Archived Good Bye Food Avenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asuras

Starbucks Shift Supervisor
Known about this for awhile but held off posting because I wasn't sure I could share it. Not going to go into huge detail but since its official today and signs are up for guest to know.

Today is Food Avenue's last day being open at the store I am at. It will be closed until November, when it will be reopened as D'amico and Sons restaurant. All Food Avenue Team Members had a choice of going to cashiers or the Deli (Super Target). Our store is test piloting it. So it may or may not go beyond us. There are other details but I'll leave at that.

Share your thoughts.

Last edited:
I heard of a huge menu change to Cafe. Hot dogs, icees, and popcorn going away (basically the only things we sell) but didn't hear anything about something new coming there. Can anyone go into further detail?

Its not just a simple menu change, I'll leave it at that. Our store will be the test pilot. So this change is not being mass rolled out.

Last edited:
There were rumors of the Freshii thing and whatnot so it's not a huge suprise to me. I think the options at Cafe were getting really sparse. They got rid of all the good stuff over the years (breakfast sandwiches, chicken strips, fries, salads, parfaits). Less and less tms go there, and the guests would just stop if they were thirsty or smelled the popcorn. I really would like to know more if you wanted to message me.

Edina & Maple Grove look like they're both getting DAmicos?

Even tho we're in a fairly well-heeled area, folks aren't spend that kinda dough for a quick shopping jaunt.
Certainly not for the 'bambini'.
Most of our selling fare is Icees, popcorn, pretzels & pizza.

Ok, just Googled it. The cafes that won't be changing just yet must be getting rid of things on their menu. Our menus changed on the computer the other day but the cafe girl didn't elaborate. She said new sandwiches though..

Go figure, there is a news article on it (just Googled it myself). The Deli already makes sandwiches and salad with the D'amico and Sons logo on it. I assume it will be expanded along side with hot dishes such as pasta and other stuff from their restaurant front. The new "restaurant" will be employed by D'amico and Sons. Much like how the Pharmacy will be when that get changed over to CVS.

You were okay to post about it. I posted about this like 5 days ago when I saw the headline on workbench ;) but Yea I'm stoked and I'm not even around any stores doing this.

I'm still waiting for panera bread to show up. I'm devastated to hear about the hot dogs those were my favorite, but this could be interesting none the less.

I don't think so. Our SB is always busy and has to be bringing money in for Spot!
Mine is always busy too, #2 in the company. I was just joking since we are talking about brands taking ownership of the employees.

The articles I read all said 3 restaurants were being tested.. Freshii, Pizza Hut and D'amico and Sons (which I gather is a regional chain?). It also says that the pizza hut locations will be testing artisan margarita and bbq pizza. Ummmm, we had those pizza hut artisan pies before, but we had margarita and buffalo.

I think they're gonna end up with different restaurants in dif stores... kinda like how some walmarts have subway and some have mcdonalds.

2.70 for a meat and bread hot dog?

It's already expensive...

I think they're gonna end up with different restaurants in dif stores... kinda like how some walmarts have subway and some have mcdonalds.
Their goal is more "locally geared" food choices. The workbench headline made it seem like it would be expanding pretty quickly. I hope we get rid of Pizza Hut altogether at my store lol.

Holy shit... my ETL told me they were in measuring shit for a Starbucks the other day...

When I started 14 years ago, the generic Food Ave wasn't crappy. We had grills, fryers and a wall oven. It was more like being a short order cook than heating up frozen food or putting out pre packaged food. I hated our Pizza Hut transition and I missed the days where I could cook and prep with the help of another TM. Now they are lucky to have more than one person scheduled at one time. I doubt that we will get D'Amico or Freshii since we have Pizza Hut, and we don't even have a Starbucks!

I really hope this does well. If it does, we'll all get a tasty change up to our Target Cafes. I want tacos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back