I'm not because I try to co-ordinate who's going to work where and who's taking their breaks when. Hell I even called someone out for how bad of a zone they did, they somehow got through all of H&B, chemicals, and pets within a 20 minute span when it takes me an hour or two easily to make it an acceptable and presentable zone I'm proud of. I've had my TL openly admit I'm one of the hardest HL members she's hired in a while, same goes for our ETL-GE and ETL-LOG noticing that I'm a hard worker. I don't know if my store plans on bringing on an electronics TL, but if they do you can bet your ass I'm applying for it, but probably won't get accepted because "lol no internal hires, sorry". Call me butthurt and I won't deny it.
The zone the others do is literally "pull it forward, who cares what it is" meanwhile I end up with 2 or so carts of toys because I grab all the misplaced toys and wind up with 3-4 carts of toy go backs and finish a cart in 15 minutes. My ETL-LOG is hard to impress and even he recognises my worth ethic and the good work that I do. He'd love to take me on his team, but my ETL and TL will fight to the death to keep me in electronics. My store is low volume, so I doubt we're getting an electronics TL but damn straight would I apply for that. We do internal hires a lot, a lot of our TLs are promoted TMs. The main problem though, I've been considered for TL but my attitude is apparently not that good, and they know I have problems with anxiety and confrontation. But as an electronics TL nothing would really change except or the fact the TMs have to listen to me now. Well ok then in that case a lot would change but maybe you get my point

What hurts the most is, you can correct the count on a certain dpci one day to zero OH from 9 OH(nothing on shelve/back room/received on the truck). Then come back 3 to 4 days later on the same dpci, my device shows 9 OH again & nothing on the shelve or being received to date. That event is happening on the apple products specifically & my team reports any changes on Apple counts to ap & lod.
For apple products that sounds like a decent amount of $ amount change. Is it hitting the drastic count change report? Is it being accepted/worked in order to actually update the OH?

That's ridiculous. You would be basically doing the exact same thing as research, except without changing the on-hands for anything.

For apple products that sounds like a decent amount of $ amount change. Is it hitting the drastic count change report? Is it being accepted/worked in order to actually update the OH?
It is hit or miss on drastic count report, some dpci's say drastic count & others don't. We have a etl-log who is monitoring 3 Apple items in reasearch & manage inventory screens.. 2 are not drastic count & 1 is on drastic count.

We flex everything out with store tie. We communicate to flow/other tm's on flexed locations. Then, research active outs on a daily basis. Our electronics sales are up compared to everyone else in the district.

I find OH counts are BS, cause they don't change anywhere close to when or where you need them to. Which makes life hell for some of us. We got one Nintendo Switch in damaged(looked like a pallet got dropped on it, sounded worse) - so defected but our count stayed at 1 for two weeks.. We would research that everyday several different people several times a day. Nope, still at one.. Hell on earth for electronic peeps..

It is hit or miss on drastic count report, some dpci's say drastic count & others don't. We have a etl-log who is monitoring 3 Apple items in reasearch & manage inventory screens.. 2 are not drastic count & 1 is on drastic count.
I've had issues where it won't say drastic count on the mydevice but randomly will show up in the drastic list on the mydevice or ignore that altogether and show up on the paper report the next day only. Also have had $600+ changes to inventory that don't show up on either when they should (but those OH do change "immediately")

We are now having electronics research daily. What we can flex out we do, minus music, movies, and books those stay in back for scan returns and/or MIRs. Everything else is fair game. I purged the stockroom and 98% of what was in back was able to fit onto the floor. Electronics is showing comps as a result and all that discontinued stuff is selling through that was in the back.

Ink is by far our biggest issue with OHs all the time and the ink not being there. So for us that's our starting point along with headphones and cell phone accessories.

Gotta get those routines in place, I have my team members or I scan electronics everyday except Sunday. Ive seen an increase on the amount of product we get and my aisles aren't as light

Umm, no. Very bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back