Archived Gross Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an older guest run up to me with a cart containing a shoebox and what appeared to be a peg leg. He informed me that he had just got a new wooden leg, and was having trouble fitting the shoe onto the prosthetic. As I shoved the black size 11 Merona dress shoe onto the stub, he whispered to me, "I haven't changed that sock in over a year."

Vibe?

worst part of the cart attendant job.
Sunday I saw these girls ( teenage) come into the store with a child cart and riding it. Those same girls stopped by Food Ave and got a large Icee, and 45 minutes later I get a call to clean up vomit on E-11 which is toys.

A couple weeks ago some parents knew their child was sick and insisted in bringing him out, well guess what that child vomited and the whole main aisle had to be blocked, cleaned, and sanitized

Also, I had to clean up a kids piss because his mother didnt take him to the bathroom

There was a thing that nobody really knows what it was that was in a plastic bag stashed on a shelf with the drink mixes, with eight maggots crawling near it. The ETL-AP and ETL-GE didn't open the bag because it smelled that bad. We had to QMOS out or defect out, I'm not sure what they did, the entire section.

We had a horrible smell in the pet food section.
It took a couple of hours to take the entire section apart to find the can in the back that had a split in the bottom.
It had bulged out and popped the seams, the dog food inside was so toxic no one wanted to get close.

I"m just going to say that I refused to use the bathrooms at the store i'm going to be working at for a LONGGGGG time. I'd rather use our WMs - they at least clean them during the day/night. :bad:

I was happy to see how grossed out the "manager on duty" (no idea her title!) was after she walked in there and saw it.... i'm not sure the new cleaning company was fond of me though! (it was 10 minutes after the store opened, someone cleaned around 2 nasty issues)

(I've had to use it a couple of times since then - and I'm always cautious and afraid of what I will walk into)

I swear, working retail exposes you to the grossest things.

-had a kid barf right outside the fitting room one night. Left a trail of about 3 feet. I called over a TL and another TM (who both were moms) to clean it up since the cart attendant magically was on his mall walk...and I went on break early. (Human vomit...I cannot handle.)
-this one isn't gross but was a mess to clean up...a guest dropped Tide from seasonal to the check lanes. Took about six people to clean up.
-pharmacy/family restroom...seriously? What do people do in there? It's GROSS!
-also funny that the mall restrooms were right outside our store, yet everyone came in ours...so I started going out to those ones because ours were nasty.
-countless code browns in the women's restroom. Especially in the early mornings.
-dirty diapers found in baby hardlines or the fitting room. Since garbage cans are not clearly marked.
-we had a TM who was really nice and a good worker...but rarely wore deodorant. The worst was grabbing hangers out of the FR closet after they'd been in there...all of us would gag. A TL finally talked to them and it got better.
-I guess it's a rule that the flow team didn't need to shower or wear clean clothes?
-hungover TMs who forgot to brush their teeth and then needed to breathe in your face while talking to you. Excuse me while I go and throw up my breakfast.
-changing out the canister for metafix, back when we were a wet photo lab. No one else would take responsibility, so I ended up doing it. Pretty sure there was mold behind it...did not smell great. Plus our drain was also disgusting and would get clogged by the cleaning crew.
-bikinis and Aunt Flo...sigh. We had a TM who would put the ruined item in a plastic bag and label it biohazard...it was gross but funny. Another one would tweeze hairs out of the swimsuit liners. I would just defect them out.

I'm sure I'll think of some more...

When studying up on my hazmat training, I always read about Target covering the cost of inoculating you if you were exposed to a biohazard.
I just didn't think it should be a prerequisite for using the restrooms.

Sigh.

I was shopping in the store last night about 6pm and had to use the restroom.

Then I had to go tell the one GSTL that I have no love for (99% sure it is mutual) that it was "rough". That was an understatement - but she had a guest there and I was trying to be "nice" about it. I'm also going to assume she didn't do anything about it since her response was a sicky sweet "thank you".

I swear, I'll take WM on a Saturday afternoon over these.... I'll talk to someone tomorrow again about it.

OHHHH, I have a picture I should upload.... can we do that? Because honestly, I cannot begin to describe how much this grossed me out!!! LOL!

LOL, there is actually nothing visibly gross.... unless you count the fact that the lady had her child sitting on the floor, against the back wall and next to the other stall in the bathroom.

ON THE FLOOR.

IN A PUBLIC BATHROOM.

What the HECK was she NOT thinking?!?!?!?!

There was no way my germ-o-phobe teen was going to believe me, so I snapped a pic! :p

In addition - I wasn't to keen on thinking there was this peeping-tom kid in the stall on the floor next to me.....

(that T's bathrooms are cleaner than the ones at mine - but um, they can't be THAT clean!)

Pharmacy restroom...

What could only be described as "diarrhea put through a super soaker".

It apparently happened during the day around 3pm and was left for the cleaning crew to handle the next morning.

Pharmacy restroom...

It apparently happened during the day around 3pm and was left for the cleaning crew to handle the next morning.

Ya know, I've witnessed projectile pooping from toddlers & you'd think that adults would know better.......but you'd be wrong.
Ah well, there's a reason our restrooms have floor drains.

Pharmacy restroom...

Ya know, I've witnessed projectile pooping from toddlers & you'd think that adults would know better.......but you'd be wrong.
Ah well, there's a reason our restrooms have floor drains.

The problem is that sometimes things happen so quickly that you just can't make it to the bathroom in time. Fortunately for me, I was at home.

When I was sales floor I helped out my store's tps clean up vomit from the floor. No one else wanted to help him and he was a likeable guy. Probably due to the smell it was bad. But I did get a great team card! :D

When I was sales floor I helped out my store's tps clean up vomit from the floor. No one else wanted to help him and he was a likeable guy. Probably due to the smell it was bad. But I did get a great team card! :D

I did that with my tps, the other day too.

Today was a new low for me! A mom loaded all her groceries up on the belt and as I finished checking and bagging her son (around 3) was standing in the cart leaning over the belt as it moved. Well he proceeded to Luke on the belt and since it was moving the puke went under the belt and the chunky bits made it on to my scanner and on to me.
Yeah I may have screeched in shock! Oh and that check out lane will probably be blocked off for a while.
On the plus side I received a free red shirt and khakis from my LOD since I was the closing cashier and no one else available was over 18.

Today was a new low for me! A mom loaded all her groceries up on the belt and as I finished checking and bagging her son (around 3) was standing in the cart leaning over the belt as it moved. Well he proceeded to Luke on the belt and since it was moving the puke went under the belt and the chunky bits made it on to my scanner and on to me.
Yeah I may have screeched in shock! Oh and that check out lane will probably be blocked off for a while.
On the plus side I received a free red shirt and khakis from my LOD since I was the closing cashier and no one else available was over 18.

Glurg.

excuse me while I go tango with the toilet -shudder- I have a case of I see vomit I vomit it sucks

Whenever we had a kid blork in the lanes, they always called cashiers who were mamas to clean it up 'cause they were used to it & it didn't faze them.

excuse me while I go tango with the toilet -shudder- I have a case of I see vomit I vomit it sucks

I've been puked on more than once in my life. I just clean up and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back