Archived Giving Feedback to the Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullselle

Softy
This must be the time of year where TLs ask for your feedback, because within the past two weeks I've had a GSTL, a TL and an ETL ask for my opinions on the store and write down my responses. The problem is that they ask me questions like: "What can we do to improve the store?" and "What criticisms do you have for your ETLs?" and you can't just say nothing because that looks suspicious. I tried to put a positive spin on every criticism I gave, but looking back on it, I think I was a little too honest with some of my responses. Shit, let's just hope they'll forget which TM said what.
Have you given feedback to your store? And how did you phrase your constructive criticisms?

this is so they can do your review right after you give your opinion. You score an unfavorable review and only get 2 cent raise this year, sorry.
I kept my mouth shut. Just told them we need someone in charge of the pfresh truck team,
and be there watching over them, cause it doesn't get finished and no one backstocks in the freezer.

lol ^^

all about best team survey. i would say its common but if it seems overwhelming... then chances are your leadership team etls and stl have received a ton of feedback already and or on visits from a dtl he/she thinks that team culture is bad then that is the "new" focus. even though it should be the number one focus all the time

I just got the questions recently, too. Having been with Target for 6+ years, I don't care. I gave honest answers with a smile and added a positive spin where I felt like one was merited.

There for a while it was part of the the TL and HR-ETL job to get regular feedback from the TMs but it sounds like they've pretty much figured out what most TMs are going to be thinking (not enough pay, crappy health insurance, not enough people on the floor, not enough hours and having to push Red Cards over giving decent service) so they stopped asking.

It's interesting that they've started asking again.
I was a bit too bluntly honest with my answers so they stopped asking me.

I could have sworn when I was told about the review 2 months ago that they said it was anonymous.

There for a while it was part of the the TL and HR-ETL job to get regular feedback from the TMs but it sounds like they've pretty much figured out what most TMs are going to be thinking (not enough pay, crappy health insurance, not enough people on the floor, not enough hours and having to push Red Cards over giving decent service) so they stopped asking.

It's interesting that they've started asking again.
I was a bit too bluntly honest with my answers so they stopped asking me.

Did they ask for your opinions of TLs and ETLs?

My STL, ETLs and TL asked me that as well. I told them that honestly, it's not my store so I don't really care.

Did they ask for your opinions of TLs and ETLs?

At the sit down ones they do that.
It's not supposed to be phrased as "What do you think of this TL?" but "What so you think this TL could do to make your job better?".
That way you can give an answer based strictly around the job, that isn't personal and might actually help you.

But now they seem to have decided that the sit down ones take too many people off the floor (since there aren't enough people on the floor anyway) and they do the walk around ones.
So they don't want to ask questions that take much thought and in depth replies.
Any way they can shorthand it, the better.
Which means the whole thing is really not accomplishing what it was meant to in the first place.

DAMN! Curse my inability to lie convincingly!!!!
Review scores are already determined so that can't be it. My cashier review scores were approved at the end of January. It's because BTS is in 6-8 weeks. Met with my DTL on Monday and all of us TLs at my store met with her to discuss our STL and etls

Review scores are already determined so that can't be it. My cashier review scores were approved at the end of January. It's because BTS is in 6-8 weeks. Met with my DTL on Monday and all of us TLs at my store met with her to discuss our STL and etls

BTS?

Best team survey.

Back to School starts in late June or early July usually.

I can hardly wait for the DTL to talk to us about the etls! They're an absolute shit show and BTS will reflect that heavily, there is nothing those asswipes can do in the next 6-8 wks to save themselves. The damage is too much to repair. Too bad they waited until now to ask for feedback and ways to improve..

I can hardly wait for the DTL to talk to us about the etls! They're an absolute shit show and BTS will reflect that heavily, there is nothing those asswipes can do in the next 6-8 wks to save themselves. The damage is too much to repair. Too bad they waited until now to ask for feedback and ways to improve..
Our last BTS had everyone in logistics basically shit all over our ETL-LOG and he is still around. This year may not be as bad for him since flow finally has a TL again and they don't have to deal with the ETL as much.

There's plenty of stores that do this to head off BTS thinking if they ask you now, before it, you don't bash your store when you have to take the survey

When am asked how I feel things are going . I say fine. Is this the truth? hell no. However,at my store if you answer that question honestly they have a way of "getting back at you " . So, I just smile and lie .

We also had at one time things called chat sessions...however, that is a thing of the past ( at least at my store) someone recently asked the stl about it and he replied, Well, we just don't have the payroll to waste on that .
Oh man, it's worse here. They stopped doing them because everyone had something negative to say and they just waved every criticism saying "oh they're just bashing" not giving the complaints the time of day

Oh man, it's worse here. They stopped doing them because everyone had something negative to say and they just waved every criticism saying "oh they're just bashing" not giving the complaints the time of day
I have heard that before as well...and then they will pull the "Don't bring up an issue unless you have a solution" card. Years ago in a chat session a guy was talking about hours being cut the then HR etl said well, maybe they will pick up in a couple weeks...He then looked at her and said ..In a couple weeks? My rent was due yesterday! Needless to say the chat session ended shortly after that .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back