Archived Freezer/Dairy Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're converting three freezer doors to refrigerated. Conventional Milk, Specialty Milk, and Creamers each gain one door. Two of our aisle of freezers completely flip. We let PFresh know right away that we need banana boxes to move all the product, you should see our stockpile now!

You're lucky only two aisles flip. Our store has three aisles flipping and they want to try to do those aisles in one night with 6 people.

We're converting three freezer doors to refrigerated. Conventional Milk, Specialty Milk, and Creamers each gain one door. Two of our aisle of freezers completely flip. We let PFresh know right away that we need banana boxes to move all the product, you should see our stockpile now!

You're lucky only two aisles flip. Our store has three aisles flipping and they want to try to do those aisles in one night with 6 people.

What a headache! We're making sure to have at least 10 people the first night and we're splitting up two of the biggest moves.

So that explains the banana boxes in the back room. I'm out training right now and the store I'm training at is converting 18 freezers to coolers this week. I'm excited to see the transition. I'm not too sure what my home store will be like yet.

Yeah, we've been saving bannana boxes since the transition manual came down. My CTL came to me in a bit of a panic today stressing that I had to save EVERY BOX because she only saw one flat of boxes, but I'm pretty sure we saved so many that our receiver had to put a pallet of them up on the steel. That's what I'm banking on, anyway, lol. Because I saved SO DANG MANY.

My store isnt switching out any temp zones just new product replacing D-Code but things will be moving all over the place.

Should of seen our truck Monday. 75% of the product was Transition for 5/5 and we hardly have any room to backstock in the freezer so there were 2 Large flatbeds of that and then another Flatbed of the Freezer Endcap Transitiion that got done Yesterday finally.

I didn't see how much of the new transition we got today but it wasn't a TON. I only eyed what was on the freezer pallets; didn't see much of what was dairy. I spoke with one of the gals on flow and she said she only saw one or two new yogurt items which surprises me because we're expanding our space for them. We still have one more truck coming before the reset but it'll be cutting it pretty close.

Anyway, the new freezer stuff looks nice!

We used to carry Oreida Fast Fries that were about $1 and could be made in the microwave. They were awesome! Hope we get those back...

We used to carry Oreida Fast Fries that were about $1 and could be made in the microwave. They were awesome! Hope we get those back...

Weren't they called Easy Fries? I recall something very similar, and I remember them as being very good as well. I know we sold them, and I haven't seen them in Forever :(

Weren't they called Easy Fries? I recall something very similar, and I remember them as being very good as well. I know we sold them, and I haven't seen them in Forever :(

Maybe..I could be wrong about the name. I just would love to be able to buy a single serving fry for break. We now have a single serving mashed potato now though in dry grocery. Haven't tried it yet.

Why is everything in ur br.. Flex it out and sell its all mpg amyway

Why is everything in ur br.. Flex it out and sell its all mpg amyway

With what Team and hours? They're cutting hours like an angst ridden teen getting into cutting.

lol funny you mention that. We actually did flex a decent ammount out yesterday. BUT, ONLY because they had one of the Salesfloor TLs work on it when he got in at 6 to about 10 or 10:30. And ya not many spare hours to spend flexing, ptming, and pushing product.

We've actually done pretty well with PTM; so much so that our freezer is more or less cleaned out and pulls consist of little more than bakery. That's a-ok with me.

We've actually done pretty well with PTM; so much so that our freezer is more or less cleaned out and pulls consist of little more than bakery. That's a-ok with me.

We do stand alone carry forward needs PTM fills daily. Our freezers look more full now than they ever have. Sales have risen significantly during the MPG period and our STL is actually crediting the instocks team.

So how's it going for everyone so far?

After going the majority of last week without getting our new product in except for the freezer stuff, ALL of our new dairy came en mass yesterday and it's a MESS in the backroom, lol. Two overflowing tubs in the dairy cooler and a full pallet in the meat cooler. I sincerely pray that they're going to set all of that VERY early in the shift tonight because we've got a truck AND a milk delivery coming in in the morning and we don't have any room to put anything...

But so far, so good. Freezer looks good, although I will need to go through it later this week and re-fixturize the stuff (we use freezer pushers on a lot of product but they're not officially part of the set so I have to go in and do it myself). The new product that we got looks yummy. And we did get those dollar Ore Ida fries back! :D

Biggest glitch so far is that our temp control board broke or something, so my front bunker turned to freezer and froze all my hot dogs solid. Whoops, lol. Should be fixed now, though; someone was working on it when I left.

So how's it going for everyone so far?

After going the majority of last week without getting our new product in except for the freezer stuff, ALL of our new dairy came en mass yesterday and it's a MESS in the backroom, lol. Two overflowing tubs in the dairy cooler and a full pallet in the meat cooler. I sincerely pray that they're going to set all of that VERY early in the shift tonight because we've got a truck AND a milk delivery coming in in the morning and we don't have any room to put anything...

But so far, so good. Freezer looks good, although I will need to go through it later this week and re-fixturize the stuff (we use freezer pushers on a lot of product but they're not officially part of the set so I have to go in and do it myself). The new product that we got looks yummy. And we did get those dollar Ore Ida fries back! :D

Biggest glitch so far is that our temp control board broke or something, so my front bunker turned to freezer and froze all my hot dogs solid. Whoops, lol. Should be fixed now, though; someone was working on it when I left.

OMG! I didn't have time to check out our new stuff (we are only 1/4 thru), I hope we get those fries! It would totally make my day! (Pathetic I know..)

I kinda of laughed last night when I walked into the backroom last night and saw a pallet of empty banana boxes sitting there....sure enough, they came in last night to do our transition....be interesting to see how it turned out.....

we lost a door of potatoes.. now only one door with a very small selection.. only 2 DPCIs of market pantry rest are ore ida. didnt get the 99 cent box back sadly.

we lost a door of potatoes.. now only one door with a very small selection.. only 2 DPCIs of market pantry rest are ore ida. didnt get the 99 cent box back sadly.
They aren't with the french fries, they're with the appetizers.

Came in today to see that all coolers and freezers were now done...HOLY COW. We have so much stuff now! Lol I don't even recognize my own PFresh anymore. It's pretty cool. Still have two more nights of work.

Awww, that sucks. Our new product came in two big waves; freezer last Friday and dairy the Sunday after. Thank goodness they started setting Sunday night because on Monday it was nearly impossible to get around in the coolers because of all the dairy that was staged. We had a pallet in the meat cooler and two in the dairy cooler. And on Tuesday we got a truck AND a milk delivery. 8-o It was all set by then for the most part, but still!

If your ambient room coolers are big enough, see if maybe you can stage some product in there? It might give you some wiggle room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back