Archived Freckleton vs Target Class Action Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe other stores were different, but I definitely signed consent forms for background checks whenever I have been promoted.

I got the email as well but I do remember giving consent for a background check.
The email I received said the issue was too much text on the consent forms, not missing consent forms. That they combined the consent with something else on the same sheet of paper.

Apparently just signing the version of the form with too much text will give people a few bucks, even if the background check was in the person's favor.

Got the email & read only far enough to see I wasn't getting anything before deleting.

I got that email as well. Doesn't look like there's anything in it for me, so I'll just kind of half-follow it, purely out of curiosity.

I got a class-action letter about another employer I worked for once, over a pretty regular issue concerning the all but complete lack of break times. You'd be running an entire location by yourself more than long enough to take almost any state required break, but it wasn't gonna happen. Managers would frequently prevent you from taking breaks even if there was another person working with you, and heaven help you if your store didn't have its own bathroom in the back. I got a whopping $68 out of it. Not sure a lot has actually changed at that company, based on the complaints I frequently hear from current employees.

And yeah, it's totally possible to get stressed to the point of illness at a job. I briefly tried working in a call center, and I only lasted a month. The only reason anyone called the place was because they were already pissed and demanded someone fix their problem. The shift started at 6AM, and I usually felt like puking by 9. I'd have to be paid a hell of a lot more to sit in a cube and get yelled at all day long via email, chat, and phone--all simultaneously.

The email I got basically said I was a part of the group that wouldn't get anything.

From the looks of it you'll only get something if you were denied employment (or promotion) based on the results of the background check.
Which makes me wonder....what's the point of joining as part of "Class One"??? Is there something they're not saying for which they're afraid of retribution? o_O

They are sending the emails to the email address you listed when you submitted your application. Most job seekers don't list their primary email, they list one dedicated to employment applications, so check that.

And if you don't have an email reserved solely for job applications, make one. Employers will do a search of the email listed. Do you want them seeing your Snapchat or FB activities?

And for Class 1, that's anyone who signed a background consent form between the listed dates. Everyone. And since it states you can't remove yourself from the class action lawsuit, we should all be getting a few bucks. Maybe just enough to pay for a Starbucks drink, but even then that's a lot of money for the few seconds spent on signing the form.

They are sending the emails to the email address you listed when you submitted your application. Most job seekers don't list their primary email, they list one dedicated to employment applications, so check that.

And if you don't have an email reserved solely for job applications, make one. Employers will do a search of the email listed. Do you want them seeing your Snapchat or FB activities?

And for Class 1, that's anyone who signed a background consent form between the listed dates. Everyone. And since it states you can't remove yourself from the class action lawsuit, we should all be getting a few bucks. Maybe just enough to pay for a Starbucks drink, but even then that's a lot of money for the few seconds spent on signing the form.
Sorry, but re-read the settlement..
"
Class One: You are a member of Class One if you fit within this definition:

All internal and external applicants for employment, transfer, or promotion on whom Target obtained a background check report for employment purposes beginning November 13, 2010, through November 13, 2016, who executed the Consent & Disclosure Form available here or a form substantially similar.....
Class Members of Class One only are not eligible for a payment from the Settlement Fund."

Sorry, but re-read the settlement..
"
Class One: You are a member of Class One if you fit within this definition:

All internal and external applicants for employment, transfer, or promotion on whom Target obtained a background check report for employment purposes beginning November 13, 2010, through November 13, 2016, who executed the Consent & Disclosure Form available here or a form substantially similar.....
Class Members of Class One only are not eligible for a payment from the Settlement Fund."
I think they meant we (Class One) should be getting something since we have no choice to opt out. As opposed to we will actually get something.

My email says I won't be getting the $70 because I'm not class 2, but that the settlement has yet to be finalized. It certainly sounds like there may be additional stuff after the court finishes up.

I think they meant we (Class One) should be getting something since we have no choice to opt out. As opposed to we will actually get something.
I get it. Misread it. My bad :oops: It WOULD be nice. But if we all got something, how would the attorneys get their "fair share" of what's left? :rolleyes:

Sorry, too hard to do sarcasm font on my phone after zero sleep :confused:

My email says I won't be getting the $70 because I'm not class 2, but that the settlement has yet to be finalized. It certainly sounds like there may be additional stuff after the court finishes up.
The website I read made it seem like the whole settlement was pretty much finalized, as far as which class was getting what....the only thing undetermined was how many people were in each class. Then again, I could've misread that too :oops:

Maybe it is just a way for Spot to screw their employees again.
Ha Ha there is money available but you get none

I never received an email, but I did receive a letter about this law suit.
I got another one a couple months ago about a law suit against Target that the plaintiff was supposedly required to work through her due breaks. I can't remember the name of it, but it said I was probably going to get some money from it; anybody know what that case was?

I never received an email, but I did receive a letter about this law suit.
I got another one a couple months ago about a law suit against Target that the plaintiff was supposedly required to work through her due breaks. I can't remember the name of it, but it said I was probably going to get some money from it; anybody know what that case was?

Weird if anything Target is overly serious about people taking due breaks. It's a coaching to purposely not take your breaks and lunches on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back