Archived From 32-40 hours down to 12 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I am new to The Break Room, but I am not new to Target. I have been working for Target for over 25 years and have done it all (pricing, clerical, ad set, POG, GS, just to name a few), including working the cash office for most of my time here. Recently we got a new STL (started 2 weeks before Black Friday) and he thinks that if our store does it different from his previous one we are doing it wrong. Well in any event we are told that the GSAs now would the ones dong the cash office. I was lucky and I trained an older female GSA that had previous experience in the cash office, while the 2 others trained younger GSAs that have already had issues. I am just frustrated that they only gave us 2 days to train these people and it took more than that for us current folks to get the new process. Also I am frustrated that because of this change my hours last week got cut from around 32+ to only 12. This week and next I also got only 12 hours. (2 shifts). Both days I get to help with pricing. When I talked to leaders at my store I was told that there is no payroll and that I need just watch the board for shifts that other team members are giving up. The other 2 cash office team members (both have been with Target for 10+ years) also went from 30+ hours and were told that they should expect to get somewhere around 25, although they both got less than 20 hours.

My daughter is losing an employee at her daycare, so I going to put in my 2 weeks tomorrow. Also the 2nd team member has been looking at retiring and now is the time. The 3rd team member would like to stay on, but can't live on the hours they are giving out.

We are are not the only team members who are having their hours cut and being forced out of the company. I think the current POG and pricing teams are seeing the same thing with all of the changes happening.

Anyone else seeing this happen at their store?

You are a year late to the party. Our STL has said as much in a meeting that all the over 40 employees needed to be out since they are to old to change and they cost to damn much on the budget and that all TL's were to coach and CA them out the door..

Que the people who will say this is untrue. I've personally seen it happen. So they can deny it all they want .... until it's happening to them.

Edit: I can't believe I spelled "cue" wrong.

Last edited:
Que the people who will say this is untrue. I've personally seen it happen. So they can deny it all they want .... until it's happening to them.

When your store sees three TL's quit the same week and tell you the exact same thing.. You would kidding yourself if you didn't think there is a fire when you can see the smoke.. And a year later the older employees are a tiny fucking group who have seen their hours nosedive to almost nothing.

Was told my the 3rd member of “Golden Girls” (thier words not ours) that she was scheduled today, despite not being available. Neither myself or other member of our threesome that are available were not scheduled. When brought to to a leaders attention they said you might want to open her availability to get hours and that there was no one else to schedule, so don’t worry about the swap shift board.

Also she said 1 of the GSAs had problems with machine in cash office today and they are waiting on trch to come fix it. She thinks it is just jammed with money and could fix it herself, but won’t tell them that.

Was told my the 3rd member of “Golden Girls” (thier words not ours) that she was scheduled today, despite not being available. Neither myself or other member of our threesome that are available were not scheduled. When brought to to a leaders attention they said you might want to open her availability to get hours and that there was no one else to schedule, so don’t worry about the swap shift board.

Also she said 1 of the GSAs had problems with machine in cash office today and they are waiting on trch to come fix it. She thinks it is just jammed with money and could fix it herself, but won’t tell them that.

I'd love .... LOVE ... to hear your story when you do quit.

Edit: I can't believe I spelled "cue" wrong.

we've had the two ADA people pushed out. all they did was redefine the core job role and out they went. No one said anything. no one did anything. this company well the corporate entity is as dirty as any other company

So sorry to hear all that unfortunately it’s nothing new at our store either, I like you have been with Target many years and have seen the writing on the wall. A company that I have loved to work for and made a good wage from it ( took many years ) is failing me and others.
My biggest regret is believing what my old STL said to me when I demoted a few years ago. Should of got everything in writing but I didn’t that’s my own mistake, false promises she agreed to.
I’m not old enough to retire otherwise I would if by now.
Our store has hired in the last 6 months or so Team leads that don’t know a thing about leading a team, what brand really should look like, how to hold your team members accountable for tasks not completed,or what a decent zone is.
Same thing I’ve heard from other posts here expecting so much out of team members that were NEVER trained not there fault but Targets. I’m not even sure where to begin there’s so much wrong with the direction that the company is going it makes me so sad that they’ve let go of so many really great leaders.
In the name of what modernization!!!!
I still love what I do but have no faith in Target anymore.

So sorry to hear all that unfortunately it’s nothing new at our store either, I like you have been with Target many years and have seen the writing on the wall. A company that I have loved to work for and made a good wage from it ( took many years ) is failing me and others.
My biggest regret is believing what my old STL said to me when I demoted a few years ago. Should of got everything in writing but I didn’t that’s my own mistake, false promises she agreed to.
I’m not old enough to retire otherwise I would if by now.
Our store has hired in the last 6 months or so Team leads that don’t know a thing about leading a team, what brand really should look like, how to hold your team members accountable for tasks not completed,or what a decent zone is.
Same thing I’ve heard from other posts here expecting so much out of team members that were NEVER trained not there fault but Targets. I’m not even sure where to begin there’s so much wrong with the direction that the company is going it makes me so sad that they’ve let go of so many really great leaders.
In the name of what modernization!!!!
I still love what I do but have no faith in Target anymore.
Same thoughts, too. Company is in the toilet.

Some smart lawyer will be putting together a lawsuit pretty quick now.
(Note: If you are that lawyer - NO you cannot use The Break Room to gather clients)
Oh yeah. Funny is I am reading a HR book written by a lawyer for a school class and just read about age discrimination and the law among other laws.

To
Thanks

I just talked to a previous HR and she told me the same thing. Either way (retire or quit) I am leaving Target for greener pastures.

If you're old enough and meet the other requirements, I'd retire to get the benefits.

With over 25 yrs. in I suspect you may even be eligible for the old pension plan.

I would suggest getting all of the retirement paperwork together very discreetly. You want to be able to retire before they force you out and you lose out on your benefits.

My store had a TL that was being performanced out. She was able to quickly retire and get her benefits, and then get hired on as a TM at a nearby Target. Since she had retired, she was marked as "rehire able" in the system.

My store is currently doing this again to another TL, but he's not old enough to get any benefits.

How do you know they’re being performanced out?
To

If you're old enough and meet the other requirements, I'd retire to get the benefits.

With over 25 yrs. in I suspect you may even be eligible for the old pension plan.

I would suggest getting all of the retirement paperwork together very discreetly. You want to be able to retire before they force you out and you lose out on your benefits.

My store had a TL that was being performanced out. She was able to quickly retire and get her benefits, and then get hired on as a TM at a nearby Target. Since she had retired, she was marked as "rehire able" in the system.

My store is currently doing this again to another TL, but he's not old enough to get any benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back