Archived Frozen dress up event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did I not hear about this?? It says every store is participating ( according to a facebook post) apparently if kids dress up as a frozen character they get a goodie bag. I didn't hear anything about it........ http://www.abullseyeview.com/2014/11/target-frozen-fest/ but like anything our store probably will not be one of those participating stores I bet heck they never participated in those dr.suess events.

The official communication told us to prepare for long lines and 300-400 guests. I'd be surprised if there were 30 or 40.

I don't want to deal with that either.. As of right now, I don't want to deal with much..I thought having the day off would have changed my attitude.. It hasn't..:(

I got a couple calls tonight about this. One person said there way suppose to be a story. Like what? We're not a daycare. (Not to mention the kids have only seen the movie 500 times probably) And the LOD didn't even know what time it started so I had a number of unhappy guest on the phone.

I got a couple calls tonight about this. One person said there way suppose to be a story. Like what? We're not a daycare. (Not to mention the kids have only seen the movie 500 times probably) And the LOD didn't even know what time it started so I had a number of unhappy guest on the phone.
crap maybe should not have picked up that mid. let me count the ways i hate bratty children.

The event is from 10am to 12pm. You can find more info about it on workbench/tools/4 quarter planning/frozen event.. I had no communication about the event until I looked around in workbench.

I wanna see a riot for the 2 Elsa dolls we have for the guests to buy. I also wanna see other kids bring in their elsa dolls to brag already that they have them way before Christmas. It would be funny to see 2 three year olds going at it. I will have my camera ready.

No big whoop, a steady stream. No craziness, though. We still had goodie bags when I left 2:30p.

We had a few but it mostly got rained out.
Just a bunch of wet, bedraggled little Elsas/Annas squeaking thru the store....

Our STL made such a big deal about this..4 tm's to set up work/ event, the LOD provided Frozen music in the background,1 extra AP tm brought in....No one showed up., no lines...nothing! gift bags were handed out to anyone who wanted one...

I was reading some of the comments on Target's facebook from angry moms about the event, and there are so many people complaining about how the goody bags didn't have enough stuff in them. I get that some stores kind of botched it, so those complaints are understandable, but it's unbelievable how unappreciative the rest are. Sorry, were you and your spawns of satan expecting free Elsa dolls (wait, they probably were) in there? And then people wonder why their spoiled little brats are so ungrateful for everything. Let's start with their self-entitled parents!

Aaaaand /rant.

Target doesn't know how to manage events, ever! My store it was awesome though because it is super duper high guest traffic and it's run by actually smart people. #humblebrag

Reading many of those complaints it seems no store was the same and many stores knew little to nothing about it. Lack of communication between HQ and the stores again rears its ugly head. Pretty much typical Target anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back