Archived Go Out With A BANG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about leaving two flats of electronics signing and displays, one pallet of newly delivered signing sitting in the fixture room?
Or the TV wall half taken apart?

Sounds like a normal Thursday afternoon at my store.

Cool thread. I honestly could not think of anything exciting or mischievous to end my employment with. If i was leaving Target I would probably order a bunch of pizzas and bring them to the breakroom, say goodbye to the few people I actually got to know well or talk with occasionally.
If I wanted to be devious, there's the idea of just "working" slowly until 8, backstocking every last item that comes on the pallets, then leaving the moment the store opens. But I would never actually do that. Hahaha.

Carry Out Order with Target HQ as the billing address...

If only someone was crazy or mischievous enough to pull such off....

On my last day (day that I quit for a much better career) I took longer breaks, stopped upselling, told guests not to waste money on service plans or attachments that they didn't need, didn't ask CIHYFS, didn't work any reshop or backstock, didn't do the job of instocks or plano, did a ****ty job zoning while talking to friends, and played angry birds on my phone at the boat.

Basically for one day I did my job just as ****ty as most of the people at my store do everyday.... and you know what?

The store didn't burn down. I should've been like that from the start.... my last day was fun.

That's what I'm going to do. I do my best at my job--which is why I am/was a few weeks away from TL interviews--but my last day next Thursday, I think I'm going to do this. I'll act like the rest of my so called team.

give the first guest a shock while they are holding hands, creating a Chain of Pain.

While singing "Kum-Bi-Ya"
f39d7074.gif
f39d7074.gif
f39d7074.gif
Shock.gif

kum bi chain of pain

Last day at Target Pranks

Hey everyone,

Having my last day in about two weeks. Have been with company 5+ years. Want to have a little fun on my last day, nothing to cause any major disruptions but just enough to get everyone on their toes a little.

Any ideas or things that you've thought of over your time at Target? Again nothing to hurt anyone or cause damage... just little frustrations

Current plans:

Zip tie some of the phone cords together where the handset meets the base so it doesnt stretch

Computer settings... like switch the L and R mouse button functions

Set the copiers to Japanese if possible

Pallet wrap certain ETL cars... tenative

Relabel the keys?

Photocopy a paperclip about 50 times and mix it throughout the copy paper to confuse people

MAYBE use baling wire to attach a pallet or two to the steel.. though this might be dangerous

Scan condoms and lube, etc into the SDA

Zip tie the library ladders to the up/down positions

Anything else to mess with the team a little?

If you have a key to the baler or a key to the crown/wave, maybe make ten or a dozen copies of keys and give them to team members that you like or ones that need keys but the ETLs are too lazy and/or mean to give those team members keys?

For the disgruntled TM... LOCU.

If you have a key to the baler or a key to the crown/wave, maybe make ten or a dozen copies of keys and give them to team members that you like or ones that need keys but the ETLs are too lazy and/or mean to give those team members keys?

I maintain my own stash of equipment keys bought with my dime so I don't have to waste time loaning my own key out and hunting it down.

I may be on my way out soon, and this thread has given me some wonderful ideas (and laughs!). We have a spare callbox sitting in our fixture room, and if all goes according to plan I may just have to make some use of it! :)

I didn't take the time to read all of the very lengthy but also very awesome thread that commiecorvus linked - but...

I didn't see this one: In backroom if you LOCU an entire aisle, you can also go into location management and *delete* that entire aisle...the locations will no longer exist and can't be scanned or updated. Then you can go into the same menu in your PDA and create a whole new aisle - a number that doesn't exist of course - just print the labels on a hip printer or easily accessible main printer. Hang onto those printed labels and scan *lots* of things into all of those locations via the printed labels...then toss the labels. Until someone figures it out you have made an entire ghost aisle and an entire baffle aisle, and...well, you just fucked your old store into the red, so I hope you meant it.

I shouldn't have posted any of this because I'm doing everything to help my store climb out of red but...we all have fantasies, right?

PS If I ever leave I always wanted to drive the Wave out the front door. Maybe grab someone's car keys or a few PDAs or something, climb up and throw them on the roof, go back down on my way to my car, and ditch the Wave in the parking lot as I drive off.

If I knew that my backroom guys wouldn't have to fix it, I'd absolutely do screwed up sh** in the backroom.

Randomly LOCUing about half the locations because, as aforementioned, it'd be much more trouble than just LOCUing all of them. What makes it bad is that in my store, there are 5-12 items per waco in every fillgroup. High volume, small space.

LOCU the DVD/Bluray aisle the night before a heavy return scan. Oh yeah.

I really like the thing about printing new barcodes, but tearing off just the barcode part and putting it on a different location. That would be epically awesome and I think would be super duper hard for someone to find and figure out unless it was one of the very few careful people.

Mix the hell out of PETS and PET2.

Most of the year, whoever zones toys also does sporting goods. While training the new seasonal hires, I might have forgotten to teach them how to zone fan central.

Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back