Archived Funny things on the Target Reddit page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flow Warrior

progenitor of thalassophobia
I found these funny things that are so true on the target reddit page so I screen capped them.

bc34e41c732f222041ed30a0bc798f18.png

1e936f2789ea4c4b289446f5f84bd25d.png

We can't do shit about people bringing pets into the store in my city. Bringing dogs
EVERYWHERE is a huge cultural thing here, and people immediately flip their shit any time a business goes against it. You'd just get a ton of negative publicity and lose traffic if you enforced the rules, and have "guests" making a gigantic scene multiple times per day. So instead, our brand attendants get to clean up dog shit at least once per week.

There's a woman who brings in her gigantic Godzilla canine the size of a pony. I've never seen such a massive doge in my life...no idea what breed it is but it's black. His tongue is probably 2 feet long. Very well trained though, stays perfectly calm and has never taken a shit anywhere in the store which is cool

That elf is the worst thing ever.. Hate that fucking elf, a couple years ago people would non stop call for that stupid thing..

I eyerolled so hard.
View attachment 4340
These are the same parents that do their Christmas shopping right in front of their kids and get mad at me for not “hiding” their giant ass toys properly in the bags. Do better sis
I guess it's better than the parent that got miffed last year when we didn't have any elfs that "looked like my child". Stupid bitch, why did the elf have to be white? I know why, she doesn't want her children to think it's ok to invite African Americans and Hispanics into her household, you let the elf in and there goes the neighborhood lol

Businesses have the legal right to ask certain questions

Is your animal a service animal?
Is your animal trained/certified in performing a task to meet a service/task?

But I hated it when ETLs gave in to a guest bringing their pet into the store. And went out of their way to look for cardboard to put in the bottom of the cart for their pet to sit in.

It's a health code violation, right? So I can say, "I'm sorry, Sir/Ma'm. We don't allow dogs around food areas as it is a health code violation."

We have a TL who would immediately talk to the guest and call AP when the guest is being stubborn. She's awesome.

It's a health code violation, right? So I can say, "I'm sorry, Sir/Ma'm. We don't allow dogs around food areas as it is a health code violation."

No, that is incorrect. Service animals are allowed anywhere the person is allowed.

The only two questions businesses can ask about service animals are the two buliSBI already listed. Service animals are included in the Americans with Disabilities Act and going against that is bad news. Let the LOD deal with anything involving service animals.

Oh, I didn't mean the service animals. I've seen those. I meant the other dogs. Sorry and thanks!

Oh, I didn't mean the service animals. I've seen those. I meant the other dogs. Sorry and thanks!

The problem is with target if someone says it's a service animal, even if it clearly isn't you can't do s---.

That's why I always refer them to the lod. Let him deal with it if someone gets bit with rabies

In my store, you can't even ask those two questions. It's too likely to make a guest cause a massive scene.

In my store, you can't even ask those two questions. It's too likely to make a guest cause a massive scene.
Guests who don't want to be asked that question can use their nifty service dog harness in order to avoid the nuisance.

Guests who don't want to be asked that question can use their nifty service dog harness in order to avoid the nuisance.
Those harnesses mean nothing. You can buy one off Amazon with no documentation, and a lot of legitimate service dogs don't use them.

Businesses have the legal right to ask certain questions

Is your animal a service animal?
Is your animal trained/certified in performing a task to meet a service/task?

But I hated it when ETLs gave in to a guest bringing their pet into the store. And went out of their way to look for cardboard to put in the bottom of the cart for their pet to sit in.

I am guilty of taking my dog in on occasion, he needs the experience of public places and most people I work with know his story so they left us the hell alone. I stay away from market and do it usually on my days off early in the day before it gets busy. And yep he has a vest.. That says "DO NOT PET, IN TRAINING" when asked what he is training for? "To be a normal dog that his first family denied him being."

Last edited:
Had a crazy lady try to claim her dog was a service animal (meanwhile the dog was barking and being very aggressive toward me.. yeah he looks very well trained lady)

Gonna be honest, I don't fuck with dogs in public. I'm not gonna get my ass sued over trying to pet a dog. To the ones that pet dogs in public, you're lucky if all you do is distract the dog and get snarked or yelled at.

I know sometimes dogs are there just because their owner wants them to be there, and they don't serve a special purpose, but I don't take my chances. I had befriended a homeless in my days at Subway and I never paid attention to his three-legged dog(whom was legally a companion dog) until he begged me to pet her because apparently she had been watching me and wanting to get paid. Spent many nights closing at Subway just shooting the shit with him.

Unfortunately, he died last year due to some weird foot infection he had. His dog's name was Sadie, not sure where she is now, but last I remember she was with a new family. Big news story came out about it, apparently he talked to some family members about me and they wanted me to come in for a news story my local news station does for a segment called Land of 10,000 Stories. I had to work the night they wanted me to so I never did, was actually only my 2nd or 3rd week here at Target.

One time, an elderly not so helpless woman got mad because the restroom entrance was blocked for cleaning, she walked over to lingerie and pooped right on the carpet. Two younger adults were with her and they all thought it was hysterical and walked out.

I have two friends with service dogs. One is a guide dog as his owner is legally blind, the other is a dog for a vet with severe PTSD. These dogs are trained for months and are welcome in my home as they signal when they need to go outside. My store, however, doesn't care and allows all dogs in our doors. Dogs without service vests, unruly dogs that snarl at everyone, dogs in purses, big dogs, small barking dogs, dogs that have lifted a leg and more. If the management doesn't care, I don't care, unless they pee and poop in the areas I'm working. I feel bad for the CA's assigned to clean up. People just ignore the signage that says only service dogs welcome and our management refuses to enforce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back