Archived Good Bye Food Avenue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Many years ago, FA had full grill/fryers, etc and actually cooked things. Ours got remodeled to the version where things get heated up and mostly snacks. Now we are starbucks only.
Hmm I'll have to ask my TL if we ever had that.

I really doubt FA is profitable or even drives enough sales to make it worthwhile. Starbucks gets a lot of people into stores and probably generates some money. Can't wait to see it go away. Sorry FA TMs!!
Ours has started opening at 10 instead of 8 as they weren't making money. I saw a form saying they only made ~7K last month
We're a FA with PH express and we still open when the store does but after payroll hours got cut, we had to close earlier and the ETLs seem to not mind. I think our sales have gone down slightly compared to last year Q4 but I'll have to see. We seem to be doing okay cause everyone keeps buying our pizza, popcorn and other stuff. Our Starbucks makes about 8-10% of our sales and they still got hours cut. I thought that they were given hours separate from the store. At least thats what the old TL for sbux told me before he left.

As a Not-Starbucks-Kinda-Person, I'd be distressed if I lost my soda and popcorn area. I'm also big on the chicken tenders they serve. Of course, our hours are also getting slashed so it's kind of moot because the place isn't even open half of the time.

I feel like FA wouldn't be in such a hole if it didn't spend whole days closed.... we have to throw out so much stuff just because it's thawed and past the date, and it WOULD have sold if we were open. That irks me more than anything. I'm also probably wrong about this feeling, but oh well.

We are open 10-800 7 days a week except the days the opener is ncns, the closer calls off before 10am, and the midshift person (me) is sick but still came in but isnt allowed back there so stuck on express all day (happened recently) lol

Our FA hemorrhages money like a waterfall. We NEVER break even.
I might miss the popcorn but I can't wait for it to either close or morph into something profitable.
We only have popcorn, hot dogs & pretzels. Pathetic. The hot dogs suck, they're so disgusting and dry and old.
We throw away more than we sell each day. Idiots keep prepping too much.

I'd love to see real food at our store or a Starbuck's.

I feel sorry for our FA, they get 1/10th the customers that our Starbucks gets and then the STL yells at them for not being profitable enough.

Our FA sells a lot of snack fare for the moms who don't drop coin for Starbucks.
Plenty of afterschool runs for pretzels, popcorn, Icees & the like.

I've only had a hot dog from our FA once, but it was pretty good. The kids certainly seem to love it, so I hope we keep ours.

That's not the hot dog's fault, it's the TM in charge of them.

My dogs are fresh and juicy, and the buns are warm and soft.

My popcorn will make you wanna slap your mama!
FA still doesn't make money. Its where Target sends money to die.

Sounds like your cafe is on the ball.
drinkbeer.gif

Are you in a super Target or an HV store?

What days are those? We are 10 to 7, 7 days a week.
Whenever the LOD decides. Hours need to be saved? Ask the closing cafe to just go home and opener is now the closer. We crosstrained some hardlines folks to be cafe, but then they decided they still want them as hardlines, so we have a lot of mornings where a HL TM is scheduled to open cafe and they just get pulled to sales floor and no one opens cafe so none of the pizza is ready so then they say "oh whoops, I guess the closer should just go home at this point" and then it stays closed all day. And then that'll happen multiple days to save on hours and then a few days later, the opener comes in and has to toss all of the dethawed, unused sauces and toppings and such.

I have to assume that the hours saved from keeping a 9-7 cafe closed every day offsets the cost of all this stuff that gets tossed out. That kinda bothers me on a conceptual level, but oh well.

Yeah that's insane. Closing Food Ave altogether would decrease costs enough to increase profits, but closing one random day every so often will keep most of the costs up (TONS of stuff needs to be thrown out) while keeping sales at $0. It'd be different if it was planned or if they just decided to open an hour later and close an hour earlier every day, but the random closes can only hurt you.

That's not the hot dog's fault, it's the TM in charge of them.

My dogs are fresh and juicy, and the buns are warm and soft.

My popcorn will make you wanna slap your mama!

You're right, the TM leaves the hot dogs on too long or too hot.

I do love our popcorn because it tastes like the movie theater but costs like 900% less. I like the yellow buttery ones that pop first. If I ever get my hands on the machine, I double press the oil because I'm all about "fuck the establishment" like that.

We had a guest incident a while ago and said guest called Guest Relations to complain that the cafe was never open. So the cafe must be open at all times, whether someone is over there or not. The only times we can close it are for breaks or lunches.

We had a guest incident a while ago and said guest called Guest Relations to complain that the cafe was never open. So the cafe must be open at all times, whether someone is over there or not. The only times we can close it are for breaks or lunches.
Uh, you still shouldn't be closing it for breaks and lunches, but I guess that's better than before...

On a full cup, I press the button three times.
So, I'm wondering if you're doubling the calories by doing that. Not only is it not what you're supposed to do, but that changes the nutritional value of the food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back