Archived Good Bye Food Avenue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food Ave with Pizza Hut are required to make a minimum of all their items. At my Target Cafe they have to make 137 pans of pizza a day and a case comes with 90 I believe. It's a lot of food that doesn't get sold.

We only proof 60 pans a day for the next day.

I'm supposed to have baked pizza's in the holding bin, but I never do cuz after 15, 20 minutes they turn to shit. I bake them to order and guests love that.

My store had Food Ave closed completely at 5:30.. started closing procedures around 4:45. Usually closes at 8:30ish pm. Could this be why? A bunch of guests were asking me at SCO.

EDIT: Nevermind it was because the actual closer called in. Also didn't realize this post was made literally over a year ago, oops.

Last edited:
Our FA is supposed to be cut in half so a Starbucks can fit.

It's gonna be interesting...

Ours left 2 years ago. Best decision ever. Only have fountain left. No more popcorn. Starbucks all the way. Now the kids eat cake pops. A lot less mess.

I am in a fairly newer store and we have no Target Cafe, only Starbucks. One guest complained to me that she came into get pizza for lunch and was not happy. I think it is a good decision since less food gets wasted.

PLEASE GET RID OF IT GOODBYE.

Let Starbucks have all the empty space back there please.

Revamp the Foodave counter and the wall behind Starbucks to become one big L shaped counter and we'll be beautiful

Losing the popcorn will cause many guests grief. Just the smell alone makes them randy.

There is no other place in my town that offers fresh, hot buttery popcorn for you to enjoy while you shop.

I have so many regulars that LOVE to have me serve them...

Is corporate THAT STUPID???

Losing the popcorn will cause many guests grief. Just the smell alone makes them randy.

There is no other place in my town that offers fresh, hot buttery popcorn for you to enjoy while you shop.

I have so many regulars that LOVE to have me serve them...

Is corporate THAT STUPID???

For my Store its the Grilled Cheese that is a hot seller.

I cut it into quarters...

They LOVE that!

Right after our remodeled GS opened Thursday my GSTL/FATL asked STL if we would remodel FA.
STL: "Like that'll ever happen." :rolleyes:
Has Corp ever remodeled a FA before?

Ours left 2 years ago. Best decision ever. Only have fountain left. No more popcorn. Starbucks all the way. Now the kids eat cake pops. A lot less mess.
it's been almost a year since we lost our FA and got our Starbucks. we didn't even keep the soda fountain. we STILL get guests coming in who look around, walk the entire cafe, look behind the counter, and then ask, "...y'all got rid of the popcorn?" yes. yes, we did. have you ever seen a Starbucks that serves popcorn. people will get RILED over this shit. it's genuinely not that serious.

Right after our remodeled GS opened Thursday my GSTL/FATL asked STL if we would remodel FA.
STL: "Like that'll ever happen." :rolleyes:
Has Corp ever remodeled a FA before?
Yes. Many years ago, FA had full grill/fryers, etc and actually cooked things. Ours got remodeled to the version where things get heated up and mostly snacks. Now we are starbucks only.

Yes. Many years ago, FA had full grill/fryers, etc and actually cooked things. Ours got remodeled to the version where things get heated up and mostly snacks. Now we are starbucks only.
Those burgers were good. My store never had the flat top though, not enough room since we were a converted store. We had microwave egg sandwiches and pretzels. Now it's a Starbucks with an asshole TL that has 2 flats of product in the freezer because he won't stop ordering. I miss the old Target.

I really doubt FA is profitable or even drives enough sales to make it worthwhile. Starbucks gets a lot of people into stores and probably generates some money. Can't wait to see it go away. Sorry FA TMs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back