Archived Goodbye Dollar Spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After two consecutive weeks of seasonal salavge (or did one spot go last week too?) I'm sick and tired of One Spot. Sure, I buy stuff out of there but I can always go to Dollar Tree and find most of the same items. We send One Spot salvage on the salvage pallet and it is a huge hassle. I pulled a train of 5 carts back to receiving when we did One Spot and brought a pallet back to seasonal when PLU BTS hit the other day.
Any plan that frees up 8-16 hours for price change in a week is a welcome in my book.

After two consecutive weeks of seasonal salavge (or did one spot go last week too?) I'm sick and tired of One Spot. Sure, I buy stuff out of there but I can always go to Dollar Tree and find most of the same items. We send One Spot salvage on the salvage pallet and it is a huge hassle. I pulled a train of 5 carts back to receiving when we did One Spot and brought a pallet back to seasonal when PLU BTS hit the other day.
Any plan that frees up 8-16 hours for price change in a week is a welcome in my book.

I'm not sure about this year, but the last 2 years we donated our BTS salvage to local groups geared toward bettering education for disadvantaged youth.

holy hell id the happiest person alive if they really got rid of this. especially before christmas. i wonder what theyll do what the space.

It really depends on the area....my store can barely keep One-Spot instock. Those impulse buy items fly off the shelf.

It should be a store-to-store decision on which stores keep what. While One-Spot is a pain to push/maintain...it honestly does boost the basket size in my store.

One spot is on the pre tie schedule for 11/1. Havent heard any news of it being discontinued or removed at my store....And its on the adjacency calendar with POG titles.

I remember years ago when we carried the cool kids play sets.
They weren't name brand but really need stuff at a good price.
There was a fairly big grocery play set for only $10 & a good-sized truck set for the same price.

I saw it today. It's changing to "Bullseye's Playground". The two shelves that make the L shape will have the toy like items. The center shelves will have nicer, bigger items. The prices will now be $1-$10.

It looks A LOT nicer and easier to maintain.

Kind of excited about this. Hadn't heard anything about this yet other than here but seems like it will be easier to salvage

I was told that it will be used for seasonal items--toys for Christmas, exercise gear for January, grilling stuff in the summer. Like that.

Must be like what double entrance Targets already have.
Kind of but it's 99.9% food stuff and vendor product. Plus it tends to be the first place I start to flex when I need to get stuff out of the back.

asants.. My cartweel is primo real-estate since it sees at least 85% of checklane foot traffic. It's great for the impulse buys and it's my big persuasion point for getting vendors to play nice.

There was a small Redwire about calenders and it mentioned them being in See Spot Save. It also said they'd be here around Dec. 27 so I don't think dollar spot is going anywhere soon.

Big disadvantage to rid of dollar spot... big sales driver theyd be losing. I dont think its happening everywhere.
I dunno about big sales driver all I find are pages torn from coloring books, empty packages galore and broken items there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back