Archived game preorders

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyMonday

Starbucks TL
I work electronics and today a guest came in to buy super smash bros for the 3ds and had a preorder card. We were all sold out and since I've worked electronics we have never saved games for preorder or have had this problem. After the quest and her son left, her husband called me and bitch me out for not having the game and then bitched out my gm. Dose anyone know if and how to check preorders for game cause no else in electronics knows and my tl left a couple weeks ago.

If you login to workbench, click on sales floor (the far left menu tab). Then click on Electronics and Entertainment. Then click on product knowledge. On the very bottom of the product knowledge sheet should be a link to the preorders. Then on that page open up the excel file and search for your store number. My wording may be a bit off as I am not near w0rkbench right now, but that is pretty much it.

Yeah, we're supposed to set aside a group of games for reservations and keep them locked in the cabinet at the boat. My store had the same problem because a new guy dodn't know to do that.

OK thanks it's funny I'm technically the new guy but the others electronics tms have been there for ever and are to lazy to care

Anyone can purchase a preorder card from one Target and then go to another Target on release day for pick up. For games we do not receive enough of, it really screws over the process. They created a solution for consoles (store number on the card), I just wish they would do it for everything.

Do games actually sell out during the hold period? I havent worked electronics in some time but I know we always messed up this process and had games in a locked drawer for weeks after they should have gone back to the floor.

Although, adding to the fun of Target's pre-order system, a lot of people might just "pre-order" games in order to get in on the $15-$20 off promotions and never intend on getting a game! Yay!

Although, adding to the fun of Target's pre-order system, a lot of people might just "pre-order" games in order to get in on the $15-$20 off promotions and never intend on getting a game! Yay!
true. maybe it would be a good idea if we made them pay for the game upfront as well. That would also be an incentive to not lose your card.

I never dealt with pre-orders, think our Electronics TL handled that mostly.

They should be set aside from regular inventory though, so someone really screwed up on that guest (I'd be pissed too).

Supposed to be handled by the electronics TL. When I used to fill that role, I'd spend 15 minutes on Monday pulling up/printing AAR reports, Champion News, and Pre-Order numbers.

I pull my pre-orders either the day before or the Friday before, it depends on my rotation. My team and flow and plano are great, if any one of them sees that a shipment comes in and it's a new game or anything significant - they let me know and want to know where I want it (at which, I usually want it back stocked as close to the door in my stock room as possible.)

If you can't find the link just type in reservation program into the search bar in workbench and it should come up at the top of the page.

They break it down by store (thank the target gods that they put us all in numerical order!) And then there are tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet that will list the systems -ps4, xbox 1 and 360 etc.

I make the list, make 3 to 4 copies shoot out the email across leadership. I pull my res the day before with the sheets in the stockroom or where ever I'm holding them and at the boat. Problem solved there.

Guest have 7 days from the release day to out up their reservation and then it's on the shelf. We had 26 reservation on 3ds smash brothers and got in only 30... yeah angry guests all weekend. But now I'm down to 7 and have had none come in on the shipment. Sucks having to hold them while I have someone in my face that I could sell it to. :-/

I preorder My games at target and that shit makes me so mad when they don't have my game. I can't even raise hell....lol

This is an issue at my store too. Thankfully, we've never been completely out when a guest came in, but for a LONG time no one was setting anything aside or doing anything. I actually posted a thread like two years ago asking about this, and even now my store only stays on top of it if I check if whenever I'm scheduled back there. It's ridic.

Do games actually sell out during the hold period? I havent worked electronics in some time but I know we always messed up this process and had games in a locked drawer for weeks after they should have gone back to the floor.

niche games will since you will probably get 3 copies max.

I just had this happen. I went to the store I had reserved Shadows of Mordor at and they were out. Hadn't set any aside. Yes I was 6 days late picking it up but I hadn't paid attention to see the release date had changed. Ended up having to go to another Target to get it.

true. maybe it would be a good idea if we made them pay for the game upfront as well. That would also be an incentive to not lose your card.

Oh god no. Guests screaming that they paid $60, and misplaced the card, but expected us to keep a record of who preordered the games (a reasonable expectation by the way) would not be fun.

Gamestop for example it'd be less of an issue, I can show them my ID when picking up a game I pre-ordered, I don't need to have held onto any paperwork to get my game, but at Target that'd be a nightmare as the POS doesn't keep track of who preorders what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back