Archived Getting Walmart Credit Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mhugh220

Former ETL-Logistics
Our local Walmart had an interesting method for having cashiers ask customers if they wanted to apply for a Walmart credit card.

They hung a sign at each register that said "Receive a free Pepsi if our associate doesn't ask about applying for a Walmart Credit Card."

I wonder how many people get a free Pepsi and what the reprocussions are for giving one away. The cashier has definitely not enthusiastic about asking.

BTW- I hate our Walmarts. They are dark, aisles are tight, and the employees seem grumpy. And I hate seeing freight all over (it was 6PM).

Even though Target shits on TMs I always encounter friendly TMs. Thank you TMs for putting on a smile even if you're having a bad day. I'd much rather shop at Target because of guest service alone.

That's odd considering their cashiers aren't expected to meet a quota. Must be something unique to that store.

Shaws used to have an item of the week if the cashier didn't ask if you wanted to buy it you got it for free. Hubby got the $20 bag of Easter chocolate three years running. He'd go in for just a pack of smokes, or allergy meds and he was young so they didn't think it would matter. Lol.

I remember the Target in my college town doing that over 15 years ago. The cashier didn't ask, so I got the 2 liter sitting at her register. My friend who was with me at the time was a former Target cashier, and was annoyed with me, because she hated pushing that card.

Flash forward 15 years, and I totally feel her pain now.

Hate seeing freight? I always see freight when I go to Walmart. It doesn't bug me. I adapt. I actually give props to Walmart on that. They don't cater to guests and leave freight on the sales floor as they work it.

Yeah man, maybe Target has me conditioned. Maybe it wouldn't bother me if I didn't have to go 20 aisles before I can turn around to get to the aisle I need.

We went to Target right after Walmart and the first thing my wife pointed out was how much nicer Target looked and flowed. Now we don't have Super Walmarts so they cram a lot in a small space, even more so than Pfresh. I do miss the Walmarts we had in GA and TX.

Walmart doesn't care about Guests. But I'm thinking Target doesn't either with them moving Logistics to early morning. Flow and other process jobs should be overnight so TMs can focus on guests.

Yeah man, maybe Target has me conditioned. Maybe it wouldn't bother me if I didn't have to go 20 aisles before I can turn around to get to the aisle I need.

We went to Target right after Walmart and the first thing my wife pointed out was how much nicer Target looked and flowed. Now we don't have Super Walmarts so they cram a lot in a small space, even more so than Pfresh. I do miss the Walmarts we had in GA and TX.

Walmart doesn't care about Guests. But I'm thinking Target doesn't either with them moving Logistics to early morning. Flow and other process jobs should be overnight so TMs can focus on guests.

I had always thought Spot was going for the "We might be using Walmarts business model but we're slapping a nice coat of paint on it" approach.
But it appears that they've decided to go the full monty.
The paint is just too damned expensive.

If we are comparing walmart and target, I'd rather go to target. It's not that walmart employees don't ask me I need helo, it's the guests. The guests are so rude and obnoxious, I can't stand going in there. Checking out is painful and long.

There's only a few things I'll go to walmart for.

As far as being asked about a walmart card, I've only been asked once.

i haven't been asked to sign up for a walmart credit card at checkout in years. it's true that walmart doesn't have the guests first mentality, but they still have a swarm of shoppers everyday anyway.

When I worked at Toys R Us they used to have a similar deal. $5 gift card if we didn't ask if you needed batteries. Automatic final written warning on your first infraction. They probably have something similar at Wal Mart.

Eventually the guests caught on and started berating the cashiers. "Batteries for a Hot Wheel? Go back to school dumbass." We all hated it. That is until I started asking if they needed batteries "for anything at home". The smug grin usually vanished from their faces when they realized they weren't getting to pull that with me. I did, however, have one woman tell me she needed D batteries for her vibrator. I was as red as my shirt that day.

I don't see why everyone always has such negative things to say about Walmart. I like shopping there. Their quality may not be as nice, but they tend to have a larger variety of products and you never see empty shelves (at least where I live).
It's true employees don't acknowledge you, but I'm not really the type of shopper to ask for help at a retail store. It's not like Home Depot where I'd want to get an expert's opinion on the products. It's a convienence store. I like friendly workers and everything, but sometimes I just want to shop in peace, buy my shit and get out.

Hey i know you can't go to walmart and name a price without them checking ,, let alone within 20. We are giving stuff away for nothing 20 .heck i have seen 30,40 50 and higher overrides ..

Hey i know you can't go to walmart and name a price without them checking ,, let alone within 20. We are giving stuff away for nothing 20 .heck i have seen 30,40 50 and higher overrides ..

I get that Spot wants to encourage loyalty, but their "vibe" policy is no better than giving into a child's temper tantrum.

I shop at walmart because it's cheaper. People here bashing it over customer service really need to get over their selves. 99% of the time, you know where and what you want and don't need to talk to any TM. I'm not spending more because employees smile, that's what sheep do.

I don't mind Walmart. I'm the kinda shopper that if I need help I'll ask for it. There are some Walmarts that I won't shop at though in my area.

No one in Wal-Mart has ever asked me if I want to get a credit card. Most of them don't talk - At All - And whats the deal with the cashiers at Wal-Mart wearing plastic gloves?

My Walmart used to do this but it was candy bars. Now they don't and they don't offer the card anymore. I assumed the card didn't exist anymore.

My wm is nice as hell. I prefer it to target. I don't get accosted by TMs in target because I work there lol obvi, but I hate cihyfs as a shopper. I just need you to let me know where something is IF I ASK YOU. Also, they switched our electricity to solar and when they did it, they did something to make the lights dim (I don't think it was the solar in itself, but Idk) so I think the store just looks sad. It photographs well, though so our twitter pics look fantastic haha. And we have those floor tiles that always look sorta dirty. They're the white ones with the like greyish stuff going on. I didn't notice it when the lights were brighter. I went to a different tgt recently and their lights were still bright and they had different flooring (tile and carpet) and their zone was fucking impeccable. It was... It was beautiful, guys. That Target is better than my wm.

Moral to the story: #NotAllTargets #NotAllWalmarts

No one in Wal-Mart has ever asked me if I want to get a credit card. Most of them don't talk - At All - And whats the deal with the cashiers at Wal-Mart wearing plastic gloves?

Probably same reason we have industrial sized hand sanitizer at all the registers. People are dirty.

Oh and returning to topic: Applebee's gives an app if they don't tell you the specials, but literally no one ever forgets because it's the first thing they see when they come to your table. Then it becomes muscle memory after a while.

My local Walmart is awesome! It is massive (about 215k sq feet) and everything is shiny and new. Their grocery selection is crazy and what I imagine a Super Target would look like.

If I recall correctly, their credit card had the useful perk of a discount on Walmart gas. But it was pointless since you could also get the discount by using a gift card.

I don't shop at Walmart, but it's because I don't like shopping. The only reason I buy anything at Target is because I'm there anyways for work.

Though I will admit my last Walmart visit was a somewhat unsettling experience.

I don't understand why our Walmarts here are small. In GA, PA, and TX most of the Walmarts were huge and awesome.

I like Walmart for the departments Target doesn't have. And Super Walmart grocery side is cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back