Archived Fun huddle ideas???!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hola Target tm's..

Can you guys give me some good ideas for fun team huddles or even ones that you have had in the past that worked well?

My team is amazing and I want to make out culture even better, I'd really like to start having them but my imagination isn't working..I was thinking about lining up everyone across from each other and making everyone give each other a hug!! Lmao, not really.

Anything would greatly be appreciated and probably used.

We used to do funniest things I've seen u do at work recognitions.

Years ago.. on Mondays .we would have a office chair race. We took chairs from the tls offices ( the ones with wheels on it ) . We sat in it and using our feet had to go as fast as we could...first person to reach the finish line won. The winner then would compete against a new person the following Monday.

I've only been to about three huddles total. At one, the ETL-AP led a race to see who could spider wrap the fastest. I'm glad I opted out. Idk how to spider wrap lol.

Every Tuesday we used to have a TL run a "The Price is Right" type game on current Sale items, with some random cheap award to the winner, it was more fun than the usual "we need X+Impossible, amount of red card diatribe" we always hear. I thought it was creative.

That was during the "Good ole days" however.

Here's a good idea for huddles: Get them over as quickly as possible and let everybody get back to their job.

This...stop wasting what little payroll we have on pointless things. Seems like everytime I am there in the morning its 15 minutes of huddle at the checklanes followed by doing reshop. So its kind of like huddle + a working huddle

It's funny how some people are trying to do something positive for their team and boost their morale but everyone starts hating on it but then complain that they aren't recognized or appreciated. Damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

It's funny how some people are trying to do something positive for their team and boost their morale but everyone starts hating on it but then complain that they aren't recognized or appreciated. Damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

Not hating on anything, just being honest.

To each their own, at my store "fun" stuff at huddles is generally met with a bunch of people trying to quietly back away.

Now if you would like my idea of fun, I like food in the breakroom. A day I don't have to decide what to eat because an easy answer has been presented to me is a good day.

I'm not saying huddles are a must, but I think it's a great attribute for a leader to incorporate some sort of fun into the workload. For me my entire team and I compete to see who makes the best foam and do different latte art designs for the guests. The guests love it and the team has fun creating great moments for the guest. It's a good way to remind each other that we are all people, not robots.

In my earlier years morning huddles started with sampling something new from market: sometimes cookies, sometimes chips, etc.
Nowadays they bribe TMs to show up to huddles with Starbucks samples. We usually did the new drink du jour or created a new one to get input.
A lot of it depends on who's running the huddles since there are a couple ETLs that keep it short & sweet vs the ones who just pound the same lame over & over & over.....

How about for those who want to have fun and be engaged in and enjoy their job we do really fun huddles with snacks while the complaining losers who want to "effectively utilize the 15 minutes of payroll" stay on the floor and work like dogs to cover all of our workload until they become bitter and complain and eventually quit and we hire new people who also join our huddle and our fun!!! Huh? Huh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back