Archived Fresh and Full by Four?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whippingboy

Produce Peon
This is an outdated concept.. with AE 14 rolling heads and hourly cutbacks.. our "fresh and full by four" has become FAKE. We keep the front two produce tables and the wall full in order to appear full to our guests, but the back tables are wiped and empty.. not to mention nothing is culled and "fresh". Target needs to check reality and come up with a new concept.

Rather than Target come up with a new concept, why don't YOU come up with something that works and is successful in your store? You may not be able to put a "yes" on that oh-so-very important Walk the Vibe question every other week, but having a routine in place to address these opportunities will definitely make a difference on key metrics.

If I controlled the schedule it would be a different story but I don't. Instead I bust my ass in attempt to make it look great when underneath it isn't. Much like the facade of zoned shelves we're surrounded by. Target doesn't have the same standards it used to and it sucks. I like the way you turned it around on me though, you must work in management.

we never get enough bakery to fill those last 2 tables. I flex the holiday cookies everywhere and the bread sells so fast. When it goes on sale I have to tkae down the signs cause we never have that bread more than 2 hours. Strawberries haven't come in the last couple of trucks, flex red grapes on 3 shelves. Clementines are everywhere, 3lb bags, 5 lb bags, 5 lb boxes. I luve the "spiderman baged apples" they are a hit at my store and selling very fast. Bananas either hit of miss, they come in very ripe and we tpc them so cheap 33 cents per lb.

Last edited:
We're never fresh and full by 4 either, but I do my best to try and keep it close. Usually I'm pretty good by 5. So many flexed pumpkin spice cupcakes though.

we never get enough bakery to fill those last 2 tables. I flex the holiday cookies everywhere and the bread sells so fast. When it goes on sale I have to tkae down the signs cause we never have that bread more than 2 hours. Strawberries haven't come in the last couple of trucks, flex red grapes on 3 shelves. Clementines are everywhere, 3lb bags, 5 lb bags, 5 lb boxes. I luve the "spiderman baged apples" they are a hit at my store and selling very fast. Bananas either hit of miss, they come in very ripe and we tpc them so cheap 33 cents per lb.

Our back table is all beer..

It is amazing that Target spent all that money on P-fresh and when it did not work out they way they wanted they just started pretending it did not exist instead of working on ways to make it work. This was the most important thing at Target for a couple of years and now they treat it like the shoe department.

That doesn't even exist at my store anymore. The midday zone at 2pm also is extinct.

If only, unfortunately our state doesn't allow beer or alcohol to be sold other than a state run store or beer wear house.

We use to be that way. It should still be that way, can't get the odd good stuff anymore. Just bud, miller, Coors. It sucks.

Weird. Ours is mostly macrobrews, but we have a couple local craft beers and even a few brands of cider.

Most of those macrobrews are owned by the big three. Save for one or two. Every store has the exact same stock. Every store. It's sad.

Most of those macrobrews are owned by the big three. Save for one or two. Every store has the exact same stock. Every store. It's sad.

I was referring to the big three when I said macrobrews, but luckily, they're not all we carry. And I agree, it is sad.

Though if my store wasn't near Canada and a university, we'd probably sell more craft and cider than macrobrews. A lot of our locals like the good stuff. :D

IMO it still should be the most important thing at Target. If I have to hear about the "Loyalty" factor of the Red Card 15 times a day, I think they should hear about the "Loyalty" Factor of selling people their groceries.. The same people don't come to Target every week to buy a new TV, they will however, come in to buy bread/salads/milk whatever, however, and the goal of EVERY company should be to get them in the door and to keep them.

This $50 dollar $10 Gift Card deal for all of market? A Great way to bring in new guests, Scheduling one person in market from 2:30 to close, while also training someone on the computer? A great way to lose them..

Not only this, but as buying stuff over the internet gets more and more influential, until you have a drone delivering your groceries directly to your damn doorstep, people will avoid buying food online like the plague.

I was referring to the big three when I said macrobrews, but luckily, they're not all we carry. And I agree, it is sad.

Though if my store wasn't near Canada and a university, we'd probably sell more craft and cider than macrobrews. A lot of our locals like the good stuff. :D

I am Canadian boarder state too. Always bring back the max allowed of Canadian brew.

Fresh and Full by 4, what a freaking joke. Market in our store is over 75% of our business, yet we are running PFresh on total of 4 people (not all full time) the store is open a total of 104 hours a week, that doesn't equate to much help. Sundays big food ad with the $10 gift card, I was the only person scheduled in Pfresh, until the closer came in. Between doing ad signs till 8am opening, then finally getting to my routines (cull, tpc, coupon, sda), and did I mention Sunday is our busiest day. The floor was out of bananas, milk, turkey breasts and I was unable to keep up. I asked my ETL twice for help, but that basically never happened, the 2nd time he didn't even bother to respond. We are not doing right by out guests. BIG FAIL!!! and many sales lost.

Yup, is a joke but I also zone last when I close. I push cooler cafs first, fill the floor, then dry cafs, then reshop, then if I have time I zone. My first priority is to sell food.

our whole middle table is beer. two cooler focals are wine. promo is mostly liqour. i'm starting to think our managment has a serious alcohol problem

our whole middle table is beer. two cooler focals are wine. promo is mostly liqour. i'm starting to think our managment has a serious alcohol problem

Booze has a great margin.
The markup is 25-30% for beer and slightly higher for hard liquor.
That's a whole lot more than they get for any food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back